TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 27, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 27, 2016 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I like Michelle but think she is still getting use to it all. And it's not easy to relax when you're new on this show and know the they could be let you go at any second.

The new 'conservative' is a bit weak to me. I'm surprised to hear she has worked on other shows. If they had let Nicole Wallace sit opposite of Whoopi like this woman, it would have worked so much better. Instead they hid her in the back as if to keep her under Whoopi's control.

Joy is wonderful as always but then she has so much experience in this format.

Whoopi just looks angry most of the time now but her story about the puppy and her brother's humor was a good one.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Friday, September 11, 2015 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Thanks,Kappy. Going to set dvr.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well I tried, but I just can't watch the arm of the Democratic Party( The View)bash Republicans another day with no defense. This is the third or 4 th episode I've watched and I haven't heard one positive comment about The Right or ANY of the Republican candidates. I was hopeful it would be an even playing field this season.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched The View in months (and even before that I barely watched it) so I'm not up on the current group. I guess there is no Republican representation at all anymore?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, they aren't required to do anything but drive ratings.

It's funny, when they put Nicole Wallace on, the right wing blogs were all affronted saying she's not a real conservative, she was actually a liberal.

Then when she was fired, the right wing blogs went nuts saying they fired "the only conservative" on The View.

I have heard that they hired "two Christian conservatives" for this fall, but I don't watch any more. I didn't recognize the names either.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Exactly. Ratings are the objective for these shows and they are obviously satisfied with the content and the ratings results or that situation would change.

It is curious though how talk radio seems very conservative but the morning TV talk shows like The View are liberal. I don't have any statistics at hand to prove this but I suspect it is because the mostly female audience for these TV shows tilts liberal.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, they are trying, since they did hire 2 new people of that ilk. Not sure if they were on the show that Lakecat watched however, since I don't watch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Paula Faris is one of the new conservatives on the panel, and she has been there every day. As a matter of fact she really ticked off a lot of people yesterday by saying to the transgender teen on the show that she would be uncomfortable for her own daughter to be in a locker room with her.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
One of the Christains is the girl from the early 90s comedy,full house. Her characters name was DJ and she was on DWTS last year. the other Christain is...? She was on today. She is a Christain but I don't think she's a Republican.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Candace Cameron is now appearing more on The View. Today, Raven didn't just challenge her but turned to her with both her arms crossed while waiting for an answer.

Whoopi keeps pointing out that none of them are upset but I'd like to see someone challenge Whoopi with a hard stare and arms crossed and then tell us she is okay with it. It's not just the challenge so much as the child's need to be front and center and always looking at the audience as if they all agree with her.

The child has got to go! Love her as an actress but she is so wrong for this format! Surely there is an educated 30 YO who reads who can do the job.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The other 'conservative' is Paula Faris, a co-anchor of Good Morning America. She has stated on the show that she is a born-again Christian. Can't tell whether she is Republican or not but heard that Candice is there to fill the 'Republican' slot while Paula is there to fill the 'journalist' spot.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Interesting ~ Robin William's widow, Susan Schneider, was on the show today and only Joy and Paula were there to interview her. It almost looked like it was done later after a regular shoot and without an audience.

I hate to judge this person as I don't know that much about her but since she is putting herself on every talk show that will have her, I think I will. She claims to be coming on shows to set things straight but I just see "angles" written all over her.

She's painting herself as such a victim of her stepchildren that I find it hard to believe much of what she says. She could have done one magazine article if she wanted her story told so why all the tv appearances?

If she needs money that badly, I suggest she go back to whatever work she did before meeting him and let his children be.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
yes. marry someone for 7 years and you deserve every thing they own. She is angry the children took things from the house, and this is her payback, she wants it all.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 12:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
She was only married to him for 3 years and she signed a pre-nup. Plus, the daughter has stated very publicly that none of the 3 kids have been to that house since before he died so why does she keep up this pretense? She's just making herself look worse and worse.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Michelle Collins has lost her mind. Today she said Kanye West put Taylor Swift on the map. And that she should be happy he picks on her. She even doubled down on twitter when people were telling her Taylor Swift was extremely famous before Kanye started picking on her.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's absurd that she is defending Kanye's ridiculous comments.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I think here's just obsessed with her.

He jumped on stage back a few years ago ad interrupted her acceptance speech. Is this his sum total "claim" to making her famous?

She was killin' it long before he ever butted in.

He's like the kid in grade school who is crushing on a girl and doesn't know how to get her attention, so he pulls her pigtails and acts generally obnoxious.

I'm sure by now he is fed up to his eyeballs with the entire Kardashian clan. If that marriage goes the distance, I will eat my hat.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My husband said he heard on the news that Kanye was in deep debt. I said he had to have misheard.

Sure enough, I looked it up. He is 53 million in debt.
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/02/kanye-west-53-million-dollar-debt-explained

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I read that yesterday, Naja.

He probably wants Taylor to invest her kajillions in his fashion line...ha ha ha.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
There's been lots in the news about Kanye West the past few days. He's fighting with and insulting everyone. Supposedly Kim has told him to get therapy.

My layman's diagnosis is that he's suffering from manic-depression (bi-polar disorder).

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
So the ladies are now back to remaining seated when a guest comes onstage. I feel so sorry for the guests as they try to figure out if they should go up to each seated lady and extend their hand or not. There are enough problems with the revolving host chairs - now they can't even be bothered to stand and greet the guests as they come on.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
So today Bernie Sanders was on the show and oh my, the ladies couldn't stand up fast enough to greet him. So is this their way of letting guests know where they stand in terms of how important they are? To me that makes their remaining seated for some guests even more insulting.

Yes, I know - turn it off, LOL, and most days it's never turned on.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
I think sometimes they have a time issue and don't want to waste it doing the greetings. Though, I think they do still get up most of the time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
At first I just thought she was on vacation or something, but Michelle Collins really was fired earlier this month.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-view-michelle-collins-co-host-exits-1201788498/

When she went off on her rant that Kanye made Taylor Swift famous, I knew it was the beginning of the end.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
as much as I don't like this show, I will be in the audience Tuesday. Hope they give out something good. I would never drink out of their cups now that I know they use cheap imported crap that has some dangerous metal in them. I googled the cups to see if they were microwavable, and found they were toxic - drink up ladies. the cups hold pencils fine.