TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 07, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Zoo (on CBS): Archive through September 07, 2016 users admin

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Monday, September 07, 2015 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
I am reading the book now. I am enjoying it, but sometimes have a hard time separating the book from the show.

I did have a giggle on page 217 (paperback version) when General Garcia said "All well and good," he said "But I believe, ladies and gentlemen, that it's time to get down to brass tacks.".

Looking forward to tomorrow's show!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
One of the funniest review of Zoo I have rad, I wanted to quote so much of it.

Cat trees and rat queens: 10 things that actually happened on the bonkers series Zoo

If you ever find yourself in a situation where you'd like to argue against the Golden Age of Television, though, may I suggest CBS's summer series Zoo?
We know Zoo is so painfully slow that when Renegade Zoologist Jackson Oz sighs, "Doesn't it feel like a hundred years since we were in Africa?" the answer is an exasperated, "Dear god, yes."
To make my mind-boggling decision to keep up with this show worth something, please enjoy this painstakingly crafted list of 10 things that have actually happened on the CBS summer series Zoo.*

The list is pretty funny and gif heavy.

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Friday, September 11, 2015 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
Just watched last Tuesday's show. One of the best yet. I think the relationship between Mitch and Jaimie is more believable than Cloe & Jackson. Something about the Cloe and Jackson thing just doesn't ring true to me. There hasn't been much development between the two of them (besides the first episode), while Mitch and Jaimie we've seen develop throughout the series.

For some reason I don't think there is going to be a second season. If they've found the cure, then what is next?

The book was good, not as exciting as I thought it would be, but a good read.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
such a let down, can't even laugh about it - such a cliff hanger, by next year I won't care.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ZOO, last summer’s #1 scripted series, returns for its second season with a special two-hour premiere, Tuesday, June 28 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) before moving to its regular Tuesday (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) time period July 5. In season two, the danger escalates as the animal mutation moves to phase two, and they begin attacking infrastructure and creating deadly environmental phenomena in an effort to make the planet uninhabitable. Also, the team discovers a shocking mutation that threatens the life of one of their own.

I got this from another board where a poster replied "oh, they will be acting like humans now" ha ha
but the original quote is from
CBS ANNOUNCES SUMMER PREMIERE DATES

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - Great observation!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Yes - they killed of the female lead - that may indicate this will not be renewed - I am sorry this show never lived up to the original promise in the cat tree, since then you have people hanging around with moles.
I have to admit completely cracking up into laughter when I saw the alligator in the sewer in Toronto - I guess Toronto is a bit like NY.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I don't believe she's dead for a second. She coughed a lot and then became still. No biggie, In a tv show where sloths can cause earthquakes through a newly developed low frequency howl, a woman breathing in a highly poisonous gas and surviving is child's play!:-)

Besides, this is not the kind of heavily emotional show where the two main leads finally say "I love you" and then one just up and dies five minutes later! These guys are like super heroes with powerful speculation abilities that are never wrong, and incredibly good luck as their super powers!

She'll be up and back to normal in the next episode....I'd bet money on it. Someone will likely get the poison neutralizer tank of gas to her just in the nick of time.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
OMG ~ I find this show so utterly ridiculous and yet I refuse to stop watching!

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I'm the same as you. I don't know why I am watching it.
Between this show and Braindead, which I find totally stupid, I was looking up at my vents for 2 days expecting ants or bugs to be coming out of them.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 1:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think people keep watching in hopes of another cat tree.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, I sure missed the mark on that one! She's dead. She's really really truly dead.

I'm actually happy that I was wrong...it was the opposite of what I predicted and I just love unpredictable.

But damn...they sure did milk it. They ended last week in the middle of her big death scene only to wait a week so she could take one last gasp of air before croaking out "Caratec"(sp?)!

Muffin

08-29-2007

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I thought of you when she came alive! I wasn't expecting her to die after that.
I DON'T like snakes, and watching that scene when they pull it out of the guys mouth, grossed me out completely. I wasn't quite sure how it got into him, and whether it came from that stuff in the soil.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that snake thing made no sense...they shed their skin in the orchard which winds up looking like bits of glass and that causes the trees to stop growing. And they leave bits of their "glass" in the water supply which poisons people? And they somehow come up out of the aquifer, get into the pipes and enter homes via the toilet and then somehow make their way into a person's body?

Did it go into that guy's butt when he was sitting on the toilet?

It's so unpredictable because it's so ridiculous! And yet, I can't stop watching. I think the reason people are drawn to it is the same reason they're drawn to "Sharknado" (It's so bad, it's good).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
PSA....Sharknado4 on July 31st...LMAO I love it.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Sharknado!! That's exactly what I was thinking this compared to as the polar bears ate the woman at the bus!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I noticed those polar bears ate her face first...just like Ramsey's dogs ate his face first in the season finale of Game of Thrones! How utterly satisfying. LOL

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
wow a gang of evil anti-venom collectors - that was so weird. is this a sign that pharma is basically crooks and gangs waiting in dark alleys?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Great news about Zoo being renewed for a season 3.

Zoo is the most outlandish thing on TV right now and it has become one of my guilty pleasures.

It's good to know that if someone ever needs a defibrillator but doesn't have one handy that two handfuls of mutant ants with electrical superpowers can do the job just as well.....as long as they don't die in the "sloth plane-quake" first!

rotflmao

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have it on to see what will be the next thing, but I don't watch it like Brain dead. That I stop and watch, zoo is "look up while doing other things".
My biggest regret was not taking notes so see how many times they contradict themselves. But, alas, I didnot do it at the start.

Here is the one thing that shocked (Shocked I say!!!) me this time it was when they had that little conversation about how the plane will be cleaned up even though they do not have the staff or crew, some how, some way it will be magically cleaned. I am not sure how to deal with that particular self awareness.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
really really!!! he is still alive! ugh a third year of sterile people and mutant animals and dead people walking again, is this turning into a zombie show?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I am assuming there was someone else hidden in the lab compound who showed up in the nick of time and shot the mutant animals and saved Mitch's life at the last second. Hey, that's more logical than electric ants and sloth-quakes!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I have to say that I found last night's episode the most entertaining yet, LOL! Not only did birds fly to other continents in a matter of hours but just their presence alone was enough to cure all the other animals. Amazing!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I was wondering if those birds would fly out a few miles and then come right back home...they were all (or almost all) pigeons! (I think most pigeons are born with the natural navigational ability to become homing pigeons.)

Yes it was hilarious that their mere presence was able to cure all the animals. Before I realized that was the case, I was wondering, "What now? Do the birds need to poop on everyone to cure them?" That would've been hysterical.

So now it's a decade later and no children have been born in all that time, but the world is now infested with mutant animals from the "mistake sector"? Gee, I hope next season we'll see some some flying alligators or lizard cats. :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Oh, I love the idea of flying alligators or even better ~ flying pigs! So many predictions online right now. Will Mitch come back as a cyborg?