TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Twin Peaks

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Twin Peaks users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Twin peaks is being revived May 21st on Showtime. It is a continuation. It's a limited 18 eps.

I was working night hours when it first came out so I never saw it, but since Showtime has been showing the orignal series and post season movie, I thought I would binge it. I'm just going paste in my post from the general thread.

--

I had posted earlier in March that I was binging the old Twin Peaks and the post series movie (on Showtime) to get ready for the revival series that is coming up.

I just have to say the series was fun for the first season, and about 3 or 4 eps into the second season, but then it all turned to un-enjoyable crap, including the post series movie. I can straight up see why it cancelled. It was bad.

The weird thing is now I am more curious to see the revival. Because I don't know what there was to revive.
----

Is anybody else looking forward to it?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch it the first time around, so.. considering that there are TONS of shows I'm trying to watch and I'm busy.. no.

When did it originally run? I'm guessing it was during I time when I wasn't watching much tv at all.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, it ran for 2 season in 1990 and 1991. Season 1 consisted of 8 eps, and season 2 had 20-something eps. Plus a movie after it was cancelled.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think I was super busy at work at that time AND putting in tons of hours on rape crisis hotline, going to the er with women and co facilitating support groups, plus doing lots of training.

I know I had a VCR and tv and all..

All I remember is something about a log lady. I think.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I was obsessed with this! Bought Laura Palmer's diary and all sorts of things. The second season did go off the rails. But looking forward to this!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Bbpeach, since it all seemed so twisted and confusing to me at the end, how would you describe how the first series left off and what you think the next series should start with?

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
It's been so long since I've seen it, but if I remember right didn't Cooper kinda go nuts after going into the red room or whatever they called it with the little dancing guy & Laura? I need to binge watch to refresh my memory.

As for where it's going, I don't really know. I sort just figured there would be another murder, maybe Laura's cousin (can't remember her name) or Donna's child? I'm guessing it is 25 years later in the story? Even Audrey's child? Cooper just getting out of the mental hospital to help with the investigation, something along that line. I have no idea really!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The whole thing made no sense to me toward the end. It seems like a blurred and bungled nightmare.

And the scene with the little person and the red room....I call that "The scene that never wanted to end"! It went on and on and on.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 13, 2017 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I had no idea until today that there was a chain of restaurants called "Twin Peaks". I saw one just off the highway on the way to my doc appt. On the front of the building it even has the same two huge mountains peaks like on the welcome sign to the town.

I guess it's supposed to be like a combination of Hooters and Chili's.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
There's a gay bar called Twin Peaks right on the corner of Castro and 17th St here in San Francisco. It's a historic landmark. :-)

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Twin-Peaks-Tavern-gay-bar-historic-landmark-4208442.php

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just have to say the series was fun for the first season, and about 3 or 4 eps into the second season, but then it all turned to un-enjoyable crap, including the post series movie. I can straight up see why it cancelled. It was bad.

Naja, 100% agree with you. This is exactly how I felt about the original series and almost word for word what I've told people about it since then.

I'm about 10 minutes into the 1st episode and am starting to feel the same sense of confusion and "what's the point of it all?" Should I stick with it, or is this remake the same self-indulgent, incomprehensible crap as Season 2 of the original series?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I remember watching the first season of TP and being absolutely fascinated with it but then it started getting super weird and confusing on me so I gave up on the show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I had accidentally posted this in the premieres thread.

----

I watched the premiere of the new "Twin Peaks", and I felt like I had to suffer through it. It had way too much of the two things I hated most about the original show. The Red Room and the slow backward talkers.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Hmmm.... did you brush up on old Twin Peaks episodes first? I have a morbid curiosity about the reboot. I loved, loved, loved the original. I have the book and the CD, etc. etc. So I'd like to give this one a chance. Not sure if I need to go watch a few old eps first. I suppose that would help. I saw an article that listed which ones to watch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just binged the the original last month or the month before. I had posted about it in another thread. The introduction of all the red room and portal stuff is when the show went downhill. I see why it was cancelled. Season 1 was great, season 2 stunk.

eta: I see it's actually a few posts up where I posted that I binged it a couple months ago.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Absolutely agree with you, Naja. Loved Season 1, but it went downhill with the dancing dwarf, etc. Think I'll give this a pass.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: