TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 06, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Doctor : Archive through February 06, 2018 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 04, 2017 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Or you could have ringworm, hahahahahahaha.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sort of sad to have Shaun strike his mentor, but I would have wanted to smack him, too.

It was a good episode.. Now a break.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I gasped even though I knew it was coming.

I have to say that Dr. Melendez has really grown on me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I like him, but he is making Shaun more anxious.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The doc was acting the idiot in that episode.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought this last episode was very timely in light of the recent cultural shift in regard to respecting women in the workplace. I was worried the other doctor would get fired for getting physical with the doctor who was inappropriate. Hope they find some reason to bring him back. I liked him. I like that he wanted to defend her, but he went about it the wrong way. He should have encouraged her to stand up for herself and go to HR.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Starts again on Monday.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Glad to see the show back last night. Many unanswered questions. What about the girls? He said they should be waking up, but weren’t. Does Shawn leave to be with his neighbor? Why is that dr who sexually harassed the other dr being disciplined, just the other dr fired?? Didn’t understand that at all.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, lots of fuzzy issues.

Hospital admin should be investigating the offender.

Lots of snap decisions.

If Shaun follows her to Hershey PA for good does his mentor lose his job, does the show to on?

Too many characters involved for a permanent exodus.

Hopefully they will update on the twins next week.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
That show was a two parter. Here's the next part:

Islands: Part Two

The twins suffer complications from their surgery forcing the team at San Jose Boneventure Hospital to make a life-changing decision. Meanwhile, Dr. Shaun Murphy returns to the hospital after his trip with Lea and decides he needs a more permanent change and gives Dr. Aaron Glassman his two weeks' notice.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But still, if he leaves they have a big set and a bunch of irrelevant actors playing suddenly irrelevant characters..

I like the show and most characters, but actually prefer the use of an autistic doctor on Chicago Med. He is just one character, not in every scene OF storyline, but over time, he has been learning and figuring out what motivates those who aren't autistic, even though it puzzles him immensely.

But, I will be watching.

Worried what they will do to the twins.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I also kept watching although my curiosity about this new series isn't that great as in the beginning, I predicted the complications they're having with Shaun but I'm still convinced the unpredictable reactions of Shaun facing problematic situations may in fact create a bigger crisis for him and his team.

There is a new medical show coming up The Resident, I'll give that one a try.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Really good show last night. Heart wrenching story about the twins, who would live and who would die. Of course we knew Shawn would stay, he is the show. Glad to see that dr is back to work.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am still watching this show.

I wasn't surprised that he in the end did not leave.

Two young women with wise advise.. Lea to Shaun to not move to Hershey for her, but with invitation to visit, and the young doctor had good advise for his mentor to let go and not smother Shaun.

The twin scenario was really sad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I started a thread for The Resident.

link

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The twin's story was heartbreaking.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I watched the last two episodes tonight. As the parents of a teenager with Autism, we (especially me) had some big objections to this show:

1) That girl was really, really stupid to let Sean drive her car. We have been attempting to teach our son to drive for the past few months, but he has so much anxiety about operating a car ("So many things can go wrong!"), it's slow going. I've had him drive on the street one time (not counting just driving around our neighborhood), and he was so nervous he could only do it for a couple of minutes. Too much stress.

2) I really hated that she introduced Sean to alcohol. I don't think my son will ever drink. He has sensory issues and I just don't think he'll ever enjoy the taste. He won't even have a sip of wine if I offer it to him (he's also big on the "No, thanks"). He does not like to feel "different" and would not enjoy alcohol's affect on his body and brain. I hated that Lea got Sean drunk.

3) I'm hoping this script was written before the current atmosphere of intolerance toward sexual harassment. That doctor who appoached Browne and then threatened her, should have been fired--especially in light of the other women he's harassed in the past.

I'm glad Sean didn't follow Lea to Hershey, PA, but then how could he, really? He's the whole show. We all knew it would never happen.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 1:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree with every point you made!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Sea! Just had to add that hubby and I were laughing when Lea wanted to listen to music in the car and Sean was covering his ears. That's exactly what my son does! I'm only allowed to listen to music if I'm in the car alone, never with him. He doesn't like music. It makes him anxious. He only likes Dubstep (whatever that is!) and video game music!

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Shawn was determined that lady was a terrorist. There is no way a hospital would let someone that had no “filter “ interact with patients. I was shocked the son had been tampering with his father’s meds. Glad to see they had the courage to leave eventually. Shawn is trying to find a friend, maybe his new neighbor, but doubtful. I was hoping when the door opened it would be Lea. Nice that they are following up on the harassment charges against that dr. I wonder if this storyline has been broadened because of today’s headlines. Shawn smells the pine air freshener to remind him of his time with Lea. Maybe she will be back.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I liked the new Shawn, More interactive with people.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But really irritating!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Super irritating! Our son is not like that. He's very quiet and reserved, unless he really has something to say, then he's funny!

I'm glad Lea is gone. I didn't like her. I thought she was a bad influence on Shaun (that's how my CC says it's spelled!). I like that the new neighbor was friendly. I hope he becomes a friend.

It kind of broke my heart a little that Dr. Glass wouldn't have breakfast with Shaun or even be his friend. That was kind of cruel. I loved that Shaun said, "Oh, so you expect me to change, but you can't?" Very perceptive.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That was on point, when Shaun said that!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
knew right away that Shaun would be in the pool at the end of the show. :-)

enjoyed the "understanding" theme - and yes - always ask questions instead of just staring or wondering :-) and i enjoyed how seeing a patient/family struggling with future child decisions made the senior doctor have to think about his own situation.