TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 08, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: A Million Little Things: Archive through November 08, 2019 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Eddie was not only gone, but was also an alcoholic. She was the main breadwinner.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
All of those are definitely valid explanations - it still just bothers me because I want to like this character and it feels like they're making her unlikable instead of sympathetic.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I liked her better last night. They tried to show her fear of being hurt again by trusting Eddie. Their son was really cute trying to get them together.

The rest of the show was a bit 'meh' to me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The previews do not look good for that relationship..

I don't see her as unlikable.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The writers seem to be spinning their wheels a bit like they’ve lost direction. Gary and Maggie are by far the most interesting and entertaining characters for me. I enjoyed his interaction with John’s son. He’s really stepped up.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Heh.. at first I thought which son, but yes.. That is interesting.

Gary is what people call "a lot", and wants to fix things, but he sure is all in to help everyone and glad he encouraged the audition!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like this blogger

https://www.elitedaily.com/search?q=a%20million%20little%20things

Scroll down to her between season posts and it helps refresh names, couples..

In the latest episode, I liked the way Rome and Regina supported each other.. More support for her, but each deciding not to be anonymous. I hope she can take back control of her restaurant and he can tell his story.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just watched this week's episode yesterday. About halfway through, all I could think was, "Are these people the most self-absorbed characters we've ever seen on TV?"

Maggie discovers her mother has become close to the man who has her brother's heart, and instead of being glad there was some good that came from his death (he saved another person's life), all she can take from it is that her mother lied to her about how her brother died (to save her some pain)? I'm sorry. I just want to slap Maggie sometimes. And these people on TV who storm out, rather than discuss what they're upset about, it just frustrates me.

I'm still liking the show, just get frustrated with the characters sometimes.

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I agree. Maggie frustrates me, too. Especially the fact that she is a therapist. But maybe her own issues are too close to home for her to see more clearly?

I love Jason Ritter, tho, and am happy to see him again after Kevin Probably Saves the World.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Sadly, wikipedia tells me he's only on three episodes. (Apparently he's on a Netflix show called Raising Dion)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, October 20, 2019 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was pretty frustrated at first with Maggie as well but I was much more sympathetic with her feelings by the end of the episode. Her mother clearly loved her brother much more than her and constantly put him first and made Maggie feel very second rate. Even after his death, now that he no longer exists as a person here on earth, she is still putting his heart first. Maggie has also gone through a lot of trauma so I’m more than prepared to give her a break for that reason as well.

I felt sorry for the heart recipient as well, but it became clear to us and to him that Maggie was not at all upset with him.

I will say, in general, that I’m starting to find the other characters more annoying (more than Maggie and Gary), which is too bad since I liked the first season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 20, 2019 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maggie can irritate me, but considering the circumstances, for this episode, I didn't blame her much.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Maggie needs therapy. While I like Gary, he needs to learn to back off sometimes.

I think the storyline is getting a bit too contrived right now, though.

I give some of the storylines a bit of a pass because I like the actors. Love Jason Ritter, the guy who plays Gary, Eddie and Katherine. The guy who plays Eddie was in Grimm, based here in Portland. He and the Grimm crew were very involved in the local community and giving back through charitable endeavors. So, I have a soft spot for him.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, Grimm was a favorite in our house, so that's nice to hear. I also loved seeing Jason Ritter. Always gives my heart a tug, since he looks so much like his dad.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Part of the cast still return to Portland for an annual fundraiser.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think I am giving up on this show. for some unknown reason I am losing interest, have a few shows saved,

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just don't know why I keep watching this show. I really want it to work, but some nights are just too frustrating. Case in Point.... Gary and Maggie. Maggie is just all over the place. So, she wants to sing... talk to Gary about it and invite him to listen. Don't be all passive-aggressive and just leave the flyer on the table.... this woman is a therapist for gosh sakes!

Also, I have no interest in John's family and the baby. From what I see, they could drop this storyline (and that entire family) and the show would not lose anything. The 3 guys are just more interesting.... Eddie and Katherine's relationship were much better last night.

And I enjoyed the parents of Rome on their anniversary. However, Regina taking offense to the commercial... WTH? He only TOOK THAT JOB, so she could buy out the jerk who loaned her money that she ended up donating to a women's group instead of not accepting it at all.

Anyway, I see some bright spots, but I still wonder why I'm even watching it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love that Danny carries his dad's driver's license in his wallet. That's so sweet.

I was looking at some stuff in my mom's room yesterday (she's been in memory care for the past 5 years). She still has my dad's wallet, and he died in 1988. I went through it to see what he had in there. In addition to his bus pass and various ID cards, he still had his own father's (my grandfather's) chauffeur's license that expired in 1960. My grandfather died in 1958, and my dad carried that around in his wallet with him for 30 years. That's so sweet.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, November 02, 2019 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I hope Gary calls the people that lost the dog that he now has.

He can adopt the similar looking one that has been at the rescue league.

A dog that size probably wouldn't have a good chance of getting adopted.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 02, 2019 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree. I wondered back When he acquired the dog why he didn't take It to be scanned and try to find the owner. Now he knows this is someone's dog and that other dog needs him.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 02, 2019 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Babyjax.. That really is sweet. I think you should keep the collection going!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, November 02, 2019 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Keeping mementos like those is sweet.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 03, 2019 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sea and Jimmer, when I went to tell my hubby what I had found, I started to cry and had to take a couple of breaths before I could speak. I was so touched by that! My dad was only in his 30s when he lost his dad and I was too little to really understand it all, so I was so moved by his loss. And don't even get me started on my mom's family. I could write a book about them!

I also hope Gary returns the dog to his former owner and goes and adopts the other dog. That's a great idea! I hope it comes true!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I am not sure that what they did about the dogs is going to work out well.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I try not to be judgmental but I didn’t like that at all.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ridiculous, just works for tv..