TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
2018 Academy Awards/Oscars

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: 2018 Academy Awards/Oscars users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 04, 2018Pippin0425 03-04-18  4:38 pm
Archive through March 04, 2018Naja25 03-04-18  9:25 pm
Archive through March 06, 2018Pippin0425 03-06-18  7:54 pm
Archive through March 08, 2018Karuuna25 03-08-18  8:44 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
And we don't all like the same ice cream flavors and that is fine with me.

I have to admit I only watch the last 1/2 hour of the oscars. if there was something that I should not have missed, I catch up on youtube.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
and 4 + 5 = 9

so does 6 + 3 = 9

we all have different ways to do things and different opinions.

the speech was political

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
His speech about his child was heartfelt and real. His caring for other children who might not be as fortunate was heartfelt and real.

If it's political for him to say that all babies should get the care they need in order to save their lives, well, so be it.

I think it was humanitarian and compassionate.

And going back to the original point, late night talk show hosts have ALWAYS been political, going back to Johnny Carson. This is nothing new.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
johnny carson was funny

late nite people are just wannabes these days

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kar, luv your last post. :-) And ditto to your entire position on this subject.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
He might be heart felt and caring but he lost me when he said Republicans want to kill children. If he's going to be the political mouth piece on the national stage of late night, then he needs to get his facts straight and tell both sides of the story. I'd rather <99> entertain me instead of lecture me.
http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/
20170921/NEWS/170929972

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That article does not name one single incorrect fact stated by Jimmy Kimmel. Not one! She was just playing off his notoriety to gain some of her own.

She ignores the issues of lifetime limits and preexisting conditions completely. It's patently dishonest.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And oddly enough, I don't seem to be able to find anything online where Kimmel said Republicans want to kill children.... care to provide a link?

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I just hate it when my beloved talk show hosts start spouting off about equality and healthcare for all. Really burns me up ;)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lol Cinnamon! 😎

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Cinny... that reminds me of Kimmel "apologizing..."

“Anyway – I’d like to apologize for saying that children in America should have health care. It was insensitive – it was offensive – and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me,” Kimmel told viewers.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/jimmy-kimmel-donald-trump-apologizes-for-saying-all-children-in-america-should-have-health-care-video-1202087044/

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 09, 2018 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
So I read that article and what crap that was. Fewer people have insurance than 2013? Don't think so, does it matter where they get it as long as they are fully insured? Yes premiums are not slated to go up 90% by 2020 thanks to the republican poison pills in the tax plan. No one had time to read the tax plan that is the only way the could pass it, as a black box because it is full of garbage. One hit was the ACA. And less people have insurance this year than last, Could it have to not funding the payments to insurance companies for keeping premiums lower? Or maybe that they had fewer people to help people find the right insurance for them or did not have on-line access? how about shortening the enrolment date? Or cutting the advertising budget?

now if you add inthe junk insurance that will be sold again to strip off the healthy, premiums will soar.

the whole scam about the changes, to insurance bug me, oh and 4 states have approval to require work for medicare. Now if you can't get a babysitter, it is your problem. my niece really wants to go back to work, I can't sit her daughter because I can't lift her, - nerve damage in my arm, she doesn't want the woman (grandma) who gave the baby soda in her bottle at 6 months taking care of her child, and she can't afford daycare.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: