TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Golden Globes 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Golden Globes 2020 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
On tonight. Hosted by Ricky Gervais. Could be fun!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
can't wait!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching the Golden Globes years ago, too many bizarre/strange/undeserving nominations and winners. I have never found Ricky Gervais funny.

For anyone who likes this show, enjoy.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh I enjoy Ricky. He has his moments but I find him funny. The Golden Globes sometimes provides the best moments of all the award shows. I don't know whether people are more relaxed because it's the first one or whether it's the dinner
and drinks.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
My husband was watching the Golden Globes and I must admit that to my surprise Ricky Gervais made me laugh with his joke about having a good movie if you dont use cats.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Gwyneth Paltrow's dress looks like a I Dream of Jeannie costume got tangled with one of those old crocheted toilet paper covers. Ugly!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
His opener was funny, some cringe worthy moments but funny

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Ricky is telling it like it is to Hollywood.Good for him.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Paltrow looked ridiculous! Just because you're a "celebrity" doesn't mean you can get away with something like that.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, January 06, 2020 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Her dress was better than J-Lo’s ridiculous bow! LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 06, 2020 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I still have the second half to watch. I'll go zip through it. So far loving it. I had to look in google to see if Bernie Taupin was as cute as I Thought I remembered, and oh boy was I right. He was very handsome.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 06, 2020 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I did find a show called "Ramy" I want to see. And a couple others.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 06, 2020 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
PLUS, all I can say is that FLEABAG better make another season even though they had no plan to do it. The show is showered with awards at all the awards shows, and 2 seasons is not enough.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 06, 2020 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Reading about the show, meh. Ricky is just not my cup of tea.

But happy that Chernobyl had wins.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, January 06, 2020 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I find the Golden Globes kind of boring to sit and watch all the way through. I don't have cable and have never heard of most of the shows or actors. I wanted to see Tom Hanks and Ellen D win their respective honors. So, I kept going back and forth to other channels.

In terms of what were they thinking wearing that.... Jennifer Lopez and Paltrow take the cake for me. Taylor Swift is usually really good in her fashion. But, this dress wore her due to the massive skirt. I thought it would look much better as a straight A-line with that top. I was also wondering as to how many times Kerry Washington had to go check that double stick tape on her jacket.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 06, 2020 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The best thing about the awards shows for me is introducing me to great shows and movies I hadn't even noticed before.

I'd have never given Mrs. Maisel a second thought if it hadn't have won so many emmys while I was watching.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 06, 2020 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
For some reason our new Hulu Live didn't record the first half hour of the show. Ugh! I had to watch Ricky's opening on YouTube. Some cringe-worthy moments, but that's Ricky. He tells it like it is. I think he's pretty funny. He's not afraid to be honest.

When Gwenyth Paltrow walked on stage, my DH said, "She's practically naked!" It was a tacky outfit. But I guess she wanted to show off her body.

I thought Brad Pitt had a good line about not bringing his mom to the show, because whenever he stands "next to a woman, they think we're dating." Ha! True!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 06, 2020 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’ve met his Mom,Jane. She is a good friend of my mother in laws. We can not ask questions about Brads personal life, but boy do I have questions.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: