TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Wisdom of the Crowd

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Wisdom of the Crowd users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 28, 2017Karuuna25 11-28-17  12:18 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I agree there is a huge gray area between disgusting behavior and rape. However, over Thanksgiving, as I listened to more then one male relative carry on about the number of women speaking up, it occurred to me that that is why even more women haven't spoken up - because they're conditioned as they grow up to think they should shrug it off. Women are fed up and they are no longer going to shrug it off no matter how light of a gray the action might have been.

I have always loved Piven as an actor, especially his role as Ari on Entourage, so I am saddened to hear of his treatment of women. I was really enjoying this show but am more then okay with it being cancelled. The other actors will hopefully find work after this.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Jeremy Piven also took a lie detector test and passed so it all seems strange.

I enjoyed the show. I only hope they give us the killer at the end.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lie detectors are fairly unreliable, but thank you for sharing that. I hadn't heard that before.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Probably depends on the question. If you don't think you did anything wrong, you would probably pass a lie detector test.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Most who are accused live in America and I believe they still have the right to due process before being found guilty and punished.

Just because a person claims something happened does not mean it actually did...maybe it did...but to punish someone for the action you need to proof it happen. We should not be convicting and punishing until we have more than just accusations.

If not, this is not the America I want to live in and I strongly believe we will come to regret convicting and punishing without due process. It starts with them....who is next?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 12:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I don't know. Piven is supposed to be very difficult to work with. Uber diva from the broadway boards. A frequent no show for live performances. very demanding of everyone in a show and not as in demanding they give a good show. Scandal or not, I would think it would be hard to keep a show going with someone so disliked. I am surprised he got the show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No one has been convicted. But companies have a right to make business decisions, based on whatever evidence they want to.

There is a difference between *legal* rights (ie, due process, innocent until proven guilty), and business decisions.

So, let's not conflate the two.

FWIW, I do think each case must be looked at carefully and individually. But in most cases, I don't think the women are making shit up.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Women have not been able to come forward for fear of not being believed, losing their jobs, being ridiculed and more. In many cases, the victims of sexual assault have lived their lives in hiding as if they are the perpetrators. I believe the women and I also believe that they have a right to finally speak their truth.

Fine, put the "alleged" sexual abusers through the court system, convict and punish them. But shouldn't we give the women the benefit of believing them rather than convicting and punishing them just when they have finally had the courage to come out of the shadows.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So was that the end, we still don't know who the killer was, and have we heard if the show will continue?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Zippo ! Too bad because I found the show had potential, in this global obsession of communication online (you wouldn't believe what people post about themselves, privacy has no meaning to those million of people who instagram every moment of their life) this coming together to find the culprit while getting some results for the police force was giving a purpose to this global instantaneous communication. Too bad also that the lead actor caused the show to end.
Bad casting can also end a show.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: