TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 13, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downward Dog: Archive through June 13, 2017 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I love this show.

The dog is a natural actor.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I teared up more than I laughed... hope it gets a bit more funny without being slapstick-y and over the top. Realistic is good... which is think best defines this show.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was cute, but I am not sure where they will go with in the in the future. The dog is adorable though.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
The part where he commented about how they used to go on "actual" walks... and now she just lets him out in his penitentiary back yard to pee and it's supposed be suffice... I got a case of the guilts and looked over at my dog... who just happened to be watching the tv at that time...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, Casscat....hope you are out for a walk now, hahahahahaha.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The dog acts so natural. You don't see him looking for some out of camera range guy giving directions.

He just acted like a typical dog when he chewed on that branch in the back yard.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I felt vindicated when he said that she leaves him alone during day while she's out driving around in the car... I could hold my head high because we take our dog (Sammy) to my mom's house during the day... so he's not home alone all day.

and no... I haven't walked my dog since I watched the show last night.

I like the hate/hate relationship between Martin the dog and the neighborhood cat.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Casscat.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I loved the juxtaposition of the bog's POV vs real life. The fact that Martin assumed she was just out driving her car all day (feeling the wind on her face from the car's open window) because he saw her leave in the car and return in the same car hours later was hysterical.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It really is a cute show. I love the actress in it. I've seen her in a few things, but I think my fav was her role in the first season of Fargo.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Oh, I forgot how clumsy he looked when he was trying to catch the ball. Ha ha ha

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Nan sounds like Ellen.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they just shot a lot of footage of Martin and then edited and worked it in to their story. It really didn't look like he was taking any cues or direction from a trainer. They also did a great job imo making his mouth move. I really loved the idea of the show and his perspective and observations. Several things in it made me have a Geary moment. It was a funny little afterbit during the credits with the cat nightmare.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Another good show last night.

Martin is a very talented actor.

Martin is right, you don't have to be able to catch a ball to be a smart dog.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I agree... I really enjoy this show. Usually watch it with my dog next to me on the couch... I've caught him watching a couple of times...

When Martin was fed the different dinner last night I cringed and thought... not my dog... he'd have tummy troubles for sure... then Nan voiced the same concerns!!! And YES the aftermath that Martin experienced is exactly what happens... Reason why I got rid of carpet in my house and replaced with hardwood... much easier to clean-disinfect!!!

I felt so bad for the dog Hunter... the guy leaves the house and his last command was STAY... and the dog didn't move from his spot all night. How sad for Hunter...

So since this is a new show, that I like... I expect it to be cancelled. Hope I'm wrong.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Dang, I missed this.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
You should be able to watch it On Demand or on Hulu.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I finally caught it and I loved it! I felt bad for Hunter too Casscat, it made me mad that he left his dog that way.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Puppy Martin is so adorable.

He thinks he is a trash dog.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I love how Martin thinks Nan is a "Fancy Lady", but he's just a trash dog. LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, Trash Dog, how hysterical.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
What was the music from when Martin was digging into the trash? I can't place the movie, but am sure it's relevant.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Jason and Martin are one and the same.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was worried whether he would make it back home, so thank heavens for that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
60% compatible at best, LOL.