TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Murphy Brown

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Murphy Brown users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It looks like Charles Kimbrough / character Jim Dial isn't returning. The last acting he did was in 2012.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The news articles say he will return for a multi-episode arc.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    

Thanks, Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You're welcome :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
great news!!

Jmm

08-15-2002

Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I watched the first 3 episodes tonight, it was cute. I really enjoyed seeing all the old cast but I don't think that Corky (Faith Ford) has aged at all.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I only watched the first episode, but I also was amazed that Corky is the same age, while the others are all a lot older.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I couldn't believe it, Juju. Dra and I were just amazed that she hadn't seemed to have aged. That's some good genes there, for sure.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think there is also some digital enhancements. I think they do the same to the Designing woman star thats on Young sheldon. Love her!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think the woman who plays Corkey was very young in the original show, women can stay preserved for quite a while, Until I hit 60 people would think I was decades younger than I was, some how at 60 I started to deteriorate, and at 70, the skin went really fast.

after a little research she was born in 1964, so she is now 54.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Did a little more research, Faith Ford was only 24 when Murphy Brown started. So she was considerably younger than her character was.

Rhodarobin

06-25-2014

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rhodarobin a private message Print Post    
I love the dialog and relationship between Murphy and Avery.
I seem to remember the actor playing Avery from something else, I just can't quite place it.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
He was on a show we used to watch a couple of years ago called Limitless. It was good, but got cancelled like everything else I like on tv....lol

Rhodarobin

06-25-2014

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rhodarobin a private message Print Post    
Yep. That's it. Limitless. I liked that show, too.

Thanks!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
That was part of the shtick of the first show...how Corkie was so young and inexperienced.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought her and Miles became a couple

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
They did later.. not sure what happened with that. Hmmmm

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Miles and Corky divorced during the original run of the show.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
According to Wiki, "Corky does mature and acquires a fair amount of worldliness over the years, not the least of which comes courtesy of her marriage to high school classmate and writer Will Forest (during which she humorously and with apparent naiveté amends her on-air surname to become the Robin Hood-esque Corky Sherwood-Forest), subsequent divorce, and later elopement with Silverberg, immediately after which the couple has second thoughts––even before consummating the relationship––and decides they should "first" date (despite already being married to one another), eventually separating on good terms."

Link with some memory refreshing information.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ty for the info!

Starr

07-09-2005

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I forgot already - who leaked the story? Was it VAL?

Spear

08-05-2001

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Yes

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, October 28, 2018 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Thanks Spear. That should teach me to watch while I'm tired (but it doesn't)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 02, 2018 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow. Just finished watching the show about Election Night. The ending was very well played. They all seemed stunned, but we don't know why. I guess they didn't want to call it either way, since we were still 5 days out at the time it aired.

Fun to see Peter Gallagher. I think he's had his crazy eyebrows trimmed!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 02, 2018 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
From the moment I realized this ep was about next week's mid term elections, I assumed it would be a cliffhanger.

Now I'm wondering if they made two episodes for next week so they can just use the one that works, depending on how the election turns out.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 02, 2018 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I just checked IMDB.COM and they only 7 episodes listed, the last one being next week's ep, but Wikipedia shows that there will be a total of 13 episodes.

I'm speculating that maybe they're going on hiatus for the holidays or something. That would give them some wiggle room time to tweak upcoming episodes depending on the election results.

Of course, Trump will still be in the WH after the mid terms so it might not make much difference. The best thing about Trump is the material that comedy shows get from his bizarre real life words and actions.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The ending of this week's episode brought me to tears. The character of Murphy Brown was crying to as she delivered her lines. I wonder if that was a little of Candace Bergen's feelings peeking through there. It was very touching.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, since this is the one comedy being filmed in NYC, I see it is on hiatus and no show is scheduled for the next 30 days, so not sure when it will film again or if there will be more shows this year.

http://www.tvtickets.com/fmi/shows/browserecord.php?&show=Murphy%20Brown

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 26, 2018 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My DVR and IMDB.com both show another episode scheduled to air on Thurs., Nov. 29th. There are only 10 episodes scheduled this season. Not sure it will continue after that. I've been enjoying it, but don't think it's gotten stellar ratings.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094514/

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 26, 2018 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There is also a new episode, (it will be episode #11), on Dec 6. It's titled "The Wheels on the Dog Go Round and Round". In it, Murphy gets a disabled dog!

There are photos of him on this page. He's adorable. And he's disabled in real life.

https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/19/murphy-brown-adds-dog-cast/

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 26, 2018 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Correction: Imdb.com shows 12 episodes for this season.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: