TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Emerald City

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Emerald City users admin

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I did a search before adding this thread and only found a couple mentions asking if anyone is watching this.

I have enjoyed this show and am surprised there were only 10 episodes to the first season. I went to IMDB.com to see if any more would show up and nope.

I hope everyone who watched this show enjoyed it as much as I did.

I haven't heard if there will be a second season...as a matter of fact I haven't heard anything about this show. Anyone else know of anything?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I loved it as well. It was nothing like the old Wizard of Oz movie or like Wicked. I liked seeing their take on the central characters in this re-make. I especially liked the winged monkey drones. I *think* that I had read that there was going to be a second season.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I found this link to the shows status:

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/emerald-city/

It had been cancelled before it was even out for everyone to see. Now I think they have changed their minds?? Since I liked the show lets hope :-)

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Keeping my fighers crossed. I want to see how the war goes along.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed it.

I also loved that they filmed some of it in Barcelona. (link to list of locations

I visited Spain in 1990 and I spent almost a week in Barcelona. I loved Parque Guell! It was a park designed by Gaudi and it had to be the most whimsical place I have ever seen. That top platform of one of the main structures overlooks some of the city and beyond that, the Mediterranean.

They used Parque Guell for many of the outside Palace scenes and I recognized it immediately. I'm not sure if any of the Palace's indoor scenes were real, but they did match the style of the park perfectly. It was the ideal location to use for the palace of a Wizard. I'd bet that if one had never seen pictures of that park, it might've been assumed that all of those Palace scenes were simply Hollywood sets and cgi! Nope...mostly real!

Here's a link to Google results for photos of Parque Guell:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Parque+Guell,+Gracia,+Barcelona&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiistmj3czSAhUJ6WMKHWmrDxwQ_AUICCgB&biw=865&bih=613

Here's a walkway I've been on and that they used on Emerald City, but I had previously seen it used on the finale of "America's Next Top Model" many seasons ago....they used it for the final catwalk.

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/d57f8a0f7f494fd19684682ff0651c21/park-gell-grcia-barcelona-catalonia-spain-fy3frd.jpg

And here is that ANTM final catwalk:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20zu7_america-s-next-top-model-cycle-7-fi_fun
-----

Aside from the sets and costumes, I really enjoyed this series. The story was great and believe it or not, it was unpredictable! That's something I never thought I'd say about an adaptation of the Wizard of Oz!

I'd read that EC was much more for adults than the original Wizard of Oz was. That was the main reason I checked it out....I'd assumed it would be yet another "Once Upon a Time" clone, but it definitely wasn't. It was much darker and it had a lot of death and destruction and even "Glinda the good witch" was was the kind of witch that starts with a "b" instead of a "w").

It was great the way they created the characters of Scarecrow, the Tin Man, and the Cowardly Lion....and the ruby slippers were more like ruby gloves!

All in all, this series was a great ride....and the ending seemed a bit like a series finale until the last few minutes. They totally finished a "first chapter of their story" but also left it open for a second chapter. Fingers crossed.

I highly recommend it!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Just got off work and read what you knew of this show Sanfran :-) I really liked Emerald City a lot and it was done really well. I will be checking out your links when I get up.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Wow I do know those places from the show. I see where Todo hid in the bushes when the Father found them.

You were there that must of been some trip you took. Beautiful!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it was beautiful in Barcelona. When I was watching Emerald City memories of that day at Parque Guell came whooshing back and made me want to go back!

I really do hope they decide to renew it for at least one more season.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
From some of the searches I did it made it seem there should be more. Fingers crossed that was a good show.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: