TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 23, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Westworld (HBO): Archive through November 23, 2016 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch? It was kind of dark...

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched it and liked it. It was a little confusing at first trying to figure out which were the real people.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It was, especially when all the shooting started!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen it yet but I have it recorded and I'm looking forward to watching it! When you say it was dark do you mean visually or the story?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
DH and I just got around to watching the premiere. I kind of loved it. I remember the movie from back in the 70s.

Jimmer, it was a dark storyline. People pay big bucks to come and play cowboy for a few days, but some of them get into the really dark side of doing whatever they want and living out their evil fantasies.

I thought the acting was really good. They guy who played Delores' dad was outstanding. I loved how when they were sending him into cold storage, he had tears in his eyes.

I was surprised so many of the big stars are robots (James Marsden, Thandie Newton, Evan Rachel Wood). The update is causing them to "learn." At the end, just before they sent Delores back into her storyline, they asked her if she would ever harm a living thing, and of course she said no. But then she went and killed that fly! Ruh roh.

I've always loved Ed Harris, but he's truly evil in this show. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Oh, and I loved that the yahoo who "shot" the bandit was the DA from Murder in the First. Very cool.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Favorite new show. HBO scores again.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby wasn't a fan of the gratuitous sex and nudity, but I told him that's just HBO. They like to push the boundaries, cause they can. His head would explode if he ever watched GOT with me!

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I loved that the yahoo who "shot" the bandit was the DA from Murder in the First. Very cool.

that was awesome! LOL

I love this show, and the music is fantastic!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I like it better after seeing the second episode. It's very intriguing.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's compelling. I don't think I would want to go there on vacation. Not for me.

I was reading People magazine this morning at the hairdressers (only place I ever get to read People anymore) and saw that the guy who was the technician looking for the "stray" in the last episode was Luke Hemsworth, the eldest Hemsworth brother (as in Chris and Liam). Wow! Lots of interesting casting on this show. It's becoming my guilty pleasure.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
At first I thought Ed Harris' character was just an evil person looking to bring down the company. But now I see he is just a rich person (although still a jerk) on a big adventure he pays a LOT for. That whole puzzle thing he is onto is a game made for him. As long as he wants to pay, the deeper they will make the puzzle for him.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I just keep wondering who is real and who isn't beyond what they've told us so far. Like Bernard - Could he be a creation made to work on the hosts?

I hate seeing Ed Harris play a villain but he does it so well!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I sometimes wonder if Anthony Hopkins is real or machine (or part machine). The way he can just freeze all the hosts (even the snake hosts) at will without even using a voice command seems to be a bit beyond the realm of a human being.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
For anyone who watched Person of Interest, is he like Root?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, your question confused me.

Are you asking about Ed Harris's character or Anthony Hopkins's character or the character named Bernard?

And what do you mean when you ask "is he like"? Do you mean is he "like Root was a computer genius", or "like Root was a hacker" or "like Root had a personal relationship with the Machine"?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Antony Hopkins' character. I think he might be the all seeing all knowing heart of the machine, a bit like Root when (Person of Interest Spoilers ahead) Amy Acker died and the Machine kind of took her over.

Or... I could just be revealing how little attention I paid to the last few seasons of Person of Interest.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I get that vibe too, Kitt. Because like Sanfran said, it seems like he can turn the hosts off and on with just a thought.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 1:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Amy Acker died and the Machine kind of took her over. "

It makes perfect sense now...I had totally forgotten that Root died and was kinda/sorta "reborn" into a digital version of herself inside the Machine! Duh.

That does kind of fit how I was feeling about the Anthony Hopkins character even though I didn't have it sorted as succinctly as you did.

I was thinking that he was somehow a man with an as-yet-unrevealed connection to the computer "brain" that controlled the hosts, but now that you bring up Root, I see that he could just as easily be a host that was "reborn" as its own maker. And maybe his mysterious "partner" who died was really the real-life version of himself! (Or should that be "itself"?) :-)

Hey, maybe no one in the park is real! I could imagine a world that was destroyed by some kind of bio-weapon that killed the people but didn't destroy the world and left all the machines intact so that the only "people" left were these hosts who continued on....even making host-tourists that the park was meant to cater to.

One step for host, a giant leap for hostkind...:-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I keep wondering if they're making references to the movie from the 70's and if I should go back and watch that movie (it's only been about 40 years, I should be able to remember it, right?). I love that they've shown a couple of photos of Anthony Hopkins when he was younger, so I don't think he's a robot. They also showed pics of his "partner."

Does anybody else remember or have you seen the original movie?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I love that they've shown a couple of photos of Anthony Hopkins when he was younger, so I don't think he's a robot. They also showed pics of his "partner." "

The man could have been replaced by a host at any stage of his life and been constructed to look any age his maker wanted him to.

In any case, it would be easy to change the face of a host, though. They get shot up and damaged all the time and then they're immediately mended...they could just use a different face if they wanted to. They have already changed the host that was portraying the father of Dolores.

I'm not saying that any of this is actually happening....just pointing out that there are endless possibilities for what could be happening. It could also end up like the movie...the hosts just got smarter and started to remember and then decided to fight back.

There's just something about this show that makes me feel like there's a lot ore going on than what meets the eye.

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of the hosts being in charge...it's sort of like movies I've seen where the patients are running the asylum.

Didn't they mention once that some of the hosts had been killed "thousands of times"? That begs the question, just how long has this park been running anyhow?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Didn't the Man in Black (Ed Harris) say he's been coming to this park for 30 years?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I remember him saying something like that but I didn't remember the "30 years" time frame.

I've been throwing out all kinds of possibilities because it just looks a lot deeper than what we've seen, but I have to be careful. If I start to overthink it, I'll get mired down in a lot of details that may mean nothing but can easily distract me from the surprises!

I did that with Mr Robot...I got so involved in trying to figure it out, I forgot to just enjoy the ride.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
If I start to overthink it, I'll get mired down in a lot of details that may mean nothing but can easily distract me from the surprises!

Yes, SFJF, and you'll take the rest of us with you!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
So when Delores came out dressed as a cowgirl instead of in her usual blue dress, did anyone else make a possible connection to the woman with the snake tattoos? Like that could be her in the future?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, Westworld watchers. What just happened?