TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 18, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 18, 2018 users admin

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I like Megan McCain, but I think she's having a tough time integrating with the rest of the group. There are a lot of very sensible republicans that they can bring on board who can balance the group better. I love Ana Navarro. She might be the perfect fit.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I'm rarely home to watch this show, but right now Joe Biden is on and he is talking to Meagan about her Fathers cancer and relating it to his son's. It was so emotional that I had to shed some tears.
I love Joe.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Joe Biden is really a decent man.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I read the article about Megan McCain and Joe Biden's interaction on the View. I had not realized that John McCain had the same cancer as Beau. Joe Biden really is an amazing person.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
When she started to cry and he changed places with Sunny, I was sobbing. I recognize that look on Meghan's face. It is fear of losing your father. I had it when my dad was diagnosed. Joe Biden is really a decent human being. I have the book but have not read it yet.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I love Joe Biden!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
This is not a good time for Joe Biden, He should be glad to be out of office, I know he was a friendly guy but he was handsy with a lot of women. I am sure no offence was meant, but it would still set him up for accusations.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
There is handsy and there is just being someone who touches when they talk. I think there is a big difference from being sexually touched and then just having your arm touched or your hand touched. I don't think Biden falls into any kind of hinky category except for those pictures that people have published to make him look bad. I had a friend that posted something and said she hoped it were true. I wondered why she would even want that to be true of anyone but it was just something that fell behind her party line. That is sad.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Mamie, when a hug becomes sexually abusive' then that is sad.
I have been abused and I know the difference.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I love Joe too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I checked the live show tickets schedule and the ladies are on vacation until Jan 2.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I've been watching the show this week since Wendy has been re runs all week. I do like Megan McCain,but I don't think she will be long for this show. TPTB usually get rid of the conservatives, especially the ones that speak the truth and call the others out on their mis truths and biases. I don't even know the names of the other ( new to me)women.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I was watching Nichole Wallace and she claims she was removed from the View because she did not care about pop culture. I am thinking that they keep getting conservatives that are kind of liberal in some ways, i.e. most accept gay people as not damaged goods, most are not the most stringent anti abortionists.
ON the other hand, I can see where they like to discuss shows like the bachelor, not one on my list to watch.

Megan seems a little bit like a fish out of water, she too is a conservative that does not fit the Trumpian mold,. I can see her not forgiving Trump for what he said about her father, who she clearly adores. I don't think she fits well with the rough and tumble ways of the view, she seems more like she expects for people to speak in turn, I only listened to her radio program a few times and I can say there was no problem with me hearing things, no one talked over another person.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The reason Meghan isn't a fit for this show is she can't express herself without insulting the other ladies and telling them what they should and shouldn't talk about. She's just plainly an unpleasant snippy person who seems to think her pedigree automatically makes her right. It has nothing to do with her politics. The other ladies have bent over backwards to be nice to her, but it seems to be at the point that they have had enough.

Just watching this last week is not the whole story.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Meghan McCain looks really unhappy on the show. I saw her on CNN Van Jones show and she looked perfectly happy there. I think she needs to find a job where it's a better fit for her. Maybe a more mainstream news show like CNN is the right place for her. I know that Fox was also not a great fit because she's not a trump lover.

Ana Navarro is a republican who seems to fit in on The View just fine. She can disagree with the others and still banter with everyone in a friendly way. I would be thrilled if she took Meghan's spot.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
i truly can't stand Ana navarro. . I think somewhere a million yrs ago she said or did something conservative one time and now they hire her as the token conservative. I think Joy Behar is more conservative than her. I hope They don't fire Megan like they did the other conservatives.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just don't want anyone to be on the panel that works professionally with politics. None of the other ladies do, yet they keep wanting to fill the conservative seats with political news pundits or people that actually worked in politics.

Anna, Jedediah (self described Libertarian conservative), Nicole, and Meghan were/are all professional political pundits. Anna, Nicole, Meghan actually worked in politics.

Just fill the seat with a regular person.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Good point on the conservative being a professional pundit but that being said I have grown to think that Ana Navarro is pretty fair and I can tolerate her.Poor Megan can’t hang especially against Whoopi and Joy.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I loved when Megan asked Anna why she pretends to be a Republican. I think it's only fair to have someone that's political to fill the conservative seat if it's going to be 4 against 1.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Joy Behar had a political show for a while.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It was a talk show. If the the guest was political, they talked about the guests politics. It was not a "political" show, and she was not a political pundit.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This page lists all the guests that were on Joy's talk shows. Almost all comedians, actors, singers, various show business people, and every once in awhile, a person from politics. Just like most entertainment talk shows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joy_Behar:_Say_Anything

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I am not a regular follower of The View, more of an intermittent one. I have watched a few times in the last few weeks and I find I like Megan BUT her and Joy really seems to not even get along one bit. Joy is VERY outspoken with her views and Megan really really tries to answer her intelligently but Joy runs all over her. I do like Anna Navarro and feel she could hold her own against Joy who I agree with but can come on quite strongly.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I guess I only saw it when she had a political guest. Usually when someone would tell me to watch it since it was not really on my radar. That was when I had more of a life and didn't watch TV as much.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I wonder how much of Meghan's father being ill is affecting her as well. There was a time when she was presenting her conservative view in an intelligent way and I enjoyed hearing it but lately, she has been throwing out all of her opinions backed with daggers and then laying the blame for that on the other ladies which I think is unfair. She even labeled Sunny a "liberal" the other day much to Sunny's shock.

Joy is Joy. I loved her before she retired but now find her more abrasive then funny.

I can't decide if Meghan is being put up to behave this way by the producers or if she's auditioning to go back to FOX. Either way, she is definitely not happy these days but I honestly don't think it's the fault of the other ladies.