TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 01, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Leah Remini: Scientology and Aftermath: Archive through September 01, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Leah was fortunate that her whole family left Scientology with her, but she could have moved on.

I admire what she is doing so much!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This returned last night and I haven't watched my recording. Did anyone else catch it?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I have not watched yet; must catch up on DVR.I am interested in knowing if there have been any sightings of David Miscavage's wife, that is so weird.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Last night was spent mostly with two women who had been sexually abused as children, and apart from making the abuser apologise to cleanse himself, the church did nothing.

Although this is a story in the making, I'm getting inpatient for a conclusion. Or at least official charges against the church.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Marameko, I suspect his wife is buried on one of those vast properties where they hold these people captive

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kitt, that is not going to happen.. Any swift conclusion.

The power of this cult is rather immense.

I hope this can help bring them down in time.

I did watch tonight. So glad they went with the two young women to support them.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
I agree, looking for a quick conclusion isn't going to happen anytime soon.

What Leah is doing is chipping away at them bit by bit though. And I really do think it's working.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
What those two women (and countless others children/people) have gone through is horrendous! I find it hard to believe its gone on this long. Tom C and John T Kirstie A etc and their families must be kept far away from the abuses, otherwise they wouldn't be such strong supporters of this dangerous cult

After being raised in Scientology, that Leah could start to see the BS and question it is big. Even bigger that she left - taking her whole family with her. Props to her and tons of respect for her fight against Scientology

Mike Rinder - For owning all your wrongs, not making excuses, changing yourself so completely, and taking up the fight along side Leah - respect

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The more I learn about LRH, the more I think he was a nasty, corrupt, purely evil person. This is not a religion he founded, but a money machine. It's really criminal that they should be tax exempt. The only thing they're worshiping is the accumulation of millions of dollars. Disgusting.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
did all of her family leave, including her parents? That had to be a neat trick seeing that they have every one report on everyone else like in 1984, Hitler youth and Some soviet youth groups.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Interesting article:

Scientology draws dueling petitions involving Leah Remini, the IRS and change.org

"Two dueling online petitions have emerged since the Aug. 15 premiere: one calling for the Internal Revenue Service to investigate Scientology's tax exempt status. That one was launched by Jeffrey Augustine, Scientology researcher and husband of former Scientologist Karen de la Carriere, who served aboard the church's ship Apollo with founder L. Ron Hubbard.

The other, launched by a teenage Scientologist in India, calls for the cancellation of the series, alleging it is a "hate show" inciting violence."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/scientology-draws-dueling-petitions-involving-leah-remini-the-irs-and/2335272

Personally, I support the IRS investigation.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 3:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, I think it's more like a billion dollars.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping that in this case the IRS takes them down!

They are built on loads of money...let them fall by it

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sadies, yes, Leah's mother left with her.

That supposed teenaged Scientologist shouldn't even know about this show!

Those celebrity members are monitored.

Sadly, it is thought that Travolta may have been using Scientology methods which shut out mainstream medicine with his son and that could have contributed to the tragic death of his son.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oops, should have read first.. They are urging members to attack the show.. Probably without viewing it.

I know Leah's mom, husband and young daughter are out. Not aware of other family.

But David Miscavige, the leader, has family members who left.. Notably his father and his niece.

And his wife has mostly disappeared.

That was one of Leah's concerns, when Shelly Miscavige was not at Tom Cruise -Katie Holmes wedding.

Leah was good friends with Shelly and filed a missing person report.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The IRS tried to investigate Scientology many years ago, but they struck back by having individual members file lawsuits against the IRS, which were smothering them with court cases, lots of manpower, time & money. The IRS finally backed off. Scientology is vicious against anyone they view as a threat. David Miscavage is a madman, too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In one of the Q&A sessions aired recently, they had Steve Hassan

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Hassan

on the panel.

I went to an all day workshop with him, held in conjunction with a professional conference on trauma and dissociation.

He was with the Cult Awareness Network then

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_Awareness_Network

And had so much knowledge about cults. I remember one on the list was Narconon, part of Scientology.

So going to look that up.. I find that CAN is gone and Scientology bought the name and is now posing as them as the NEW CAN.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Cult_Awareness_Network

So shady and So typical of Scientology.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else hear that celebs like Travolta and Cruise have "Scientology monitors" that live with them?

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I can't think of the show that recently came out about an actor who belonged to a scientology like religion, but the actor reminded me of Tom Cruise. Oh! It's called 'The Arrangement.'
the handler to the main guy doesn't live with him but he and another lady from the church have keys to his house. I know it's a show but the similarities to Scientology is there.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Managers, nannies, handlers..

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I checked, Leah's sister left before she did, that was one of the problems, she did not want to lose contact with her sister and make her a suppressive enemy.

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
I just finished reading Leah's book Troublemaker. It's very enlightening. She details how her mom was introduced to the cult (a boyfriend) and what Leah and her sister went thru growing up in it. she covers a lot of ground right up to her and her family's escape and some of the aftermath. One of the interesting sections (one of many) is about Tom Cruise and how the public Tom is so drastically different from the private Tom. Not a nice person at all. And that he is the be all end all for the Powers that be in the cult. He can do no wrong and gets away with a lot of things that the "common" members are punished for. It's almost as if he was the head of it, though he's not.
It's a very interesting book. I actually listened to the audio version with Leah narrating. It was great hearing it in her own voice. I do caution though the language is rough. A lot of f bombs so if that bothers you this may not be the book for you. Otherwise I highly recommend the book, however you choose to read it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That doesn't surprise me about Cruise getting away with everything and not being a nice person at all. I remember hearing how he has a Scientology "tent" set up on every movie set so he can recruit (or try to bully) people to join. I knew he was an ass when he filed for divorce from Nicole Kidman after 9 years and 11 months so he wouldn't get caught up in the "10-year" clause in their pre-nup.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think the real Tom slips out now and then. I've never thought of him the same way after the way he treated Matt Lauer in their interview.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Tom is a pampered bully who's used to having his own way. He was terrible to both Matt Lauer and Brook Shields. And Nicole. I'll never forget the image of her crying in the wheelchair when they brought her out of the hospital after she miscarried their baby. And I don't think Tom was even there.

Every time they show LRH on this show, it makes my skin crawl. He was truly an evil man. Look how much destruction he's caused in so many lives!