TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Golden Globes 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Golden Globes 2019 users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 06, 2019Dipo25 01-06-19  7:42 pm
Archive through January 06, 2019Dipo25 01-06-19  9:18 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Crap, I thought it was over, guess there were a couple more awards.

Daytime Emmy Awards Verified account @DaytimeEmmys
12s12 seconds ago
More
Congrats 2 @BoRhapMovie on your #GoldenGlobes win

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I set it to record at 5 and at 8.. I figured it would go over and it certainly did.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Thank you Dipo!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 2:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Glenn Close won for The Wife? I saw that movie, and I did not like it at all. A lot had to do with who the producers picked to play the husband. I could not get over my disbelief that she would stay married to such a schmuck. I couldn't wait for the movie to be over.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The only part I happened to see what the tribute to Carol Burnett and her speech...it brought back so many great memories and that Scarlett O'Hara scene still makes me laugh!

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I was very happy that Rami Malek won, he so deserved it! and I was pretty surprised that Lady Gaga didn't get it for her category. That was a big upset.

Jamie Lee Curtis is one of my all time favourite ladies but I have to admit I was shocked at her white hair. She looks amazing but it was still a shock

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
I was glad to see that "Roma" got recognition (Best Director and Best Foreign Film). I watched this on Netflix a couple of weeks ago, it's such a lovely film.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Dipo ~ Thank you for taking the time to post all the winners last night! That was quite a feat!

Loved the two hosts and thought they did a good job. Congrats to Sandra Oh!

Jamie Lee Curtis usually has bangs. I like her with bangs better but love that she embraced the white hair and was so regal in how she wore it!

Carol Burnett is officially my hero! What a national treasure not just for her talent but for the graciousness she exudes.

Christian Bale is just an incredible actor. It took me years to like him because I was so disturbed by American Psycho but then I realized that's just how good he is. I still think American Hustle should have taken all awards back in the day.

Looking forward to seeing some of the movies like Bohemian Rhapsody, The Green Book, A Star is Born and The Favourite.

Congrats to The Americans. The show deserved to win!!

My only complaint is that some of the acceptance speeches were not just long, they didn't appear to be thought out at all. It's like the person couldn't think of what to say but they also couldn't stand to give up their camera time, LOL! But as Tyler Perry said, yes, alot of these people are as drunk as they look (or something to that affect).

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Katycat, thanks for the heads up that Roma is on Netflix! I had never heard of it before until I saw a commercial for it on tv last week. I was looking to see if it was playing at any of the theaters near me. Now I can stop looking. :-)

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
I just stumbled upon it on Netflix. I don't usually like to watch movies with subtitles, but it really is a quiet, lovely film. I hope you enjoy it!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kappy, the speeches might have been long and odd because they all had been drinking, hahahahaha.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
It usually takes a LOT to make me uncomfortable, but the wisecrack that Sandra Oh threw at the three "This is Us" cast members (just before they came out on stage to present an award) was really, really in poor taste:

Said Ms. Oh:
“Break out the tissues because you’ll want to masturbate to them.”

Yuck. Or am I being too sensitive?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Honestly I find it in poor taste and I didn't even hear or see it. And I love Sandra Oh.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I was happy to see Rami Malek win Best Actor for his portrayal of Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody and also to see Best Picture go to Bohemian Rhapsody.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen it but my DD loved Bohemian Rhapsody. She was familiar with Queen before that but she was never a huge fan so I was a little surprised she went to see it in the first place and that she enjoyed it so much.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, Uncle ricky, I agree that is awful... I was flipping between globes and murder shows so I missed that, thank goodness.

It's not even funny.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Guess the big news is that most people didn't realize that Christian Bale has a British accent. That, I remembered. He was awesome in vice... and yes, I thought his comment about satan was spot on.... never once did I see Christian Bale in his Cheney portrayal... I saw Cheney only.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Wow Kooklie. Bales then did an awesome job portraying Cheney.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
yes I also thought that SAndra Oh joke was awful and I don't think it went over very well with the audience.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And was handled with grace by Chrissy and the guys.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Though both Andy Samberg and Sandra Oh are very likeable people, I thought they did a terrible job of hosting. Most of their jokes fell flat, either in poor taste (I agree about the masterbating joke) or just weren't funny.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that joke was in poor taste and fell flat as did most of their "humor" and hosting.

However, I also think that it's becoming increasingly difficult to host these award shows in any sort of entertaining manner. As these hosts demonstrated, both intentionally and unintentionally.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I guess.. But I can't remember any awards show introductions that included masturbation references. And it just have been on the Tele Prompter..

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: