TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Good Fight

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Fight users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through February 22, 2017Babyjaxmom25 02-22-17  10:49 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I bought an HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the TV so I can watch internet shows without needing glasses."

My iMac has a built in screen, plus a digital port to connect a second monitor. The iMac is located in the room right next to my living room, about 9-10 feet away from my 46" flat screen. I got a VGA cable and connected the iMac to the TV.(The cable has to cross a door threshold so I put a small rug over it.) Then I got a wireless keyboard and trackpad for the living room.

Now I can access my iMac from either the back room or the living room using my TV as the monitor. Any video I can watch on my iMac, including anything streaming from any web site, I can watch on my TV from my recliner!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
You can add a Roku or Chromecast streaming stick to have wireless Netflix and such on your TV.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Or in Sanfran's situation he could also mirror his computer to the TV using Apple TV.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Another good episode is up on CBS all access.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, how about that???? Just before the end of the Oscars I noticed a blur announcing "watch The Good Fight tonight at 10 pm on Global" but it was on the W Network and at 11 pm my time and so I was surprised the second episode aired last night thinking they would make me wait months to see it. It's still on my pvr and will take my sweet time to watch it but so glad I have it.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I liked the second episode but it was longer than the usual hour on the tv guide and missed the ending. The third episode started okay with the surgeon trying to assist via Skype a surgery taking place in Syria but then accused of collaborating with terrorists. Okey, dokey... I said, nowadays it's all about that stuff anyway, but then I was totally turned off when the lawyers started asking who voted for Trump and then ostracize the one who voted or maybe voted for Trump. I'm so tired of tv or movie actors or tv shows referring to Trump that I don't even find it funny anymore. As if those rich lawyers need to worry about Trump, it's getting ridiculous and I hope they let that go, otherwise I'll have to stop watching this show, too bad, because I liked the Ponzi scheme case and mystery the young lawyer is trying to discover, and I never get tired of watching Lucca's spunk.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
For Canadians, the first ep was on Global, some language was edited, the remaining eps are on the W. no editing. It's on every Sunday. To catch up it is on demand as well. It has imo been very good. I love the mix of old and new cast as well as it bein current politically speaking.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I really like the characters so far as well as the story lines. I liked that they referenced Trump. The show seems to be focusing on issues which we grapple with currently. That's fine by me.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
This is one of my new favourite shows. It was a great season in my book and I can't wait for the next one. What a piece of work Maia's father is.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We really enjoyed this show, but the CBS All Access app will only work on my Amazon Fire Stick, which is in the other room (the app is not compatible with our Samsung smart TV). I've been paying $11 a month since January (I'm willing to pay extra for commercial free), but we've only watched the first 2 or 3 eps. Such a waste!

It was a nightmare to cancel, too! They don't make it easy to get out.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Fortunately it shows on one of my regular cable stations in Canada

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yea! The Good Fight is back March 4 on W (Canadians) I can't wait to see what happens.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Me too... I almost like it more than the Good Wife.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I so enjoyed the Good Fight on TV last night. I didn't watch it on All Access so was thrilled to see it on regular TV.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I loved to watch again the first 2 episodes, as the series goes on, you'll see some very 'wild' things.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Spunky, thanks :-)

Punkin

08-13-2009

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkin a private message Print Post    
I'm Loving this!!! As much as I loved The Good Wife, I passed on The Good Fight because I didn't want to pay for All Access. But I caught the first two episodes on CBS the other night and was thrilled that I can now binge on the three seasons and am on All Access for a while anyway because of BB!

My only problem is that I have to watch it on my (17in) laptop screen. I have never watched a TV show or movie on my laptop before. I'm pretty compartmentalized with my devices: TeeVee and movies on my 60" flat screen, Internet and email on my laptop, phone calls and texts on my iPhone, Kindle books on my iPad Mini 4, and my digital camera for photos. Having to watch on my laptop precludes me from watching on big screen while surfing the net and email on laptop at the same time. Oh, well. I'm adjusting!

I noticed that the first scene on CBS All Access had Baransky watching the 2016 election returns with a look of horror on her face (pretty much as I looked at that time!) and wondered how I had missed that on CBS. Figured out that likely all the anti-trump stuff on All Access will likely be cut out of the version on CBS. But it's my favorite parts!!!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, June 24, 2019 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
No, no, it won't be cut out, I'm only surprised that Canada saw the series before the US. It's funny that while all are anti-Trump there is one guy in the law firm that is pro-Trump and this creates some pros and cons that will satisfy everyone watching. In later episodes Diana gets a bit out of control in her attempts at discrediting Trump with some dangerous moves that could implicate her but her intelligence and a bit of luck get her out of trouble.

Punkin

08-13-2009

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkin a private message Print Post    
Finished binging the three seasons. Loved it! And, you're right Spunky! There's no way to cut out all the anti-trump stuff in the script. Just shocked that CBS is airing it! (But pleased! )

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: