TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
SEAL TEAM

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: SEAL TEAM users admin

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I've watched 2 episodes of this now. I feel on the fence about it. I love seeing Bones' Booth in a whole new kind of role and David Boreanaz is perfect in this team leader filled with angst role but for some reasons the storylines aren't gelling with me. I WANT to like this show but so far I can't say I could give it rave reviews.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I started on the first show...but couldn't get into it...however I haven't given up on it...I figure maybe I was distracted or something.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I'm on the fence about this show too. I was going to say that there are so many shows out there with the same plot, but I'm not too sure what the plot is with this show.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I made a decision to not even try "Seal Team", "Valor", or "The Brave".

They all come across as having the same plot, more or less.....stories about a brave but conflicted soldier fighting and killing, trying to balance a home life and war career at the same time. It seems like shows like this just glorify war, making the main American character a hero who leaves a wake of death and destruction behind him. I can watch the nightly news for that.

I think I'm just burned out on characters in the Middle East fighting in deserts. Those episodes are always my least favorite on NCIS and after several "terrorists/bombs" episodes on Hawaii 5-0) I gave up on that, too. I did watch "The Unit" and "Over There" years ago...also "Homeland" until they killed off Brody. I think those all contributed to why I feel so burned out on soldier/war series these days.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I watched The Brave and Seal Team last night for the first time. You are right, these shows are very repetative. Lots of characters standing behind computers saying things I dont understand...I loved the Unit since that seemed to be more about the families. Not sure I will continue to watch these 2.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Not watching these either, Sanfran. Too much real life that I already see on the news. Give me science fiction or reality shows!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like David Boreanaz. I've watched him on shows for years now, all the way back to Buffy and Angel. I see him as perfect for this role. Although I haven't watched the show, I suspect it's almost the same character as he played on Bones.

The problem for me is (like Sanfran) I'm kind of burned out on these types of scenarios. I might enjoy watching a movie about this but I just can't see me coming back week after week to watch on TV.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I agree, there is just too many of these type of shows. Even Night Shift, I think that is the name, a medical show has one of their doctors off fighting and now they have become a training center for the military.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I decided to pick 1 of the three to watch-I'm watching Seal Team. Its pretty good.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
lazylu, I had watched Night Shift the first season and really enjoyed it. After that I felt it wasn't much different than a 1/2 doz other shows...and to kill Topher...not a great move. I also am not enjoying this military story line and all the drs. running around in military uniforms seems rediculous. Off my list.

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Irsnappy - I, too, *hated* that Night Shift killed Topher!! And the head of the night shift went off to be a lawyer on Bull. Ugh! Drew is the only one I care about over there anymore.

Seal Team - I want to like... but we'll see. Still giving it a chance.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I thought the guy that played Topher wanted to leave. They wanted him to stay, but he wanted to leave. Maybe he could see the writing on the wall about this show. :-(

I'll give Seal another chance, maybe.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, October 09, 2017 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm a huge fan of Code Black with Marcia Gayheart. It is just the best with the best characters. I love Mama.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: