TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 01, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: A Million Little Things: Archive through March 01, 2019 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 11, 2019 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
When they went to the house of Barbara Morgan and the woman said she didn't live there anymore, afterwards we saw her husband (apparently) but not his face. They seemed to make it a point to keep his face hidden, but he did speak to her. I thought his voice sounded like Ron Livingston. It was just a sudden impression I had, but I wondered if it was Jon's twin or something.

Yep, that's going deep into daytime soaps cliché territory, but like I said, it was just an instant impression....but sometimes I'm very good with voices. I once heard a voice in an old movie from a crowd and the character was out of frame. The movie was about a high school and it was made in the mid 50s I think. The second I heard that voice, I said it sounded just like Michael Landon. I stopped the movie and looked it up but Landon was not listed in the credits online anywhere so I assumed I was wrong. Then when the movie ended, Landon's name popped up in the credits at the very end as "student" or something equally insignificant.

Anyhow, I have recognized voices in the past and have surprised myself when it turned out to be right, but I have also been 100% sure of a voice and then discovered I was absolutely 100% wrong, too.

Now I want to see the face of the man at that house!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too. Now that you have pointed it out.

It was so obvious that she was lying.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 17, 2019 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow. Just watched my recording of the last episode and I have to say that the thing that moved me the most was the "To All the Lindas We Have Lost" placard at the end of the show. My dad died of cancer in 1988. Still miss him every day.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, February 17, 2019 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
It was a very good episode. Lots of things happening.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 17, 2019 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Wasn't the actress playing Linda named Marissa, who was the actress who won Celebrity BB's first season? She had cervical cancer in real life.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 17, 2019 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Linda was played by Marissa Jaret Winokur.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 18, 2019 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So in the preview we see that Barbara Morgan is having remorse because Delilah is pregnant.. And on the phone with the Ron Livingston (taking SanFran's word on this) voice.

Also since there was a major spoiler direct from the producers in a link I posted upthread, which we have never discussed, which says no one else read it, I have worried each episode..

I think I would have still given to custody to Delilah and Gary, but have to admit that Gary just drives me crazy.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 18, 2019 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure that when Barbara Morgan is on the phone in the car at the end, she calls the person she's speaking to "Mitch." Did anyone else hear that?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 18, 2019 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Sea. I still think she should have given custody of Theo to Delilah. The fact that she had slept with her husband was irrelevant. Delilah has children near Theo's age. It would be the best place for Theo. Gary is annoying.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 18, 2019 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And it isn't like Gary wouldn't be involved..

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 18, 2019 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"And on the phone with the Ron Livingston (taking SanFran's word on this) voice."

Yikes! Please don't hold me to that! It was just a sudden feeling/reaction when I heard the faceless man in the house speak.

My reaction was just a sudden "Huh...that sounded like Ron Livingston" but I don't believe I'd bet actual money on it. For me, it's more of a "possible theory".

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 18, 2019 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have faith in your theory

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, February 18, 2019 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Ron Livingston is Jon and the man on the phone was named Mitch Nelson. The house Gary knocked on had the name Nelson out front so likely the man on the phone is the man in that house. IMDB is not showing who Mitch Nelson is in the credits so still speculation at whether it’s a twin or just similar voice.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 18, 2019 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks for telling me who Mitch was... I am very bad at names and am pretty confused by it all.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 2:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am so out of it.. I searched earlier today and had no idea that was the actor playing Jon.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
On IMDb they call Jon Jonathan ...I had to do a double take

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
When Rome was talking to "PJ" in the hospital about his script, I kept thinking, "Who is that kid? I've seen him before." I looked on IMDB. It was Chandler Riggs from TWD. I didn't recognize him without his awful hair and giant cowboy hat. He really is a good actor.

And speaking of good acting, the little boy who plays Katherine and Eddie's son was really good in this episode. When his mom was telling him that he had hurt her feelings, he actually squeezed out a real tear! That takes some talent! I was impressed.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Great catch Babyjaxmom! When I watched that scene the guy that Chandler Riggs played didn't even look vaguely familiar to me! And I have watched TWD from the start (first alone and then rewatched each episode with a friend).

I rewatched that scene on A Million little Things just now and he really does look different. I don't think it was just the hat and hair. His face looks fuller and he looked older and he had a slight 5 o'clock shadow, which I never saw on Riggs before. Also the fact that he was in vivid color as opposed to the standard TWD's washed out grayish hue...made him look more alive (no pun intended).

Or maybe it was just that he got to ditch that look of quiet desperation and constant struggle that he had on his face in every single scene on TWD! :-)

I wonder if that character will recur. He's a really good actor, something I never really appreciated until now when I see him doing a different role so well I didn't recognize him at all. His resume and popularity should garner him more than a single 2 minute bit on one episode of AMLT.

Thanks for pointing him out!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My pleasure, SFJF! You're always sharing so many insights with the rest of us. I'm pleased I was able to enlighten you for once!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Mission accomplished. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So we are closer to the Barbara Morgan reveal..

Gary once again makes me crazy..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me too. He's pretty darn annoying. I just wanted him to apologize to Patricia and say he was sorry he overreacted, but he was worried about her daughter. Why can't people on TV ever say they're sorry?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, that was different.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Really.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, March 01, 2019 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Never expected that.