TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Westworld (HBO)

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Westworld (HBO) users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 23, 2016Karuuna25 11-23-16  8:39 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Really, at this stage, I haven't a clue.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, I was surprised when Bernard was a host, but that last 15 minutes, I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. Totally lost.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I looked at some reviews of the latest episode to get a better handle on it and I think I am going down the rabbit hole a bit like Sanfran was saying. And I'm nervous about saying too much and dragging others down with me!

But, if anyone wants to explore the link below about others' theories of the show it might blow your mind much like it did mine.

http://tinyurl.com/ze7qky5

(link goes to vanityfair.com)

I read that, and some of the links in it, watched episodes 1 and particularly 2 again (they're available on demand) and I'm sold... and it makes the show much more interesting and understandable.

If anyone wants a short version, or clues to what to look for, I'm putting it in a spoiler box below, even though it's just theories, not spoilers at all, I just don't want people to be mad at me for giving things away if it ends up being a big reveal on the season finale.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
The show features (at least) two timelines. In the present is Ed Harris (referred to online as the Man In Black, MIB) and his storyline, and everything we see inside the factory/lab/offices thing including the staff and Maeve. But in the past, 30 years ago, we have the storyline with William and his soon to be brother-in-law. If you watch the first couple of episodes again with this in mind it seems pretty clear, including Delores saying "remember" before we start the old timeline, and there being an old logo on the Westworld office building where they start their journey.

And the kicker (which I'm not convinced about yet, but have seen pointers that do suggest it's true)... people are saying that William 30 years ago is the MIB now! Some things he says to Lawrence (the guy with the creepy daughter who switched and revealed info about the maze to the MIB) in episode 2 make me think this is true too.

Read the box or click the link only if you want to get rather involved in the show!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt... that helps, but I'm still not sure how all this "maze" stuff fits with that.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That I think is reasonably straightforward, in that it could be anything ;) ;).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, uh, yeah.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've watched all the episodes twice now, except this last one, and I am no wiser about the maze. Right now I think it might be something Arnold built in as either a challenge or a learning experience for his special hosts, whoever they might be (Dolores, Teddy etc.). Maybe the Man in Black wants to get into it because he's heard so much about it, not because it's meant to be a game or challenge for him.

Interesting progression in young William.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought they tied this together really well. I'm not quite sure what it will mean for next season, whether they'll rebel or whether most will just get on with their "lives," but as long as they don't switch to "Park 2" or "Samurai World" I'm excited to see what will happen.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hmmmmmm, is it going to be a season of chaos?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, April 23, 2018 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Fifteen minutes in, I felt like I was watching a Disney version of The Walking Dead. They need less killing and more story telling.

I was bored for most of the hour so I could have misunderstood many things that happened. It sounds like Arnold created a game within the game just for the Man in Black. Bernard is losing his brain/hard drive liquid that apparently is absolutely needed. Maeve is still stuck on finding her child. A tiger came through the border of park 6 leading me to believe it really is just like Disney World. Will this become like Lost where they jump from one cast and story line to another? The one thing I do know after last night is that I am over listening to the monotone dialogues of Dolores which means I am probably missing key points. She drones, I tune out and Teddy barely says a word. I think I'll wait until the end of the season and binge watch unless I hear better reviews.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I found it very confusing but I have to confess that I was pretty tired and sleepy when I watched it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The scenes with Arnold and the special forces clean up type guys seem to be two weeks after the shootings from the end of last season. There's an ocean (in the middle of the desert?) and almost all the hosts are drowned in it.

And then we get a second story happening just after the shootings, with Arnold trying to escape with the woman; Dolores and Teddy taking revenge on the remaining humans; and Maeve and the cute bandit guy trying to find Maeve's daughter.

And we know that two weeks later (the first timeline) Teddy is dead (or as dead as hosts get) under the water.

I thought it was Ford/Anthony Hopkins who made the game within a game for the man in Black?? I think it was also Ford's re-writing of the landscape that created the ocean.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, April 23, 2018 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I understood the two week time frame. I do want to know what happened to the lady in gold during that time. When at the edge of the water at the end, Bernard comments that he thinks he killed them all.

I thought Arnold was Ford's interpretation of himself as a child and that's why Arnold's voice kept switching back and forth to Ford's voice. Or maybe I just started drifting into my own world, lol.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 23, 2018 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sorry, that's me using the names interchangeably when I probably shouldn't. Arnold is the human that Bernard is a model of, who died a long time ago. Bernard was in this episode.

The boy is a model of Ford/Anthony Hopkins when he was young. I don't know if he has a name in the show, but the man in black knows he's Ford, or at least knows he's Ford's tool for talking to him.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We just watched it, and we're so confused!!! I have no idea what I just watched. Hubby says he'll give it one more episode and if it doesn't improve, we're done. So disappointing.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I gave it 2 1/2 episodes. This show makes no sense anymore, and I'm tired of the constant murder and bloodshed. This show was fun the first season, but now it's just depressing and horrifying. I'm done.

Akwarlord47

06-26-2007

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Akwarlord47 a private message Print Post    
I'm totally loving this season. I like it when the underdogs get to fight back. (But I really like the blood and gore) It is so fascinating that the "humans" had no issue with torturing the "Hosts" and now the tables are turned... I hope the Hosts make it out of the park, how will the interpret the "real" world? What to expect???

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This week's one was pretty horrifying. Better than the two before but way too nasty and it's lost it's mystery. I'm hoping it will go back to what it was, the gore is not for me.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
I am with Babyjaxmom, I just don't think I will continue with this show. I plan to re watch the series up to now. And probably will delete it from my list.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, June 22, 2018 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I loved WW Season 1 and have enjoyed season 2 but I admit I ff through several of the gory scenes. Episode 8 was absolutely stunning. I watched it twice. I am looking forward to the season finale Sunday.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 09, 2018 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's just a set, not real people's houses, but wow:

westworld

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: