TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 27, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: 2017 Academy Awards/Oscars: Archive through February 27, 2017 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I bet it was Putin and the Russians interfering with our movies!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
BTW, how hot of a figure does Faye Dunaway have? And she's 76!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On Twitter @Nightline tweeted a picture of Warren Beatty's hands holding the envelope and the Envelope says on the outside "ACTRESS IN A :EADING ROLE"

(and Jimmy Kimmel just said that, too).

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And that's just what Warren said happened.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I've gone through the opening Justin Timberlake thing twice and I am having trouble spotting where the dancer was hit in the head. Would someone be so kind as describe when this happens?

Also, Timberlake is anything but egotistical. That angry face he was making at the end was part of a bit between him and Kimmel. Justin may be one of the sweetest boy band offspring there is. If you have ever seen him host SNL, you know he is one funny guy.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Not every person on earth is a Timberlake fan but it was obvious that the audience thoroughly enjoyed him so that's all that matters.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm not a Timberlake fan....LOL
I was just pointing out that I know he's a good guy. He just happens to cross over on to shows I watch, so I am very familiar with him.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It was later in the show. An actress was singing the song from Moana -is that an animated film? Any way, a dancer accidentally hit her with a fake "wave" but she continued singing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 12:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ohhh. ok. I thought it was in the beginning. I'll look in the morning. Thanks!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 12:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol, Naja. I'm the only one in my family who cannot stand Timberlake on SNL. I have no idea why I have such a negative reaction to him because everyone else loves him. It's just a strange quirk on my part.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Only watched the first half hour or so last night so just catching up. Press seems to be blaming Warren since he looks like he figured it out and still let Faye read it out.

Kappy, I don't share the reaction to JT himself but I sure don't get the adoration he gets for his musical abilities. I do think he is a good actor though.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
That was one of the best Oscar show I've even seen.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I agree OG. It was a terrific quick moving show right up until the awkward snafu at the end. My favorite thing was the tour bus.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was very good show and Jimmy Kimmel did a great job hosting. Relaxed, funny, current and very in control.

With respect to Warren Beatty, I think he was showing the results card to Faye Dunaway and about to ask her what they should do and she got impatient with him and she blurted it out. At least he stayed there and tried to explain. She just vanished.

Anyway, it was the accountants' mistake that started it all. They pay them to get this right and they gave them the wrong card.

It's a shame that happened but it's not like someone died. It was a good show and a great win for Moonlight.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Even though I stopped watching right away after announcing La La won best movie (just couldn't stand the stupidity anymore) and so I couldn't see the correction that Moonlight actually won best picture and only saw it on the morning news, but I wasn't surprised that Moonlight won, and I wasn't surprised at all to see so many black actors win this year, always thinking they were trying hard to forget the fiasco of a year ago when they were totally ignored.
So I missed the only 'action' of the night and just too glad to watch something else while taping the show so that I could watch it on fast forward mode...
I'm just glad the actors didn't get 'too political', I couldn't have stomached that.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I thought Jimmie did a good job and it was a fun show. Regarding my comment on Justin T. I don't like or dislike him. I just thought his expression was very odd at the end of his singing.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Well I think everyone in the world should be a Justin Timberlake fan! LOL He is the total package of talent.

It was an enjoyable show. I thought Jimmy was very good. He kept it moving. There were some good bits. I do enjoy his "feud" with Matt Damon.

And I think that Warren and Faye should come back every year! BTW, Faye looked wonderful.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
"not like someone died"

actually they put up a picture during the IN Memoriam segment of someone who is alive......

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
DD just saw that there were two sets of envelopes...one on each side of the stage that are held by someone from the accounting firm. Now I understand where the second Emma Stone came from.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Who was that Keldogg?

I am in the 'everyone should be a JT fan' camp! LOL
Lazy, his expression was due to Jimmy Kimmel was supposed to catch the mic when he threw it to him. He was kind of mocking mad.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
The person who died was named Janet Patterson who was a costume designer. The picture used was of Jan Hartman, a producer. Unfortunately the two women were friends, and the "live" woman was very distressed that her picture was used with her friends name.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sugar.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I love Justin, talented and funny.

I feel bad for Warren, it wasnt his error yet many of the headlines have him as part of the epic fail, esp on Twitter last night. He actually was doing the right thing by hesitating.

Jimmy Kimmel was a great host, so quick on the wit..I roared when he said Itt's Steve Harvey's fault!!! then I was thinking you know who is the happiest person alive right now? Steve Harvey! this tops his blunder LOL

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I feel bad for Warren too. You could tell he knew something was wrong and showed it to Faye and she was impatient and just blurted out name of the picture she saw on the card. Warren at least stuck around.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Exactly. He knew it didn't make sense, he showed her the card, she thought he was being foolish and she was impatient, didn't realize it was the wrong card and blurted it out. She announced it, not him. Then she vanished and he waited around and took the heat, with Jimmy trying to take some of the pressure off and make the best of it.

Jimmy was great as a host!