TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 10, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Madame Secretary: Archive through May 10, 2016 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, I thought the show was getting too grim but eventually the writers felt as I did and are back to the 'nice' endings. I don't really mind. I watch tv to escape some of the real tragedies, so I don't mind.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Was there a new show on the 17th? my paper said it was on at 9pm that day so that was when I taped it, and I ended up with the good wife instead.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, yes it was on at 8pm, so now I have to watch it online.

and already I am laughing about the Ambassador who had hair the day before. I was afraid something like this would happen, except I thought maybe the Ambassador was up to no good and that was why he was opposed to the trade agreement, but this is even better.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Buddhist Terrorist, Oh my.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They are cracking me up this show....There are more plastic flamingos than real flamingo's.

I love that guy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahaha, why do they leave the cars running all the time, that would cost a fortune in gas! Sure doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i thought that too, but on the other side of the coin, if it's really hot or really cold can you imagine sitting in the car without it running???

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I thought while she might make the neighbors happy, I am sure her detail is not going to be happy sitting in a cold car with no heat all night. I assume they leave them running so they can take off with a member of the
family at a moments notice if something happens.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Other than the real issue of sitting in a cold car all night exactly how long would it take to start the car and get away if something were to happen...by the time she was at the bottom of her 3 steps he could have the car up and running...silly excuse.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I hope they don't kill off her husband.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
First was the shooting at the car and I thought her husband was killed, now this dirty bomb and the husband is going to be critically ill... That poor man, and he's my favorite character in this series.

I know it's just a tv show but in reality that wouldn't happen so close to the conference room, before even gaining access to the grounds there would be a lot of check-ins, no one would be allowed with a backpack at the front entrance, even less at the door next to the conference room. Again, reality is often better than fiction and that's reassuring.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yes Spunky, I thought of that too about no backpacks allowed that close and they would not have been able to get that close to the conference before the search.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
all that reality being said....OMG...this show continue to surprise me and really keep me on the edge of my seat...nothing can happen to Henry right!!!! OMG

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, to funny that Madame Secretary was told she could go on The Amazing Race, I love that they made reference to a RL thing.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, all's well that ends well... but I think it ended too well, in reality the poor Henri would have received long term effects, but nope, he's totally okay. Mmmmm

Maybe I wasn't expecting it and when I heard it I laughed so hard... Italy was actually guilty of not sharing intelligence??? I kept laughing and only too glad it's again fiction and not reality. This kind of paranoia was just too comic for me. In reality my poor fellow Italians have no idea of what they're doing, imagine if their Intelligence is better than the US... too comic.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I LMAO when she called the college kids parents on him, hahahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG
" I don't want to bring up the garage door"...."that was a total fluke"...."A fluke! that crushed to bicycles and nearly took out the UPS man"

OMG, I died laughing.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The last two episodes had interesting issues that could be potential realities, like the dirty bomb and the virus that boko haram in Africa wanted to spread. Again, all is well that ends well and for once reality is better than fiction, those potential dangers are still 'potential' but not yet a reality. A good reminder of what could happen. I wonder however, when they'll stop with the usual terror coming from the Islamic world and when they'll start dealing with the terror coming from North Korea, I don't think the guy is just joking, when he says their long range missiles can now reach our shores... it's a bit too close for comfort. I guess the producers are not ready to tackle that side of terror, the next two episode will still cover the same old...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
"to keep and eye on the little perv", got me laughing.

Spunky, I know, sometimes it amazes me that some of these things haven't already happened.

And I do wish they would stop with the Islamic area, it only helps fuel some of the prejudices we have. Move onto other problem areas.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO...."I have got to shut my eyes for a couple of minutes or I might accidentally impose sanctions on Canada".

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my, why do they want their one spy back so bad? What could he know that they don't want us to know.

hmmmm, should be a great finale show next week. Ut oh, she gets fired! That can't be.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
But then she could run for President herself!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I didn't understand the need for the exchange either but was glad the young Russian was back, he seemed to have paid enough for having helped the US government. Of course the hint that she could be promoted to Vice-President was only to make her more agreeable to have someone else take her place, but then the title of the show can't be Madam Secretary, if they have another season with the same title she will remain Secretary of State, at least until the elections and a new government.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I watched this for the first time last Sunday. I have to say that the acting is excellent. Very understated... love me some Tim Daly. I didn't know his backstory, but it was clear there was one. I need to catch up on this show now. It was better than I thought it would be.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think it is one of the better shows on TV, hopefully it will stay that way.