TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 06, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: DESIGNATED SURVIVOR: Archive through December 06, 2016 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, October 14, 2016 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It' good to see our 'Jack' back in action. This is the best show to come down the pike in ages. So well written, smart and keeps us on our toes.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
any guessess on what room 105 is about?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Is that the same room in the basement where the space-ant-people were plotting to take over the world on BrainDead??:-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Sanfran, Im reading your sentence and thinking I dont remember any space ant people! then realized you were referring to a different show LOL

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 4:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Wife and I were discussing the Room 105 hint. About the only building we could eliminate was the Pentagon which has a very complicated numbering system and nothing that simple. We figure it could be a room in the Capitol building or maybe the House or Senate Office buildings. Could be where the bomb was hidden or be an office belonging to or with a connection to a potential insider/plotter.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It just now occurred to me why I like this show so much. It's an old fashioned 'who-done-it'. Just my kind of mystery.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
IF they are using a real life room number, then Room 105 doesnt make sense for the Capitol Building or any of House or Senate buildings - since virtually all of them have letters attached to the room number (to identify either the wing or actual building)....

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Good info Legalboxer. Pentagon is the same way. Numbering system is first the floor, then ring, then corridor, then room. My office was 1E667 which meant 1st floor, E ring, 6th corridor, and finally the exact room. Once you learned the layout it was actually very easy to navigate. Your IF is a good point though and it could be any building with just a made up number.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Is that the same room in the basement where the space-ant-people were plotting to take over the world on BrainDead??:-)

SFJF, I immediately thought of that, too!!! Great minds . . .

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Well after all Room 105 was an "office" in the Capitol. Probably doesn't match with the real office numbering system, call it poetic license on the writers' part. Had that happen in the Pentagon 25 +/- years ago. Some "alien invasion" show came up with an office in the Pentagon that wasn't there. Closest space to the office number they used was a janitor closet about the size of an old phone booth.

Have to say we didn't think this particular show was all that good. Almost like they tried to cover too many story lines simultaneously and for us it led to a choppy story line.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The fact that there would be a space in the building used as a shield against a bomb attack doesn't surprise me but that it was recently built it's another fact. Clearly the survivor needs to be investigated further, and the president wants to make him vice-president? Where is his good instinct he was showing at the beginning of the show? The FBI is now certain the survivor was involved and yet they are unable to say anything to the President? Why? This isn't the FBI we see in other shows...

The mission was also a bit mysterious, was the mission commander hurt in the crash caused by the sandstorm or did he just conveniently leave his men to fend for themselves because someone ordered him to fail the mission? Conspiracy theories ran amok in my head...

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
This is what I wrote to my DD...and her reply:

I'D LIKE TO COME UPSIDE THAT CONGRESSMAN'S HEAD WITH ONE OF OUR CAST IRON SKILLETS. I STILL THINK IT'S A TAKEOVER OF THE US BY THOSE SNEAKY CANADIANS. ANYWAY, THAT'S WHAT I TOLD MY CANADIAN FRIENDS.

Don't ever turn your back on a Canadian!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I told my hubby that this show is taking too long to tell the story and he said yeah, it is moving slow. My hubby is VERY patient with shows so for him to say that surprised me. We came to the conclusion that were unfairly expecting Jack Bauer like action. In the end we deleted it last night. I said I will just read here whats going on.

Now, to get him to watch This is Us with me!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I gave up on this show two weeks ago.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"We came to the conclusion that were unfairly expecting Jack Bauer like action."

I read an article somewhere before this show started that said something like Kiefer Sutherland's character is a far cry from "Jack Baur", that he will not be the action hero some may expect....but that his character will be a thoughtful, reasonable man who suddenly finds the presidency thrust upon him in a time of crisis.

I enjoy this show because he isn't a Jack Bauer type character and the show is not a nonstop action show like "24". I got tired of "24" (I didn't even watch the last couple of seasons), but The Designated Survivor is a fairly unique set up for a TV show.

Lots of other shows (especially on The CW) have "Jack Bauer" type characters, only they wear masks and capes and have special powers and secret identities. (Jack Bauer's superpower was being able to get from one end of L.A. to the other and back again while taking time out to kill hundreds of bad guys and disarm a couple of bombs along the way.....all within one hour each week.) :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes that guy could travel!

It is an adjustment watching him play a very different character but I'm enjoying the show. I find a lot of shows move the story forward too quickly these days.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
We never watched 24 so we don't have that issue. My husband and I don't tend to have the same taste in tv, but we are enjoying watching this show together.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I do like the characters on this show and want to know what happens. I just want the cliff notes lol

Other shows I want to watch over again like This is Us and Walking dead

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm in the patient-viewer column... because I really like this show. I don't think we've been given a timeline... so I'm not sure how much time has elapsed since the bombing... but I saw the President's analog watch and the date read "12"... and the SOTU address is in January... so I'm guessing it's now February. Considering everything that happened... the show is moving right along... not sure what everyone's expectations were for this show.

For me it's showing the government slowly get up and running... Governors appointing Senators, etc. The shows not running at a rapid pace because what they are depicting can not be done rapidly...

I really like the thoughtful approach this show is giving us... seems more realistic to me...

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I also think it's moving along just fine and for one moment I was reminded of the similarity with this new president Trump, who is considered and 'outsider' by his own party, and makes me wonder if Trump too will be ready to step down because of the others' rejection of him. But while it is understandable that a 'designated survivor' was not elected by the people and so more easily rebuffed by whoever doesn't like him, Trump was elected and if they make him uncomfortable or push him around the way it's happening with the 'designated survivor' I wonder what could happen. So, I'm glad that this is just a show, but some scenarios are intriguing...

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, November 25, 2016 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I gave up on this show. I think it is a great show and what's not to love about Keifer but I can't take the unrelenting stress of the show. Even the NCIS shows have a bit of levity in them.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure the writers could inject a bit of levity into this show... the subject is just too serious... IMHO that is.

When they announced the winter break coming after this week's episode I said to myself I sure hope they "GIVE US SOMETHING"! Meaning... please let us see some progress with finding out who was responsible for bombing. I want them to get the FBI Director cleared and his son returned.

Looks like the female Representative is going to be a nasty-evil character... and the Representative vying to be VP might not be a baddie.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I've deleted this show from my schedule. It gives me anxiety and I wasn't really enjoying it. So hope y'all enjoy it for me. I really wanted to be invested in it, it's a stellar cast, but I am going through some stuff right now and anxiety is the last thing I need.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I didn't think the FBI director would do it but I guess the safety of his son was more important to him than his arrest and the blame. I think however there were several ways to free his son, the powerful FBI should have been able to free his son. If they keep up with these weak plot ideas, I'll give up on this show.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Given the choice he had... well... he had no choice. Unless he wanted to effectively kill his son.

That's the problem with people in powerful positions... I think they can easily be manipulated into doing things they would not think of doing under normal circumstances.

I still like this show... but I find it depressing. I will continue to watch but sometimes I let 2-3 pile up before watching...