TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 19, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 19, 2018 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 16, 2018 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Texas, I'm not bothered by that. It pokes fun at the "exclusivity" issue.

Have you read the "how many xxxx does it take to change a light bulb" joke? It pokes fun at over a dozen denominations. I still think the one about my denomination (Methodist) is hysterical.

How many United Methodists does it take to change a light bulb?

This statement was issued: "We choose not to make a statement either in favor of or against the need for a light bulb. However, if in your own journey you have found that a light bulb works for you, that is fine. You are invited to write a poem or compose a modern dance about your personal relationship with your light bulb (or light source, or non-dark resource), and present it next month at our annual light bulb Sunday service, in which we will explore a number of light bulb traditions, including incandescent, fluorescent, three-way, long-life, and tinted-all of which are equally valid paths to luminescence. "

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 16, 2018 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Texas, I always crack up thinking about the Southside episode where everyone dies and goes to heaven. They are all in front of a stage waiting in anticipation for Jesus to come out.

When he does, Jesus announces that the Mormons won. They were right about their religion. Everyone else gets swept down to hell.

I may have gotten some of it wrong, but that was the gist of it and it cracks me up.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 16, 2018 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
South Park? yes, very funny!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 16, 2018 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Oops! Yup. South Park. Lol!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, March 17, 2018 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
How did you glean that Pence is all about money and power Strategist?
He may be old time Christian but I wouldn't find him "frightening" , besides,I thought Trump was frightening.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, March 17, 2018 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I feel that both trump and Pence are frightening for different reasons, but the point that I was making was not about that. I was discussing something that Joy often jokes about on the View - the hypocrisy by politicians on the right who say that they are Christians, but are really in it for themselves.

Pence is a "prosperity" Christian and a shrewd politician. He works on behalf of the Koch brothers. He was generously funded to promote Americans for Prosperity and their agenda. He took the VP job as trump's right hand despite not believing in much of trump's original platform. He's a hypocrite who says he won't even dine alone with a woman, but stands proudly next to a president who brags about grabbing women's body parts and has had more illicit affairs with than anyone I know. Pence stays and sucks up to trump because he wants money and power. He is not a man of virtue. If he was, he would not be an apologist for trump. He would have called him out a long time ago.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Being a Christian doesn't mean having to be perfect. That seems to be the oft used criticism of Republican politicians. I never understood that. I don't know if he's funded by the Koch Bros are not, doesnt bother me bc I imagine Obama was knee deep in Soros money too. my major beef is ,if that was any other religion, Joy would not have said that.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
bt being a Christian should mean emulating Christ. I can't see anyway around that, Feeding the poor, helping the ill (i.e. raising the dead). Loving little children. getting rid of the money lenders. things prosperity Christians do not do.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Exactly, Sadiesmom. trump, Pence, and the "Christian" republicans in office have none of those qualities. It's the hypocrisy that Joy and the others rant about. It seems to me that there are Christians in office who are on the side of giving rights to the poor, sick, immigrants, blacks, Muslims and others, and they are all Democrats.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The thing is not all Republicans are the same type of Christian any more then all Democrats are far left liberals and/or atheists. This need to perpetuate these extreme stereotypes only serves to divide us and increase the hate in America right now. What would Jesus think of Trump or Pence right now? Republicans need to take their party back!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didn't see Biden any more or less charitable than Pence and I wouldn't say either were prosperity Christians. Isn't it painting with a broad brush to say that all Republican Christians are in it for the money and all Democrat politicians are not?

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I can agree that republicans need to take their party back. Unfortunately it's now the party of "Trump" and not that of "Christian Values".

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Nobody said that all Republican Christians are in it for the money. Those that support trump are mostly in it for personal prosperity over helping anyone else.

In general, the democratic platform is based on community and social responsibility. They stand for people of regardless of race, ethnicity, and religion (no-religion). They support rights of the poor, homosexuals, blacks, immigrants...

The republican platform is mostly based on personal rights and justice. They support more military action, easy access to guns, the death penalty. They are against amnesty for immigrants. None of these seem like they would be Jesus' first choice.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I didn't see Biden any more or less charitable than Pence

You must have missed the recent images that captured him stopping to visit with a homeless man. Just because he cared.

And as Strategist noted, she was talking about politicians.

NOW: this is a News & Views conversation. Let's move it to News and Views please. And no more here. Further posts will be moved to that area, in the religion thread.

Thank you.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I watch The View every day at lunch. Today they interviewed Cory Booker. What a fabulous guy. He's a real bridge builder. I sure do hope he gets into the 2020 race.

06-29-2002

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Additional posts referencing politics and religion moved to the N & V Religion thread as per the above.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Corey Booker was very good! We need more like him on both sides.

Tomorrow, Pence's daughter will be on.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I don't think that The View is going away anytime soon. It has over 3 million daily viewers.

ABC's 'The View' Outperforms and Increases Its Lead Over 'The Talk' Across the Board

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/ABCs-The-View-Outperforms-and-Increases-Its-Lead-Over-The-Talk-Across-the-Board-20180221

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I agree with you. It would be good to have more bridge builders like Cory Booker on both sides. I'm also looking forward to hearing from Pence's daughter. I don't know anything about her at all.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I guess you have to live near Cory Booker to question his sincerity. I can remember back to when he was in office in Newark before he was mayor. but he looks great on TV, so I am sure that the view will exposure help him. The rest I will save for news and views.

Ido think that the view is more watchable than the talk any day, but it really needs staff tweaking and it is on against one of my favorites, Veshi and ruhle. so I rarely watch it now.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I could not dislike Cory Booker more if I tried. Racist and hypocrite.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I love Velshi and Ruhle also. I tape both of them too.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Love Cory Booker. A politician who cares about people. But you know, someone always has to call the black people racist, because you know, anyone who is a black politician must be one.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well why not, everything else is racist these days. I know one thing he's good at, his audition for becoming next president. Those bulginging eyes and over the top faux outrage. But Ive veered off the topic of The View, so I'll leave it at that.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 19, 2018 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Saying everything is racist is saying nothing. It's a statement with no meaning.

He is a conscientious politician who went out and dug people out during snowstorms himself. I know we're not used to good people, so much so that we refuse to recognize them when they are black or not of our own political view.