TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 13, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Passage: Archive through February 13, 2019 users admin

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching this new series called The Passage?

The pilot aired Monday, January 14th on Fox.

It's based on a trilogy by Justin Cronin with his novels The Passage, The Twelve and The City of Mirrors. I did read the trilogy and really enjoyed it.

The pilot episode was pretty good and of course, it goes without saying, the books bring more depth to the storyline, but all in all good pilot and I'm looking forward to seeing what the episodes ahead bring.

EDIT: The thread title should be called The Passage. Mods if you can, please correct it, thanks so much!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What is it about?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode and really enjoyed the part with the main guy and the young girl. Not so keen on the lab stuff, so we'll have to see what kind of show this turns into, horror or drama.

Naja, there's some kind of vampire type virus that's spreading, and they have some infected in the lab and want more humans to experiment on. For some reason they've decided a particular girl is the prime specimen for their experiments, sent an agent to go and get her, but he realised how badly she would be treated and takes off with her to try to keep her safe.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 1:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That better, Eggie?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 1:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I watched and was completely underwhelmed. Hopefully, it will get a lot better than the pilot.

So far it's a good agent saving a little girl from a big bad organization.

It reminds me of half the plot of Manifest...a bad organization going after innocent civilians to experiment on them.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I felt like it jumped from 'bring us a child with no family members left so that we can experiment on them' to 'this is the one and only child we can use and we will kill everyone on the planet to get her'. Well, maybe not that extreme. :0)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It sort of reminded me of an NBC show from a few years back, where a guy was protecting a young girl with special powers. Can't remember the name, but I loved that show. This one, well, I don't like the potential 'horror' aspect of it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt! Wow, I would have never guessed anything even close to that from the name.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I think the premise is that the scientists have found something that could cure all disease, but it ALSO turns people into vampires.

So they are experimenting on prisoners to maximize the benefits while eliminating the vampire stuff?

I am always disturbed by shows that harm children... so I'm not sure if I can stick with this, but I'll watch another one to see.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I really liked it, even had a little tweet going on with Mark Paul. I loved the trilogy of books. It is not my usual genre but they were some of my very favorite books.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Kappy, that's what I didn't get. They just needed a child no one would notice was missing, and then suddenly they were obsessed with this one girl even though clearly with her face on the news people would notice she was missing.

I missed that part of it, Kar! That explains why there didn't seem to be any vampires out in the public, or any panic.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, that was the thing that upset me about dragging an innocent child into it. Experimenting on lifers was bad enough, even for a cure for all disease.

But an innocent child? So wrong.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Sea, thanks so much for the fix on the thread title!!

Lots of great discussion here.

I'll continue watching and see how Fox TV plays out the storyline of the trilogy, which again, I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I watched and enjoyed it. Always love Mark Paul G. From the promos, I don't think the little girl is going to be that helpless.

And there are BOOKS??? Oh, boy! Gonna put those on my wish list.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven’t watched the show yet but I read the book. The following is a spoiler about the ending of the book.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
The first part of the book was entertaining but then it randomly jumped years ahead into a typical teen dystopian future thing. It’s like it’s two books. The first one quarter was very good and you get invested in the characters and then ... poof! You’re suddenly jumped into the future, reading about a bunch of new people in a new situation that you don’t know or care about and for some reason the writing wasn’t nearly as good. So a lot of people (including me) liked the start but didn’t like where it went.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
What Jimmer said.. I read the first book but it went on and on, never went back.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I watched the first one, and plan to watch again tonight. Have not read the books.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, perhaps the one thing that annoys us will make this a better show, how the shows do not really follow the books, From what you said Jimmer, it almost sounds like they had a disagreement with the original author and switched to someone new.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Im sure it was one author but I agree it was very strange.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Justin Cronin is very involved in the show. It is his baby.

Also, she is just not some little girl. She is a very powerful girl, as time will tell.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 25, 2019 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was starting to get a little bored with the fugitive premise of this show. Kind of glad they finally caught up with Mark Paul and the little girl. Now we can move along with the story.

I thought the dream sequence with the other two inmates was kind of cool. They're communicating in their sleep.

Also liked how the young, blond vampire didn't touch the guy whose ID badge fell into her enclosure, because he'd been nice to her. Glad the other guy got what was coming to him.

It bothered me that Mark Paul's wife said, "Nobody here will tell me what day it is." My mom has dementia and when she wants to know what day it is, we tell her. She won't remember anyway, so what difference does it make? He could have just told his wife something like, "Oh, there's no school today. It's a holiday." Just something to ease her anxiety.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 26, 2019 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oops, just realized it wasn't Mark Paul's wife with the Alzheimers. It was the other guy, the one who was on Lost. (Looked it up. Henry Ian Cusick played Desmond on Lost.)

ETA: Henry Ian Cusick was also in The 100. I read that he's going to still be in season 6 (starts in April), so I'm unsure of his fate. My memory is getting so bad for shows that leave us hanging for months at a time!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love this show so much. I hope it's getting good ratings. I just love the way the vampires can talk to the regular people in their heads. And the little girl is amazing. I like the writing. Hope I'm not the only one out here watching this!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching this show Babyjaxmom.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 12:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I am watching. Not my usual type of show but I am hooked.