TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 10, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: THE GRAMMY's: Archive through February 10, 2019 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, no thread!! If you don't really like award shows the music is fabulous.

If you don't watch anything else of the show, don't miss the opening number! Havana, with a bunch of other people in the performance, can't remember the names but one was Ricky.

Then there were 4 women who joined Alicia Keys... Lady Gaga, Jenifer Lopez, someone I couldn't place and then.... Michele Obama. It was a really nice but did drag a little bit.

I don't really watch the award part, but another really good performance was "The Way I feel", I think that was the name of it, loved it and it made me dance around the house.

I am not a big music person but so far I have loved all the music and performances. Well except this one where they guy just took his shirt off, LOL, don't know why men feel compelled to do this, hahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The show repeats at 8pm (or somewhere around there if they end on time).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They doing a tribute to Diana Ross and Dolly Parton at some time tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, this commercial for Aladdin makes the movie look really fabulous, I think I will put it on my calendar to catch it in the theater, 5/19.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh I forgot, Miley did a song with a guy (I didn' know him but he was excellent) earlier that was really fun in catchy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This Dolly Parton segment is like seeing her in concert with others joining her. LOL, everyone joining in with her songs.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ahhh, Alicia finally changed into a better outfit, the first one was ok, but this one is better.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I need some subtitles, I think Alicia just said this woman's name was HER.

Don't know who it is but she has a good voice.

I did a little research and it might have been Janelle Monae, nope she did the other song I really liked "Make me Feel"

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, maybe that is her name, her performance was excellent!!! ...
Kadie @iamkadiee
17s17 seconds ago
More
Yessssss @HERMusicx 😍😍😍😍 #Grammys2019 #grammys #fav

M e g . @_m3gmac
30s30 seconds ago
More
H.E.R.’s performance was everything! Her outfit, voice and guitar were 🔥 #Grammys2019

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, at least I know who this is, Cardi B, up next.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I must say the production on almost all of the musical numbers is something else, excellent sets, unbelievable dancers, and usually good music.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This Alicia Keys segment singing fabulous songs!!!

She really does have an amazing voice, just did "Unforgettable".

Geeze, she is playing two different pianos!

She is playing and singing songs that she says she wishes she wrote.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, she is doing New York, everyone is really enjoying this including me!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Now Dan and Shay perform (I don't know them) but they seem to be good.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Miley first sang with Shaun Mendes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kookliebird, I am the worst at knowing who any of these people are, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Next up is Diana Ross....

And they just said they are going to do a tribute to 60 years of Motown, that should be excellent.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, this is me.... to my cats.... they don't know either...
Aisha Tyler Verified account @aishatyler
3m3 minutes ago
More
I highly recommend watching the #Grammys with your mother. She keeps asking “who is that?”

And then I have to answer honestly, “I have no idea.”

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Diana Ross's grandson was darling, and Man on Man, is that a DRESS, Miss Ross is wearing!

She does look fabulous.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Loving the show so far! The only down was Katy Perry in the Dolly Parton tribute..what the heck??

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Next is Lady Gaga.

Texannie, LOL, I couldn't figure out who it was and I usually recognize Katy Perry but she was out of context with Dolly Parton.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, this seems a little over the top, acting-wise, and this song always sounds whiny too me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, Katy seemed out of place. Maybe there is some connection?

Miley of course is Dolly's Goddaughter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, excellent Motown is up next.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear this is like being at a concert (when you skip the award stuff).

SMOKY ROBINSON!!!! And ALICA, Accapella!!!!

We are going Dancing in the streets!!