TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Crossing

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Crossing users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 08, 2018Pamy25 04-08-18  2:04 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh I can see it's going to be a very very slow progress, we didn't learn much from the second episode, meaning we don't know yet how they discovered the way to go back in time and how they managed to alter the DNA to produce the super humans. But then why the need for the Apex to go back in time if in the future they have all the means to build the society they want.
The rebel Apex wants to protect the human little girl and so it's the old story of the rebel turned hero to save a little girl, but it didn't explain why there are already Apex among humans before the arrival of those refugees...

Oh well, keep watching..

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Are we sure that the ones who arrived early are Apex? I'm thinking they are other 'commons' who are going to try the change the future. Unfortunately, the one early arrival seems evil and I'm betting he's not trying to change the future for the better.

I want to like this show. I wanted to like Designated Survivor. It's like someone comes up with good ideas but they can't sustain it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I want to like it, but... So far I am frustrated...

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
from what I saw last night, the people came and then the apex came earlier. if you are going to travel in time, then you can go earlier. see Timeless.

I am still not sure how the APEX came to be. were they aliens or were they earth created creatures?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The little girl (forgot her name) has the cure that her apex-adoptive-mother made from her own blood but she apparently needs periodic "booster shots"....so maybe when the girl grows up and has kids, they will somehow turn out to be the precursor of the Apex DNA line.

There's gotta be some kind of time paradox in this show sooner or later. :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Now it seems like the ones who came earlier were NOT APEX, but the regular humans. Just meaner and nastier.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
are you sure because they had that noise machine and the leader of the troop said he had not seen one of "them" for 10 years.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Did I miss any explanation about the method used to travel back 140 years? And why they land in water which seemed to kill a lot of them!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
In the first show they said they couldn't calibrate exactly where they would land. They never anticipated that they might land in water.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It's going to drag on and I'm losing a bit of the initial interest, but looks like just another deja-vu of too many facts, time travel back and forth and some Apex are better than the humans and vice versa, it's going to take us a long time to get more clues...

I'm a bit annoyed that my own computer keeps asking me if I am a robot, or am I a human with a silly quiz just to make sure. Nuts!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That high frequency noise thing was cruel. I was happy to see that guy's head on backward.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Me too! A fitting end for a cruel person! Thanks for that info on the calibrations--it makes sense!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Ii truly think this show will be on the cancelled list

It’s kind of all over the place. And kind of just drags on. It’s just okay for me

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I still like it. It's doing that Lost thing where everyone has their own secret (now the blonde woman was an Apex collaborator) and it does make it a tad bitty, but I'm hoping they'll give it time to pull everything together.

I like a lot of the cast, so perhaps it's easier for me to stay engaged without a coherent story, because I am more interested in the characters.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Okay, we're getting a bit closer to this whole mystery but the first arrival is intent on getting rid of who?? All those with the mark? And why so many have to die?? I'm a bit lost... Kitt, are those new arrival people the good or the bad.. In the end, we're always back to the same quandary... you just can't change the future.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think I'm done with this show.
I won't be surprised to see it on a list for cancellation. As of yesterday, 4/30/18 it was neither canceled or renewed.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Spunky, they were trying to get rid of anyone who was responsible for the rise of the Apex.

When they found out that didn't work with the first round of deaths, they are now expanding their plan.

Not sure about the new arrival folks yet. They seem to be anti-Apex as well however, so not clear why they came back.

I'm still liking it, however.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I could be wrong, but it seemed to me that the first arrival people were an organized group who came back in time to specifically kill people who were connected to the invention/creation/development of the Apex. However, they don't seem much better than the Apex as far as having a conscience. They're pretty detached about killing.

It also seems to me that the recent arrivals are not an organized group. They seem more like an assortment of people w/ various reasons for coming back.

I'm wondering why/when the Apex woman came back. I'm pretty sure she wasn't part of the second arrival group, but I didn't notice her in the first arrival group, either.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The Apex woman was definitely part of the second group. She was the one who would have drowned if she weren't an Apex (she threw her daughter to the surface and then she sunk). She woke up far down the shore away from the group and was found by some fishermen.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Ah, thanks, that explains why when I first saw her she was getting out of a truck, and I assumed she was already here.

I confess, I wasn't paying close attention in the first 2 eps.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karunna, it's a bit clearer now, but the nonsense of wanting to change the future is irritating to me, the fellow who wanted out of the first group arrival did say... 'or maybe you just can't change the future'. I said, 'well, he got that right'.
For once, I'd like to see a sci-fi show that confirms we can't change the future. Sci-fi producers always want to create this illusion that we can change it and come up with this time travel scenario, the future so bad that they go back in time to prevent that from happening. It gets boring...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My DVR ate the recording..

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Now that this show finally got interesting as of last week and tonight, I’m kinda bummed we won’t get to see this play out. I’m assuming there are only a few more episodes left too

I think this is the first show since “Joey” that I just may be bummed about ending

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Not much of a cliffhanger but the picture now is very clear, people from the future came back to change the future but in the present those who want to change the future are really the bad guys, and round and round we go...

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I don't know when I found it was cancelled, I deleted that DVRd show, I have other shows to catch up on. And with the summer coming up, I have other things to do like mowing the lawn today just before it rains again.

Robinm

01-31-2006

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
Is the crossing cancelled? Last night, the advertisement says every week, it didn't look like it was cancelled. Sorry I posted without checking, it is cancelled after this season.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, June 04, 2018 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
There are at least 3 episodes, one tonight and two next week and then caput...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 04, 2018 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I believe it's one tonight, and then two on Saturday....

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 04, 2018 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes it's cancelled, the season finale on Saturday (2nd hour) will be the series finale.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: