TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 02, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 02, 2018 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 27, 2018 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I really wished we'd have a counter like The Five, on mainstream TV."

TV is all about the money it brings in from advertisers. I think The View gets around 2.6 to 3,000,000 viewers. The Five gets around 500,000 viewers.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, April 27, 2018 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
They both make sense Naja and SFJF. The Views audience aligns with liberal ideals, so more liberals watch the show. I know I stopped watching when there were a couple of weak conservatives used as the token and I'm sure others did too. Hence, McCain getting more negative tweets. SFJF the viewership will be much less on a cable station.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 27, 2018 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The Views audience aligns with liberal ideals, so more liberals watch the show."

But if there was a profitable market for a FOX "news" type talk show on broadcast TV, there would likely already be one airing.

Broadcast shows makes money based on the number of viewers - the more viewers, the more valuable their air time is to advertisers and the higher they can charge for that commercial air time.

Why do you think there's not a show like The Five on broadcast TV?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, April 27, 2018 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I do think there could easily be a show like The View but with several conservative hosts and one liberal host. Or a talk show like Colberts but with a conservative host. Believe me, middle America is hungry for it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 27, 2018 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Believe me, middle America is hungry for it."

Supply and Demand.

If there really was a demand for it, it would make money and someone would supply it. That's basic economics.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 27, 2018 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Fox has a broadcast network of tv stations! They could do one, and they would if it would sell.

Fact is, Fox News Sunday does not do well against the other network news shows. For a reason.

That's why they don't do a daily one. The daily show demographic is moms. And women are by and large more liberal.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 27, 2018 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If a conservative equivalent of The View were on a major network channel, I couldn't even imagine how hard it would be to get celebrity guests. And the first time they they started spouting about being against gay marriage, or that it was the black guys own fault he got shot in the back, etc, the amount of sponsor boycotts would be through the roof.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 27, 2018 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the real is on FOX. what is that?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 27, 2018 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here's a sample of it, Sadiesmom.

It kind of looks like The Talk but with younger hosts. Don't know if it's leans political or not.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealDaytime

Here's the wiki description:

wiki link

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The Real is four black women, not exactly the conservative demographic. It is more like The View because it covers some current events and politics, but also a wide variety of subjects of interest to younger women.

As a syndicated show, it doesn't have as wide a distribution as The View, in fact, it's market distribution has gone down since it started in 2013.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I really never hear anti gay marriage remarks on Fox Naja so it's possible to have several conservative women that think the same way as McCain. However it works for MSNBC and Joy Reid who is a homophobe.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
She's not a homophobe. She was uneducated about how to speak about gay people. Like many, her position has evolved as she has learned more about gays.

However, that has nothing to do with The View, so that conversation cannot continue in this thread. You may feel free to post about it in News & Views.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lakecat. I think you must be thinking of someone else. I never mentioned Fox news.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Naja, I think she was addressing your point about homophobic remarks, saying that she watches many conservatives on Fox and doesn't see those kinds of things.

That said, this is a conversation more appropriate for News & Views.

Or we will need to move The View thread there permanently, if people continue to discuss politics, and not The View.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
homophobia and ignorance can over lap and can change,
ON a Caly board, one woman came back to post how she regretted her statements when he came out (really bad stuff then) she said when she heard Obama come out with his statements she looked aback at what she had been taught in her church and realized it was wrong. She was wrong, and she had changed her opinion. It was one of the best ever case of someone redefining themselves. I had always liked her and was sorry that she felt that way, and she proved she could learn.

but that is for another thread
I know that Megan has tons of gay friends and it is in her twitter all over the place.

06-29-2002

Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Posts about anyone other than those on The View will be removed. As noted above, continue discussion about News shows and their hosts in News and Views.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Seriously, Meghan needs to take time off. I keep giving her the benefit of the doubt because of her dad's illness but lately I'm beginning to wonder. After her interruptions and attacks today, maybe she needs to go back to Fox and never leave. The only difference between her snowflakes and mine are that hers are all red from gunshots.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
She sure gave the trio a reality check today on Trumps approval ratings. I think it may seem like she interjects and attacks bc it's one against three and bc you don't agree with her. I think she holds her own and does it effectively and respectfully.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Meghan did a good job today.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I have to agree with you about Meghan. I wish they would let her finish a thought because I would like to get a different view. Hence the name of the show.

It gets frustrating. Let her finish and then they can argue about it.

Eta- fyi, I didn't watch the show today.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It is tough when it's three against one (or even more than that). The "one" with the opposing view has to be three times as vocal to get their view across.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Some republicans like Ana Navarro have done well. I think it might be good to add her to the group so that there are two people on that side.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think having two would be helpful because at least that way they could support each other and appear less strident.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
that side?

It should be balanced.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Well, I think that they all have differing views on various subjects. Sara Haines does not have a particular political affiliation and she has been raised in a conservative family and believes in conservative values. Paula Faris are republican slanting and has been invited to their convention.