TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 22, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Fight: Archive through February 22, 2017 users admin

Missyb

07-28-2004

Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch this on CBS all access??? Pleasantly surprised. First episode is great. Lots of potential.
Two episodes are available for viewing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Missyb, do you have to have watched the Good Wife in order to understand what is going on?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I love Christine Baranski and the rest of the cast is pretty darn great as well. The first episode was strong and no, I don't think you have to have watched The Goodwife to enjoy it.

That said, I will not pay to watch any show on CBS. I actually hope a 'real' cable channel picks it up because Baranski is worth it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I popped over a watched a bit, but because I will not pay for CBS ALL Access until BB didn't watch the whole thing.

I have to say I was dying laughing at their firm's ridiculously long name, that was hysterical.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, February 20, 2017 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Dipo, no you do not need to have watched the good wife to watch this show. Some references to characters but not reAlly pertinent . I watched the second episode online. So far so good.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, February 20, 2017 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Here's one of my favorite songs with Christine Baranski from the movie Chicago. She's been wonderful in everything I've ever seen her in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9dFKRZ8EbU

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 20, 2017 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
will it be on regular CBS?

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, February 20, 2017 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
No, Pam, just the first episode to "tease" you. Future episodes will be available through CBS all Access. Episode two is already up.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, February 20, 2017 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'll wait for DD the librarian to bring it home when it appears there.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 20, 2017 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Is All Access something you have to pay for?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 20, 2017 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
yes

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 20, 2017 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh ok ty!

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Monday, February 20, 2017 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
that stinks....

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, February 20, 2017 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
For Canadians: Good Wife spinoff The Good Fight is coming to W Network.The series will debut Sunday, Feb. 19 at 8 p.m. on both W and Global TV, with future episodes airing exclusively on W.

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2017/02/08/the-good-fight-to-air-on-w-network.html

This one has promise. The first show was really, really good.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 20, 2017 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh I might watch it then. Thanks Strategist! :-)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I would watch it too if it continues on W Network, I think CBS All Access is a good way to kill off an interesting spin off like The Good Fight, since people who don't want that channel may just give up on the show. However, I checked for the next two weeks there is no sign of a second episode airing on W Network, maybe much later (they won't allow W Network to compete with CBS All Access) so soon, but maybe in about 2 or three months it will come back in Canada.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The first episode aired on the CBS netwrok, but a second episode was not on the schedule. It's like drugs...the first hit is free but after that you have to pay.

The new Star Trek series is also going to be on CBS Access....it starts in May I believe. :-(

I just hope they will air both Good Fight and the new Star Trek on the regular CBS broadcast network...eventually. If they don't, I think they're just shooting themselves in the foot by passing up a huge ratings demographic, TV-only viewers.

Hmmmm...then again, if their target audience is Millennials, they might do just fine without utilizing broadcast TV at all because the internet is a direct portal to the Millennial demographic.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The problem is that CBS Access is a pay service and all these separate fragmented pay services add up.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Right, I have never had cable or satellite. Never paid for TV until now . . . I stream. The viewing choices I never had before! I am paying for Netflix, Amazon video (annual $99 goes for a lot of other stuff too), HBO Now, Hulu (commercial free), Showtime, Acorn TV, and CBS All Access. I think that's it. There are good free streaming apps too.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
These various pay streaming services do add up, but there's this whole "cut the cord" trend going on. Busy people could probably save a lot of money by dropping cable and then signing up for Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime....and they can watch their shows anytime, any place, any device.

All the broadcast channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and The CW) are in full 1080p HD over the air and you can get them just using rabbit ears.

Awhile back I took a cab to go to the Comcast office to return a cable box. The driver (a 20-something millennial) asked me why I use comcast....he said he hasn't turned on his television in 4 years because he gets everything he wants online.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ONe thing I don't understand is wanting to watch TV on a small screen...why bother with a big TV if you are going to stream on a laptop/tablet/phone?

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I'm with you on that one! I bought an HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the TV so I can watch internet shows without needing glasses.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it very much, as good, if not better, than The Goodwife so far.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I have a roof antenna so all my tv is free...lots and lots of channels. That and my computer pretty much take care of my vewing.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
ONe thing I don't understand is wanting to watch TV on a small screen...why bother with a big TV if you are going to stream on a laptop/tablet/phone?

I absolutely agree with you there, Dipo. But with Amazon Fire TV or a Smart TV, you can stream thru your big screen. I have both and love it!