TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 17, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Code Black --Wednesdays on CBS - 10pm.: Archive through February 17, 2016 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the show. Will as the mods to move the comments over.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Code Black was intense and I have no idea what was being said half of the time. The head nurse was obnoxious.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The idea behind "Code Black" seems a bit weird. Apparently "code black" refers to when the hospital is getting slammed with more patients than they have resources to treat them....and they said something like it happens 300 times in a year? Gee, if it happens that often they should just call it "Code Typical-Day-in-the-ER".

I assume the title means that every week will be as frenetic as this first episode, but I hope I'm wrong. I actually felt physically tired by the time the episode was over!

I thought the acting and the drama was done well, but it felt like they went out of their way to balance each tragic death with a miraculous recovery. Oh yeah...I figured out the pregnant girl had carbon monoxide poisoning the second she mentioned that she "lived above a boiler room"and had headaches! (I never went to medical school, but I was a big fan of "St Elsewhere", "Chicago Hope", and "ER"! :-))

The main thing that bothered me was how claustrophobic they make that hospital look and feel...lots of tight camera shots with way too many people crammed in, not enough lights, and the whole place looks absolutely filthy! I was surprised when they stated this is the hospital that the president goes to in an emergency. If they can afford to have a whole trauma exam room set aside in case of a presidential health emergency, you'd think they could spring for a fresh coat of paint to at least make the place look cleaner than a crack house.

I'll keep watching for now because I like hospital shows that are more dramatic than soap opera, but I hope they don't overdo the chaos.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I guess when it's too much it's just too much and that goes for Code Black. Don't need to see this old mess again... ER, House and others seemed good enough at the time but this Code Black is just a bloody mess.. Scratch this one!

The next one to scratch is Blood and Oil if the second ep doesn't get better.

I'll stick with Limitless, Quantico and Blindspot.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I laughed when the Dr said we need a barrel of morphine, it just struck me funny, LOL.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
When our ER is overfull, or we have no more beds available in our facility, we call it "On Divert". And our ER can get a bit crowded in some areas (adult side) to the point we could have some gurneys in the ER hallway. Peds ER has individual rooms, no one is in the hallway. But the waiting room could get busy.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 5:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Haven't watched yet, but I'm a real sucker for medical dramas. I wish 'House' was still around.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes it was frantic, at times, but the underlying storylines were there (like the quiet moment when the resident asked MGH who she'd lost and she said, "everybody". I LOVED the head nurse! He's like the sheriff, keeping everybody in line. This is on my MUST WATCH list.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 5:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Slower pace, deeper storylines in the 2nd episode. I think this one will be a definite for my viewing schedule.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I was not at all impressed by pilot episode. Thought of quitting the series after it. I did watch last night. So much better. I will continue to watch.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
OK, I had dropped it, but I will now check it out On Demand. Thanks.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the second show, it was interesting and had some good storylines.

And as Misspoufy said it wasn't as frenetic as the pilot.

Kaysarluvsme

08-06-2005

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 1:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaysarluvsme a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen whether this show has been renewed or not? Last show said only 4 episodes left. Confused me.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen anything but I hope so. I truly enjoy the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hope it will be! I really like the show and agree that it improved from the first episode.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It is a great show!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW! Last night was amazing. I wondered how they were going to deal with the lead doctor, the woman whose family was killed, leaving to do her sabbatical. Man, did the writers come up with an original idea.

Fabulous show, extremely well acted.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Very well written and acted last night. I sure hope they renew this show.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Wednesday nights at 9:00 Central = Code Black, American Crime, and Chicago P.D. Only two tuners with my TiVo. I've been watching AC and Chgo P.D. Today I signed up for CBS All Access. Catching up on Code Black.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
LOVE THIS SHOW

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It gets better every week.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, February 12, 2016 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
This show works for me. I learn a lot of valuable info from this program.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Another fabulous show!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, love Code Black. I am up to date on shows via CBS All Access.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Can't wait to see the zombies tonight.