TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Orange is the New Black: Season 5

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Orange is the New Black: Orange is the New Black: Season 5 users admin

Ariasmum

07-21-2006

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ariasmum a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched Season 5 yet? I don't like it at all. I keep hoping it will improve but I am giving up hope. I hate so many of the characters now that there are few left to like. All of the story lines are so ridiculous. Surely I am not alone.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought we had a thread for season 5 but cant find it.

I hated the 1st ep and watched the 2nd ep and didnt like how cruel they were but as the season went on it ended up being my fav of the series. There are still things that happen that I wish played out differently and some storylines were just an afterthought for the writers but overall I liked it

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think we talked about season 5 in the generic thread for Orange is the new black.
I found this season to be fairly weak overall. I was disappointed in many aspects of it. I thought it lacked the spark and humor of previous seasons.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
What I liked is it seemed like it was more of a true ensemble. We got to see more of how some of the lesser characters are. For instance, I love Freida!! Less Piper & Alex, which is fine with me.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I actually missed Piper! Ha! I didn't like her much at first, but I missed her now. That's funny.
I also missed the character background stories. It felt like there were fewer of those this season. And that they provided less insight into the characters. I'm all in for season 6, but I'm hoping they get back on track. This felt like they were trying too hard to make a social statement and lost sight of the humor of the original seasons. Plus the torture and such just got too dark. And I like dark! but not for this show.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Guess what drops this week ORANGE !!!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wahooo!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
This season my husband had enough. I ended up watching it to the end. It was not a very good season. Every show goes through seasons like that. I will check out season 6 and see where it takes us.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Binge completed.......I give this season a B, final episode an A.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
just starting, loving ep 1 waayyy better than ep 1 last season. The actress that plays Suzanne deserves 10 emmys!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm about halfway through this new season. So far so good. A few characters are gone or rarely seen but there's a new crop as well. I quickly recognized Amanda Fuller (last Man Standing) but it took me awhile to place Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time). The other actors are all new to me but doing a great job!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I likediti, I thought eps 8 and 9 were a little slow but the last few eps picked up the pace

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
With the exception of the character "Badison", I really enjoyed this season and the conclusion of it. They could end the series right here and I would be good with it. So much happened, both good and bad, but I especially enjoyed the growth in the relationship between Caputo and Figueroa.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Badison was not a lovable character,I am ready for the next season.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, August 27, 2018 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
REALLY liked this season. New characters were great additions. Badison - YUK!! not my fav but a character you love to hate!

I really felt bad for Blanca when she got out and was whisked away by ICE. I thought Diablo wasn't going to be there for her but there he was... sad :-(

I like the new girl, they call her Daddy... she was the pimp, now drug dealer. I just read this was her first acting job, she was a finalist on the Voice from years ago. Impressive

I liked seeing Mackenzie Phillips. She was a surprise to me. a good surprise.

Lots of characters that we barely saw or some not at all...

I love Caputo so much so I really liked seeing his relationship with figueroa too Kappy

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 27, 2018 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree with everything you said!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I missed Big Boo this season. I was hoping that Badison would meet an interesting demise. The actress that plays Tasty should be nominated for an Emmy for that story line.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
"I was hoping that Badison would meet an interesting demise."
That was stated ever so politely ! And ITA.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I agree Lakecat. She is brilliant as Tasty, would love to see her nominated.

I missed Boo and Soso.

Heres a list of all the missing ones.
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/feature/g25351/orange-is-the-new-black-season-6-cast-missing-characters/?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks cinnamon, I forgot about some of those girls.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: