TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 01, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Conners Roseanne--the Return: Archive through June 01, 2018 users admin

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I certainly noticed the new Becky. I could never warm up to her.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Biloxi, have you checked out Youtube? They have episodes on there.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
John Goodman

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/30/john-goodman-gives-first-reaction-to-roseanne-cancellation.html

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
Yes, for some reason she doesn't like youtube.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Have you tried streaming youtube through your television screen? Would that work?

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
That's a good idea. I will try that in the morning. Thanks

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Biloxie, I would quickly check eBay for those dvds, maybe see if someone local is selling or giving them on nextdoor, Craigslist etc.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Rosanne should be re-instated and the show continue.

Samantha keeps her job so why shouldn't Rosanne.

Bring her back!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Biloxi, has she ever seen The Lucy Show?

I don't remember a Samantha on the Rosanne show but did you know that 'whataboutism' is real and it's a known Russian propaganda tool?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Rosie was referring to this Samantha.

Link

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Roseanne will be just find back on the nut farm in Hawaii.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I know nothing about Samantha, but was online today that she lost a sponsor.

Tom Arnold is speaking out, says this wasn't a one time slur from her.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 2:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
why does Roseanne lose her job and Samatha keep hers?
;ets see, Roseanne was family entertainment, Samantha Bee is for adults. one is on ABC one is on Cable. One person had to be pushed to apologize for one tweet, did not apologize for the other two of the day never apologized for the crap she has been posting for years. the other apologized completely and quickly

one needs some serious help. the other can work.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
Roseanne is whining that she is begging for ABC not to cancel her show amidst a battle with bronchitis, yet the photos show her smoking!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5792869/Roseanne-apologizes-stars-seen-time-sinc-eshow-cancelled.html

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, there's more to it. Samantha said something crass. Roseanne said something so deeply racist. Yes, one is worse than the other. And for anyone who may not know, it's the racism that is worse. Much worse.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Dan, Jackie, & Darlene were always my 3 fav characters in the initial series & I found this was still the case in the new series.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm always in the minority Here, but dare I say, I'm not a Jackie fan. She gets lots of kudos but I think she ( the actress) over acts the role.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep, I find a big difference in being crude and rude with Samantha's comment versus racist with Rosanne.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It makes me really sad that so many Americans still refuse to see the difference between something you disagree with and something that is racist and disparages an entire group of people.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I have a idea to save the show. The new season could start with the idea that Roseanne is in the hospital for her knee surgery and, woopsie, she dies. The show could go on and all those people will get their jobs back.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Hi Lakecat.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I'm somewhat in agreement with you. When the show first started Jackie was fun, confident and independent. They evolved her character to be needy, insecure, whiney and depressing. Shes to dependent on her sister's approval. I miss the old Jackie.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OG, that is being suggested by many people! People in and out of the business.

Some celeb suggested just a show with Darlene's kids.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think the issue is that Roseanne Barr actually owns the show so it presents problems.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
I 1000% percent disagree with what Rosanne wrote and I do think it is completely racist.

That said, I would be shocked to find out Rosanne is a racist. I never got that vibe from her until this last year or so. I personally think she is very ill

I am going to stop clicking on any links to her stories. I honestly feel I am watching the Charlie Sheen meltdown. I want this to stop being a left right issue. I don't want my click to count as interest. I want this to fade and Rosanne to get the help she needs.

I owe her at least that for the many, many years she has entertained my daughter.