TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 13, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Containment: Archive through July 13, 2016 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is anyone else watching this show, Tuesdays at 9pm on CW? It's a "limited series" of 13 episodes, episode 4 aired last night.

A terrorist comes in from Syria and releases a modified version of the bird flu, for which there is no known cure, people start dying and they have to block off an area to contain the virus.

I think it is excellent, lots of "tv" stuff of course but the basic elements are very true to what I think would happen - they would have to contain the virus, be very strict/ruthless, control the media to stop panic - and as such is more than a little unsettling.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I'm watching it and so far I am liking it.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
I watch it. I work in downtown Atlanta and had a bad flu 2 weeks ago... Lol. Scared heck out of me.

They filmed walking dead outside my office. Glad I didn't catch that virus lol

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I watch this :-) Missed this weeks episode I will see it on hulu.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They've made some good non-cliched plot points, like the girlfriend of the main cop didn't let the friends inside, and then they didn't get sick and infect them. And the main guy didn't let the young father-to-be in because he felt sorry for him/respected his decision.

The only thing that's bothering me is that this potentially world-threatening disease seems to be being controlled by one head of the CDC and a Major who just happened to live in the city it started in. If nothing else the state would have the National Guard all round the outside of the contained area!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I like that is a one of limited series i.e. no renewal or cancellation

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK, now containment needs to die, if the neurotic medicated teacher is going to look fir hand kept records to identify the illness and why people are claiming it is the boy when he didn't die first - time to flush it down the tubes,I am done

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It seems a bit unnecessary when (imo) there are enough interesting scenarios going on elsewhere.

I'm surprised people are hating it, I've found it pretty watchable.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the most recent episode but I agree that there are a lot worse things on TV. I'm enjoying this one too.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well I said that until last night, ha ha so many new threads in the story opened up - what caused the illness, what was the ending phone call about/wheels within wheels.

But there will always be bad stuff on TV. It is TV after all and Zoo is coming back. Too many sadistic murder shows and, my addiction, pointless reality shows.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Monday, July 04, 2016 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I've been watching Containment, and tonight's show was the most depressing show I have watched in a few years. I don't even know if I can keep watching. I'm so frustrated right now by it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 04, 2016 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I hope you mean last week's show, otherwise I missed it!

I am hoping that the doctor will find something in Thomas that will cure the people he has infected, one in particular, and then maybe the others too. There are only three episodes so surely they won't end with everyone dying...

Muffin

08-29-2007

Monday, July 04, 2016 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Actually, it was a new show tonight, on a Canadian Channel. I just checked. I don't know if the day has been changed.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Monday, July 04, 2016 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I just checked my PVR. It was a new episode on Global TV. I also checked for tomorrow night on the U.S. channels, and don't see it coming up for tomorrow. That is very weird.
I'm glad I didn't say anything more about tonight's episode to spoil it for anyone.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Monday, July 04, 2016 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
The episode is called "Nothing Gold Can Stay". It may have been cancelled in the U.S., but not in Canada.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 04, 2016 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, the tv listing does show a new episode for July 5, tomorrow in the US on CW titled "Nothing Gold Can Stay". The same one that aired tonight on Globaltv. So we're just one day behind Canada.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Monday, July 04, 2016 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Naja, I just saw that also. I was checking CBS, NBS, ABC and FOX.
It will be on tomorrow on CW, which I don't have. I never realized that we are a day ahead of you for this show.
I'm just glad I didn't ruin it for anyone.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 04, 2016 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah, if you're a day ahead then I guess my hope of a quick cure is fruitless.. :-(

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
From what they showed it appeared that she died but I find it hard to believe that they would kill that major character. It doesn't seem to fit with the overall tone of the show. I'm betting on resuscitation.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know that you can realistically come back from that, even in tv land. She haemorrhaged(sp?) from everywhere. I was shocked but I think they've killed her off.

Great acting all round. One of the tv sites I read had the boy who plays the son getting their actor of the week award, and it was well deserved I think.

Two episodes left now to save the world, unless they're going to end it with someone escaping, the virus spreading, and everyone doomed.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure what to think. If there are only 2 episodes left, how can they possible cure this epidemic! I will have to keep watching to find out. That final scene with her son was so depressing.
I promises not to say anything again before it is viewed on the US channels.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well it wasn't renewed but who knows if they knew in time to tie things up or if the writes even cared.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I lost that bet.

I don't see how they can wrap it up in one more episode either. They probably hoped it would go more than one season so there will be loose ends.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think it is so funny that the "starring" actress did manage to get killed off before the end. I can imagine her finding she would not have the job for another year and not being able to choke out the corny lines for many more shows.

I wonder what the villain has it in for the doctor looking for the cure, because I expected people out to kill him last week.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They did always say it was a limited series. I know in some cases they've tried to extend a show but I'm still convinced this will mostly tie everything up, even if there might be somewhat of a loose end here and there just in case it was a mega-hit.

My bet for the finale is that the cure is going to work on the bad guy's brother, but that the doc will be killed, and one of the escapees will actually be contagious, it'll spread outside and that will be that, goodbye world.