TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 10, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: A Million Little Things: Archive through November 10, 2018 users admin

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
I never said it was not endearing. It was just a question upon many questions I had. Sorry if it was offensive.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Zgoodgirl, I don't think anyone was offended by your question. I just thought the kid told Shawn/Gary (), cause he was finally ready to tell someone. He may have just figured it out himself or finally felt sure enough and safe enough to tell someone.

Kids these days are so much more open and accepting than when I was young. We whispered about "gay people," but it wasn't part of our world (that we knew of). Now schools have Gay/Straight alliances. Two of my teenage son's best friends are a transgender boy and a lesbian. To him that's no big deal and perfectly normal. I love that.

I realize it's still far from a perfect world, but we've come a long ways.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Didn't mean to confuse anyone by mentioning Shawn from Psych. His name on this show is Gary"

Thank you for the info. :-)

"I never said it was not endearing. It was just a question upon many questions I had. Sorry if it was offensive."

Zgoodgirl, I didn't meant to imply that you said it wasn't endearing. I was just answering your question and I didn't find it offensive at all. I was sharing my view of those scenes which were very relatable to me because I've known I was gay since I was about that boy's age.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I, too am questioning why Ashley hid the letter, and what she's up to.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes.. She had his passwords. Heck, she could have written his emails.. Probably not, but possible.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I still think that Ashley is up to something. Again, when the ladies arrived to go through his office, she hid what she was working on. "The Subway project is back on". I can't remember what the "Subway project" was but recall him talking about that in an earlier episode. IMO..No one leaves that detailed of instructions after a suicide unless they want to get back at people or they are way too controlling.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ashley was also having a highly suspicious conversation on the phone about selling something. Do not trust her.

I thought it was a bit much that the guys seemed to think an affair with a music student's mother was ok until it was their friend's wife. And what about his wife?

What a mess.

Sort of an incestuous group.. So enmeshed that they just arrive at the doorstep..

Typical of this sort of tv show..

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched this show, but the premise reminds me of an old movie...but I can't remember the name. It was about a friend, Alex (played by a never seen Kevin Costner) who commits suicide and all his friends gather for the funeral. All the big 80s stars were in it and the music was amazing. Does anybody else remember that? Why can I remember the guy's name who committed suicide but not the name of the movie?

SO I googled and it is The Big Chill. DUH!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I did see that movie.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My sister played the soundtrack over and over again since it was music from "her" time.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
We loved the Big Chill!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This show has totally reminded me of The Big Chill ever since I saw the first commercial. Great soundtrack!!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Just deleted it from my pvr. Boring and depressing.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Last night's episode seemed to wrap up the issue with one guy sleeping with another's wife pretty quickly. If anything, that's my pet peeve about the storyline.... they wrap issues up faster than what would happen in real life. Oh, and the psychologist abandoning breast cancer treatment... nuts...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They are so enmeshed.. But the therapist is just folded right in as if she has been there for years.

Some of them are annoying me already. Most of them, actually.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Annoying me too. I've quit the show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
More Gerald McRaney, please! My mother has dementia, so I can relate. She barely talks anymore, except to comment on the sky or the color of the trees or to read car badging/license plates.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes one bright spot, and the kids..

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
More and more complications.

Questions answered:

A pregnancy. Who is or isn't the father.

Will she go through with an abortion.

Questions not answered:

What is the secretary hiding?

Whose bills fell out of the mailbox? The secretary seemed to be surprised about them.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I think Delilah admitted at the end that the baby is Eddie's, but she can't say that to everyone else because it would hurt too many people.

And she went for the abortion in this past epsode, but then decided she couldn't do it. Are you an episode behind?

But the mailbox thing! I can't figure out if the secretary is a good person or evil. She's definitely holding onto some secrets that would piss Delilah off (as we saw in the fantasy sequence). I wonder what's in that blue folder???

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
we know the secretary knew a lot more about Eli as many secretaries do.
apparently he rented an apartment )for clients or for play time?) and apparently he mortgaged the house as past due was printed on the several of the envelopes. seems like they might broke.
there is also the good bye letter she withheld for no known reason yet.

I am sorry this show is losing me, I like several of the actors, but it is like crisis city here.
for full disclosure I bailed on this is us as well, another ensemble show. I just felt it was stretching logic to manipulate me emotionally. it was too much and I lost interest, this show seems to be going there as well. maybe I just don't like these kinds of shows, I enjoy a lot of garbage shows that I laugh at the obvious manipulations and contradictions.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Babyjaxmom.

I knew about who the father is and what happened about the abortion. (I put them under 'questions answered')

I still have to think about who is married to whom during all the action.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am still in the fence but is there not a single character with the ability to not pry into things and not blurt out their thoughts in front of everyone?

Each week there are more people who butt in..

So far we have a person pregnant by her lover with a plan to say it was the child of her dead husband. He clearly had major issues, especially with money, which will rock his children and straying wife.

We have another guy who almost offer himself but then left his suicide note for his wife to find, which she does in the future per previews. he quit his job. She thinks she is opening a restaurant, but finances are questionable. He mother wants to control that venture and interfere with other choices. The couple is not on the same page about possible parenthood.

The lover of the pregnant character is attempting to resurrect a career just when he and his wife have separated, he has a child with needs and a secret child on the way.

The guy who is there for everyone is also newly involved with a woman who is giving up on cancer treatment. He is the rock, but is also not good at self restraint or keeping secrets.

Then we have the Secretary who has many secrets..

Sigh.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
OK, I am confused. Maggie (that’s her name right?) has breast cancer. Does her not having chemo cause bruising? I can understand the sores, bruising with HIV, but breast cancer??

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This is not about Maggie, but about the Blue Envelope.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2461115/a-million-little-things-when-ashleys-blue-folder-mystery-will-get-some-answers