TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 28, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Midnight Texas: Archive through August 28, 2017 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I really liked Midnight, Texas! It was much better than I anticipated and I had high hopes.

I was concerned that it was an NBC show but it held up and didn't feel too G-rated even though it wasn't on a cable station! (I'm sure there'll less foul language and nudity than I prefer, but ya can't have everything! :-))

Oh yeah...the cast is great.

François Arnaud (Cesare on "The Borgias") is the main character, Manfred, a psychic.

Dylan Bruce (Beth's husband on "Orphan Black") is Bobo.

Jason Lewis (Jerry, Samantha's hot young model boyfriend on "Sex and the City") plays Joe Strong (a hunky angel who has to take his shirt off to fly! :-)).

Sarah Ramos (Haddie Braverman on "Parenthood") plays Creek.

Peter Mensah (Doctore on the "Spartacus" Starz series) plays Lemuel the vampire.

There are lots more but these all stood out to me because I had watched them for years on their various shows I listed above....and now they're all together in one series.

The plot was relatively simple in the premiere, mainly an introduction of characters and the set up to a mystery) but it's wide open for development.

One thing that struck me was how it kept reminding me of "Preacher" on AMC (visually more than storywise)! Dominic Cooper who plays Jesse on Preacher and François Arnaud on Midnight Texas are a lot alike in type, shape, and even their hair is similar enough that there were times when Manfred (Arnaud) turned in such a way that, I swear, it could've been either of those of those two actors standing there. There was even a night shot of an old church that was very reminiscent of Jesse's church in season 1 of Preacher. But, bottom line, MT is still it's own show and not a Preacher ripoff or anything like that.

Anyhow, it's dramatic, humorous, scary, exciting and there are mysteries to solve and romance is in the air.

Link to imdb.com...includes a great trailer!:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5464086/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Not exactly alike but very similar to me...

"Jesse Custer" (Dominic Cooper) on "Preacher"
jesse
link

and

"Manfred Bernardo" (François Arnaud) on "Midnight Texas"
manfred
link

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm happy to hear that you think it's good. I have it recorded and I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed it. I mostly watched because of Francois. It's made by the same folks who did True Blood so I am thinking we should be in for some interesting stories.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just finished reading all three books in anticipation of this series. Loved the books! They're by Charlaine Harris, who also wrote the Sookie Stackhouse (Southern Mystery) books. I don't expect this series to follow the books exactly (much like True Blood branched WAY away from the books), but I'm really looking forward to the ride.

And the cast is full of pretty people!!!

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Loved the first episode of Midnight, Texas. Looks like this is going to be a great series!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
So far, I love it! Ridiculous, unrealistic fun! Love!!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was quite amused by the familiar having a southern accent and licking his paws while talking to his witch.
I think I like this show. I did not watch True Blood.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
When I was reading the books, I never imagined Mr. Snuggly (the cat) as having a Southern accent, but it makes sense. He's so cute!

Love this show. Can't wait till next week!

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Thumbs up to all above. I am really getting into this show.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
So far so good.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
They are really mixing up the stories from the books, but I'm enjoying the show. I laughed out loud when the Tiger was distracted by the red dot from Olivia's rifle. He's just a big kitty!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
OMG, I LOVE this show! I laughed out loud when Manfred stuck the pencil in that vamp's chest, and he said, "You have to pierce the heart, idiot!" That was funny.

I like how these vamps just kind of evaporate in a puff of black smoke. On True Blood (same author), the vamps would just kind of explode into a mess of sticky goo when they died. This method is so much neater.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
It reminds me of Charmed I recall some of the demons going up in smoke.

I am interested to find out why the angel is a fallen angel.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I might have offered to catch in when he fell.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sugar, unfortunately the angel Joe does not seem to be into women. He has a boyfriend named Chuy, who doesn't seem to get much airtime.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
But we could be friends. A friend wouldn't let another friend fall and not try to catch them. And look them over to make sure they weren't hurt. Not so much that he would be uncomfortable, just enough to assure that he doesn't need a Dr. No touching, just a good look over. Then call Chuy to come get his angel boo.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
So Joe is a fallen angel, is Chuy of the demonic clan?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I haven't figured that out yet. When I was reading the books, I thought they were both angels, but Joe never flew, so I wasn't sure.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I haven't read the books. However, I got the impression in the show that Joe is fallen because he fell in love w/ someone he shouldn't have... someone who isn't an angel.

I'm sure I sound shallow, but I do enjoy a show w/ so many good looking men. Manfred is definitely my favorite. :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nothing wrong with that, Whrlwnd! Who wants to watch a show full of ugly people?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Eye candy before bed is a GOOD thing!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Personal eye candy in bed is even better

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Amen Sugar!!!