TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 04, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Conners Roseanne--the Return: Archive through April 04, 2018 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, she had a big blond baby toward the end of the series (season 8)and she named him Jerry Garcia.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/roseanne-reboot-renewed-season/story?id=54130033

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja!

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
the ratings are huge and still growing for this show.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL - did Roseanne's son decide to try life on Deadliest Catch? Hilarious.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I read little Marks teacher was the same actress that played Darlenes teacher in the first episode of the old Roseann. Just a bit of trivia.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
bumping for tonight's show

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont know why Trump wants to take credit for this show. They are showing both sides of the political coin since Jackie is a democrat. Even Rosie showed she isnt full on Republican because will support her grandson no matter what his authentic self is

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm Republican and I support LGBT rights. It's just nice to see middle America represented for a change. I thought this episode was funnier than the first two.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Good to hear Lakecat

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Did anyone see Roseanne posing as Hitler with the Nazi armband and eating burnt Jewish people cookies. Disgusting.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, after her last tweets that repeated *horrific* conspiracy theories that have already been proven not to be true, I refuse to watch. I don't care if she supports Trump. I care that she is spreading lies that cause damage to real people.

Done with her.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I won't watch her show.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I watched the first two shows but didn't find the very funny. I guess my humor has changed over the years. I doubt I'll watch again. But I'm glad that many of you seem to enjoy it.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
there were some funny parts but not as good as the first shows

will, of course, watch the rest

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I find Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to often be a reasonable intellect and wise voice on things political. Here was an interesting political piece from him this morning. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kareem-abdul-jabbar-dont-be-fooled-roseanne-is-tvs-anti-trump-show-1099170

There are probably multiple links for this story, so just Google if this one doesn't work for you. I had not been intending to watch this show, just as I did not watch it first time around. But maybe I will take a look after a while, if I remember, which I likely won't, to see if I agree with his opinion.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 4:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I didn't see the picture, but Rosanne is half Jewish. I don't get it.

I'll watch the show for now. Sarah Gilbert is the producer of the show and was in charge of everything. But, she can't control what Rosanne does now. If the show opens people's eyes to what is going on in our country, isn't that a good thing?

If Lakecat has to ignore Alyssa Milano's politics to watch Project Runway, I can ignore Rosanne's acting out. For now. But I am still not watching Seinfeld because that show makes Steve Bannon money. And I love that show.

I agree with Kareem Abdul-jabber. From the link above my post:

quote:

What you will find is a powerful reflection of the oppressive daily struggles that many Americans deal with. The show doesn’t directly preach a political take on these issues, but merely by highlighting them, it makes clear to those who follow legitimate news sources that the Conners’ problems, which have existed through previous administrations, have been exasperated by the Trump administration.

quote:

Roseanne stands out because it doesn’t hide from the harsh realities; it wrestles them to the ground with style, intelligence, and humor. The show lets the characters argue politics with the same goal stated by philosopher Karl Popper: “The aim of argument should not be victory, but progress.”

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
And I do agree with Lakecat's post above about middle America being represented for a change. Except, I look at it as the majority of America, in the sense of living in a regular house, worrying about money to pay for the bills, insurance, etc, and driving around in old cars worrying if they will get you where you need to go, paying for college and if it's worth even going, and finding a job, and being able to keep it no matter how horrible it is, how to take care of aging patents, etc. That's not limited to just middle America. It's life for the majority of Americans.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I do watch project runway but every time Alyssa Milano
Comes on the screen I think of all the things she says. Use to love Jimmy Kimmel but I won't watch anymore. And I really wished I'd seen Jesus Christ superstar but maybe I wouldn't have after finding out John Legend was starring. He and his wife really say ridiculous things. I won't watch DeNiro. I'd be in the dark if I boycotted every actor that goes against my views.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I understand and accept that people have different views so for me it depends on how extreme the person’s views are.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
darlene looks so young - not old enough to be the parent of teens

dan sounded like he had a sore throat and roseanne sounded a bit tired. perhaps they are passing a germ around the cast?

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Darlene does looks good to have a 15 year old. I have noticed, in my opinion, that “Darlene” is really not a good actress. Sound like she is just reading her lines. Now and then she gets better, but something is just off.
Glad she finally disciplined her daughter last night.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
agree with you Iluvreality.

my favorite part was roseanne riding the chair lift upstairs while yelling threats. yeah right. lol

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I generally don't boycott someone's work for their political views, as I said, I don't care if she is a Trump supporter. I have many friends who are, and I don't boycott them either.

My issue with Roseanne is that she tweeted something that was disproved LONG ago, that was patently false, and hideous.

For those that don't know what she tweeted, it was that there was a huge hidden Democrat-lead child sex trafficking ring and that Trump was responsible for breaking it up and causing many arrests, freeing many children.

Nothing like that has happened. Nothing.

So, yeah, I'm boycotting her until she retracts that.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Iluv... I feel like she is still a kid, the same Darlene from earlier. Her kid feels more like the mom.