TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 27, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Strain - FX Channel: Archive through July 27, 2015 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Heads up!

The Strain starts this coming Sunday on the FX Channel!

FX announced that it ordered a full season of a new vampire show called "The Strain," set to debut in summer of 2014. The story was created by A-list director Guillermo del Toro and has already been featured in three novels and bunch of comic books. So what sets this vampire series apart from all the others? We'll break it down for ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ChKfigSgYs

--------

The promos look pretty creepy - the vamps aren't pretty boys who seduce pretty girls - they are MONSTERS! This new series is the creation of Guillermo del Toro who directed the movie, "Pan's Labyrinth".

Don't forget - Sunday July 13 - on FX!

More info about this show:

http://www.fxnetworks.com/thestrain

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 11, 2014 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Another article:

http://tvline.com/2014/07/11/the-strain-preview-fx/

I'm all vampired out but this seems a bit different so I'm going to give it a go.

Starts Sunday.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Ktt, this is VERY different. I really like it!

Finally...a vampire story where the vampires are monsters!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Didn't realise the first show was 1hr 40mins long, so couldn't watch it last night. Glad to hear it is very different though, I'll get to it later in the week.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Loved Corey Stoll on "House of Cards" and he's equally agreeable in this. I'm also glad he's got the lead role (long overdue for him).

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
My 2nd cousin is on this. She shows up in episode 4 or 5. She plays Mariela Martinez. She is someone's mother. She gave me a little info but said it was great to work on the show. Can't wait to watch.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, Thanks for the tip about this show. I don't think I'd seen any ads for it. I'm desperate for some good scripted shows this summer, so I checked out the premier On-Demand last night. I thought it was very interesting & a little scary. I'm adding it to my list of shows to watch. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I hadn't read anything about The Strain before I watched it. I didn't even see a preview. And I have to tell you it was pretty interesting realizing in episode 2 that this show wasn't about a virus, and that it was about really gruesome vampires.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I had no idea this was on either! I saw a commercial for it on tv and found the first 2 episodes on VOD. It was quite interesting, with lots of characters and action. That scene with the plane full of dead people was very creepy and sad when considering the latest news about plane tragedies.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
This show is so much fun! Loved how the goth-rocker had to say "bye-bye" to his genitalia. Hysterical!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
He turned into a Ken doll! I guess a lot of stuff falls off as we saw the head guy putting on a nose and ears.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Goth rocker guy didn't seem all that upset when he his pee-pee fell into the toilet.

I assume as their bodies change so do their priorities.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
I heart Corey Stoll big time, why couldn't they just let him be bald? That fake hair is awful.

This is quite possibly the grossest show I've seen on TV, but I'm sort of hooked.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Last night when the housekeeper's own daughter forced her to take the kids back to their home, even though her mother told her something bad was there, had me on the edge of my seat!
Who were those creatures in the hoodies with the arrows? They saved those kids and the nanny and killed the vampires trying to attack! But they looked like monsters too--monsters that could talk.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The more the merrier, Cable, the more the merrier! The hoodie rescue squad provided much needed (comic) relief from all those scenes in 1944 Poland, which went on a little too long - I got the feeling they needed to fill up an hour's worth of scenes and stretched those out to get there.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I found this show way too gory at first but stuck with it and I'm glad I did. It's really starting to take off now.

I remember the hooded guys from a few brief scenes in earlier episodes. It's good to see that they might be fighting the good fight - kind of like Angel on Buffy, lol.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
At the rate the infection is spreading, I cant see how anyone will survive. Ephraim is trying but he is way behind. I wonder how that sick old guy fits into all this. I thought he was going to be vamped to make him immortal, but he still looks like he's dying!

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
This week's episode in the convenience store was thrilling; nonstop tension! And I'm glad the exterminator guy recognizes Abraham's expertise.

But I will miss Sean Astin ...

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I agree, this week was great.

At first I thought the exterminator guy was scary and creepy. Now I am really liking him.

I never thought Sean Astin would be killed this early. That was a shocker.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling he's not quite dead.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
They're doing a great job of keeping the tension level high! Not quite spine-tingling, but close.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The second season started tonight. I have to admit I'm tired of seeing the tongue-things zap people. Yes, we get it already!

As for the hooded guys - not so sure they're that good but at least better then the rich dying guy, lol! Where are they finding these people to sacrifice for the 'ancients'? Might be a good way to feed them all a virus of some sort if the doctors can up with one.

The story Abe was told as a child would have been enough to leave me with nightmares for the rest of my life!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying this second season very much! The old man is in his 90's and takes something to keep him from getting weaker? I should have known something was happening with him!
Last night when I saw buses and police going about their business, I was shocked that the vampires hadnt taken over the whole city yet!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Okay - Last season it really bothered me that Abe was suppose to have been in a concentration camp and yet looked too young for that. Last night they addressed it.

Glad to see the one guy helping the 'hooded' men who work for the ancients. I liked him.

I was too was surprised to see a bus working at night. You would think there would be a curfew but I guess without internet, people are still lost as to what is happening?

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Whats with the Dr's son? He tried to sneak off on the bus at night, smash up the lab and question his father's actions! Is his vampire mother somehow controlling or affecting him?