TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Midnight Texas

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Midnight Texas users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 28, 2017Roteach25 08-28-17  7:47 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Just as I predicted, Chuy is of the demonic persuasion.

I like Breeda Wool who played the angel with anger issues. She was on Unreal & Mr. Mercedes.

Surely no one was the tiniest bit surprised last week that Creek's brother was the killer.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
LoL... I was totally surprised about Creek's brother. Totally! well, I did figure it out a minute before the group did, but not any sooner.

Poor Manfred.

I'm so glad that Joe has finally shared his whole story w/ the others. Hopefully, he'll now play a bigger role in the episodes. I certainly won't mind seeing more of Joe. :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Next week is the season finale. I sure hope this show gets picked up for another season, but I don't have high hopes. If NBC really believed in it, they would have put it on during the regular season and not as a summer show. I'm going to be sad if this is canceled.

The books were total fun. There were only three in the series, and I read them all three in about a week. Probably could have done it in a day or two if I didn't have other things to do.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I liked this show as I found most of the characters to be interesting. I did think the finale seemed a bit rushed for some reason.
I hope they have another season, it was set up for further stories.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I liked the show okay, but all in all, it was disappointing because I expected more from the writer of True Blood. I think more humor would have helped a lot. Every scene had folks being super serious and the only real humor were the few seconds of the tiger being distracted by the laser light and the cat having a southern accent. True Blood was filled with humor so I expected to see some of this attitude in MT. People displaying humor even in a dark situation is a way to humanize the characters.

I blame broadcast TV...they all seem to want to tone everything down so they gave us a toned down version of an over-the-top premise.

I'll keep watching if it comes back, but it's not one I'll be yearning to see for the next year.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree Sanfranjoshfan, a dose of humor would be a nice addition to Midnight Texas.

I have never read or seen any other shows associated with Ms. Harris.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the shiw yet and haven't read the Midnight series, though I do have the first book in my TBR pile. So I can't day for sure about the series yet.

But, Manfred was a minor character in Harris' Harper Connelley series and that one is really dark. Sookie had humor, but I don't remember that at all from the Harper series. Manfred was the only bit of lightness in that series and even he was a bit grim by the end of that series.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I have never read or seen any other shows associated with Ms. Harris."

Sugar, find and watch True Blood. You owe it to yourself. I guarantee that if you liked Midnight Texas, you will absolutely LOVE True Blood! It's a similar theme with vamps and werewolves and other supernatural beings but it has a lot more heart and it keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout every episode! You will laugh, You will cry. You will scream. It's a real roller coaster of a ride. :-)

The creator of True Blood was Alan Ball who did Six Feet Under.

"Sookie had humor, but I don't remember that at all from the Harper series."

Wargod, I'm thinking now that maybe it was Alan Ball and being on HBO that made the difference. I will admit I have read none of the books of either show so I shouldn't be blaming Charlaine Harris (although she did have writing credits for both series). It's the producer that decides the direction of a series.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
It could have been more Ball's doing than Harris. After I posted I got to thinking about a couple othrr series she's written, and though its been deveral years since I read them, I don't remember them being all that funny or light. In fact, out of the four series I have read, the Sookie series is tge only one I'd say had funny, light hesrted moments and weren't real dark all the time. And the tv show did have more humor/lighter moments than the books.

Heh, and I like dark urban fantasy/paranormal stories, but the best always have a touch of humor or lightness to break up the darkness somewhat.

Van

08-29-2017

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Van a private message Print Post    
Show was ok but I think some of the acting was not good. The angel (Joe), Fiji & Bobo, horrible acting.

Some of the script was very cheesy. Makes me miss Grimm!

I love the main character, Manfred, & I like the vampire character, Lemuel & Olivia.

I will watch the 2nd season, if there is one.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought Sarah Ramos was horribly miscast as Creek. She was much younger in the books (16, I think), but Ramos just seemed so stiff and not very likable in this.

I loved the talking cat, Mr. Snuggly, but hated the voice they gave him. In the books when he started talking, they always described him as having a "small voice," so I thought it would be higher. It just didn't seem to fit him.

Luvstarzz35

08-21-2008

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvstarzz35 a private message Print Post    
The second season starts this Friday!!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 5:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Yippee!! I've been wondering what happened to it, since it premiered in Aug last year, I think. I get it now, though, it's a kind of Halloween-ish show, so October is a good start date.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yay!!! Have been looking forward to this one!!!

Luvstarzz35

08-21-2008

Sunday, November 11, 2018 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvstarzz35 a private message Print Post    
I’ve only watched the first episode of this new season. Not sure how I feel about it. But, I did like the storyline leading to Creek’s exit from the show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ugh! I finally got around to watching my recording of Midnight Texas and found out that NBC news broke in at about the 20 minute mark to announce that President Bush died. They stayed on for 20 minutes or so, then went back to the show. How am I supposed to make sense of my show when 20 minutes are missing!!

Network news is really an anachronism anyway. I already knew 20 minutes before they announced it that he'd died, cause I saw it on the Internet. Couldn't they have waited till 11:00??? So annoying.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 03, 2018 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, I was able to watch it on Hulu. Crisis averted.

Just to be clear, I have nothing but respect for George HW Bush and am sorry to hear of his passing, but I was pretty annoyed that they would take 20 minutes out of my show, when they could have just broken into a commercial and said, "Former President passes. More at 11:00."

Luvstarzz35

08-21-2008

Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvstarzz35 a private message Print Post    
I’m glad you got to watch! So, have you finished the whole season? I loved it!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed this show very much, but unfortunately it has been canceled. I understand they're shopping for another network, so all is not lost. They finally got rid of all the annoying characters, and then they get canceled. Ugh!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: