TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 04, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: 2018 Academy Awards/Oscars: Archive through March 04, 2018 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I would love to have some surprise wins tonight. Especially the ones I mentioned.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I don’t know whether or not celebrities dished Ryan or not (and I do wonder about due process) but the whole E coverage seemed off.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I thought Jimmy walked the tightrope pretty well.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I am cracking up right now because Dunkirk just won 2 sound awards. 1 for sound editing, and the other for sound mixing.

I watched it today and didn't notice anything wrong with the sound.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I know Naja, drives me crazy. I think they didn't hear the voting instructions correctly.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm not following you. If they did the mixing and editing correctly you wouldn't hear anything wrong with the sound....

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yay for Allison Janney winning supporting actress! WOO HOO!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, If you mean me, I was cracking up because Sugar was complaining about the sound of the movie... and here it went on to win 2 awards for sound.

But I, personally, did not think anything was wrong with the sound.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I’m going to add a spin on The Shape of water, and do it very poorly, my ds is hard of hearing and saw the movie he came home, and was very upset, all he talked about, was they used the deaf, she wasn’t deaf, deaf hate this...

I’ve searched, there isn’t anything online with views that I could reference.

But when you talk about marginalized people, idk.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I disagree as I thought the sound quality of Dunkirk was poor, often difficult to hear the actors and sound levels uneven.

Yeah for Allison Janney!

"Don't say La La Land, don't say La La Land, don't say La La Land" LOL & LOL some more.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, I get it now. Thanks for 'splaining! :-)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
They specifically said she was mute not deaf in The Shape of Water. The Zelda character says it to the nasty government guy Richard. I believe Giles also mentions she is mute not deaf.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Reader, I did find this type of article out there....

How ‘The Shape Of Water’ Makes People With Disabilities Feel Less Human

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/shape-of-water-offensive-to-people-with-disabilities_us_5a8b798de4b0a1d0e12c48fc

It never occurred to me while watching it that anybody could be offended.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I hate how Ryan is being found guilty without evidence. He is denying this. All the other guys basically said their accusers were correct so I see the back lash for them but not for Ryan....plus he has always been rumored to be gay

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
A lot of time, the sound of the movie is determined by the theater. I used to go to an old theater that was broken up into sub theaters and the sound was always lousy there. no matter what the movie. the shapes were not made for it and the bleed of other movies was distracting, But I went to a huge new movie theater in NYC and the sound of anything would be great in there. I imagine most of the voters heard it from their TV, so it is unknown how that goes.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Nooooo!
I really disliked Call Me By Your Name.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
These comments make me want to see The Shape of Water even less now. And that article Naja linked to is spot on in terms of how society portrays people with disabilities for the most part. I laughed at the line about some never even having options to be “cured” given that I take it one step further in that it was impossible to “cure” me when doctors at the highest level couldn’t even diagnosis my disability.

Anyway, back to the Oscars...I am mainly watching live just to hear all the best song performances...my favorite part every year. :-)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think that is a shame as The Shape of Water is a lovely film.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just checking in and I am glad Allison won!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They are really running behind.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, Guillermo del Toro finally won an Oscar (for best director). I really like him.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I find it so enjoying when the focus is on the singer vs the pictures of those that have died during the In Memoriam segment.

Why is Emma Stone doing the directing award?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Annoying, annoying, annoying not enjoying!
Crap tablet auto correct

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I don’t understand why more isn’t being made of the money. The accuser, a single mom, wanted $$$ or else... there was an investigation, which the me too movement believes Ryan Seacrest is a powerful white male... but as there is , so far, just the one... I could see where there could be silly innuendo, and she probably does need money... but, I’m not liking how this is being played out...

Yes, I know they specifically say she’s mute, not deaf, that’s the problem the deaf are having. I know I poorly presented it,

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
As soon as the second half of "Darkest Hour" started, I knew Gary Oldman was going to win best actor. Yay! I am very happy for him.

eta: the movie also won for best makeup. It had to. They did a great job.