TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Dietland

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Dietland users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I loved it! As someone who has spent most of her adult life feeling "not the right size" (except for a brief period in my 40s when I was too depressed to eat and got really skinny--temporarily), I loved the idea of throwing all the diets out the window and loving yourself. You don't have to be a size 2 to be beautiful. All the beauty magazines and TV commercials have us believing that we need to buy whatever they're selling to be beautiful. It's about women's empowerment. Plus there's a murder mystery thrown in for spice. I enjoyed it. Am I the only one?

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Where and when is this on?

Eroica

07-28-2005

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Loved it. AMC 9pm Monday night.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So glad you started this thread. I was very intrigued by the show and enjoyed it thoroughly. I posted in the random discussions about it.

They also have a talk show afterward called "Unapologetic", Aisha Tyler hosts it and they had the producer and a couple of the actresses on, it was very good as well.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I don't have cable. Does AMC stream? For how much? I'd be interested in Dietland except -- I don't like Julianna Margulies.

Rhodarobin

06-25-2014

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rhodarobin a private message Print Post    
Loved it! Plus I learned to match my blusher to my nipple color! I can't be the only one who looked under my shirt after that gem was shared. lol

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Who even knew that was a thing! Lol.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I loved it, too. The added treat for me was seeing Tamara Tunie playing such a flamboyant character as the doyenne of the basement “Beauty Closet” - especially after all those years she spent playing super serious roles like Jessica on ATWT and Medical Examiner Warner on L&O:SVU. 👍

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
https://www.amc.com/shows/dietland/full-episodes/season-01/episode-01/episodes-1-2

watch online

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Is this scripted or a documentary? I've got it set to record.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It is scripted but I believe they said on the talk show that it was developed from a book. I don't remember if the book was a true story or not.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There is definitely a book.

It is fiction.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I gave up on it because of all the crude language. That does not entertain me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
You must be very sensitive, OG. I didn't notice any "crude language."

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
One of the men called women pu---es.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
Wasn't crazy about this show. I like the premise of it, but didn't find the show itself very good. Probably will not continue to watch.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, June 08, 2018 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was looking forward to Dietland and am disappointed. Most of the characters are caricatures at least at this point. I don't care for the poorly drawn cartoons or how they pull away from the "story" vs add to it.
I find vigilantes abhorrent.
I did fall asleep during parts, a combination of being tired and bored by the show. I may give it another episode but so far I am unimpressed.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 08, 2018 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode last night and I do not feel compelled to watch again.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
When will the next episode be shown?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tomorrow (Monday) night is the first airing of the second episode. 9pm here.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
it is on demand already.

Starr

07-09-2005

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
There is also Unapologetic - the after show with Aisha Tyler. (maybe it has its own thread?) She and a panel discuss the Dietland episode and other women's issues. I was disappointed to hear that she's on a mission to "normalize" the C word. At least for women calling other women the c word. Ummm, call me a prude, but no thanks! I would be curious if she's okay with men calling women the c word. If not, that's sexist, no?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just hate seeing women getting courser and courser in their language. Hell and damn are about as far as I ever go.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
With all the causes one could get behind, normalizing the C word would be at just about the bottom of my list.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I didnt think the cartoons added anything to the show and I agree with Sugar that they are distracting.

I'm on the fence but will watch one more ep.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You outlasted me, Pamy.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I'm on the fence too and agree the cartoon is a distraction.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, June 15, 2018 - 2:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Colordeagua, the cheapest way to watch cable channels is $16 for 40 channels incl -
AMC A&E FYI GSN IFC MTV TLC etc

streaming service - Philo
https://try.philo.com/#pricing

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
On the fence as well. Will try episode three.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am done after 2 episodes. Very disappointing.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
loved the first episode, the second not so much. third is on the pvr. will see how it goes

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I didnt make it all the way thru the 2nd ep. deleted the series. It looked so good in the previews, I really wanted to like it!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode, deleted the second, and the series

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, June 25, 2018 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am out..it got silly for me and now onto Big Brother. I watch too much tv anyway.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: