TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 05, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Zoo (on CBS): Archive through September 05, 2015 users admin

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom - you gave me shivers just thinking about it!

Kitkat - I am having a hard time with that as well. DOES the medication actually contain the mother cell? Or, does he believe that the mother cell doesn't affect humans?

Sanfranjoshfan - Thank you for the link and explanation. :-)

Didn't the prisoner (can't believe I am forgetting the cast's names) say before he died "Your father did this to me!"? I took it to mean that the father injected it into the prisoner. If the mother cell is in everything, then it's in our food products and everything else. Why are we immune and are other primates also immune?

Every time there is a new episode, I have more questions! I am enjoying the show, just not the rats and bats. They can stop with that now!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Since the tv version is so different from the book, you could create a game out of guessing which animal will be featured as the 'dangerous' group from week to week.

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
Kappy, ha ha ha! That would be fun. This week I saw a leopard, so that's big animal. As long as they stay away from rats and bats I am fine. The only rodents I want to see are squirrels or chipmunks. I want them to go back to Africa with the big game.

When does this season end and when will the 2nd season start?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
From what I can find, the 13th episode will be the last for this season and it will air on Sept. 15th. There's no information on the 13th episode so maybe they're waiting to see if the show is renewed or not to decide how to end it.

I highly doubt I would be watching this if it wasn't summer.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
It seems like life is following the fiction:

Lion kills guide in Zimbabwe safari park where Cecil lived

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/aug/25/cecil-lion-guide-killed-zimbabwe-hwange-safari-park

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well that is a shame, he led photographic safaris.

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
BIRDS? Come on Zoo, I was hoping for a leopard this week! I wish they would should how the animals are turning on humans, they're only showing little glimpses of what is happening, but I guess they're just setting up the story lines?

Still love the show and it looks like next week is going to be a good one with them going back to Africa! WOO HOO!

Is anyone else amazed at how fast these guys get from one place to another? Or escape from a situation? LOL "Beam me up, Scotty!"

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
looks like there may be zebras next week, they were in the previews, but probably not as much.
actuaslly they are being cheap, these little glimpses are supposed to be symptomatic, but they are really jsut cheap,. I can't figure out what they will do season 2, Heck I can't figure out what they are doing season 1, but I don't think I will watch another season, it is pretty much like the dome for me - one season and done.

You would think they would have some Idea how to stage this if they watched Hitchcock's the birds, there are ways to build suspense, but they just don't get it. just stand there and yell MOTHER CELL!!!!!
oh an kill some FBI double agents.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I finally gave up on the show last night. Watched half of it, realised I really had no clue what was going on and what I did understand was just crazy, so deleted it and the season pass. Never done that before mid show or this late in the season.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I missed it last night, I have to try and catch up, so many shows are going into finalem why is this show still on?

So now this thing from the mother cell is contagious? does not compute.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
i'm still watching. If for no other reasons, because I like seeing the animals. :-)

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched last nights episode yet. Do they show the leopard?

I guess I am in the minority of liking the show? It's interesting to me and does hold my attention and leaves me wanting to watch the next episode and I get excited during the week for next episode. I just don't like it when they show the bats and rats.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I kind of like it. I think the romance between the two characters is a little flat.

But I like the scientist, I've always liked that actor.

And the plot is interesting enough to me.

And, I do like the animals. :-)

Silly - they show quite a few animals in that episode, from a leopard to a warthog to zebras and camels. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like the show too. I know it's kind of dumb and we often laugh at inappropriate times but I have to admit that I'm enjoying it.

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
I just think it's funny how they get from one place to another so quickly. From the US to Paris to Africa to US all in a matter of minutes. Or escape quickly. I laughed at the last weeks episode at the end when the FBI (?) was on their way to the wife and daughter's home and they were all gone by the time they got there. I don't know why I always find that amusing, but I do.

And of course, I ADORE the animals. But not the rodents. lol

I am going to CBS site and watch last nights show. Our contractor cut out TV cable line (grr) so our DVR couldn't record.

Thanks Karuuna! Oh how I love the animals and now I am looking forward to the episode!

I love Zebras! Did you know they are also an animal that commits infanticide?

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
Too late to update above post. That Zebras commit infanticide is NOT the reason I love them. ;)

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
What Jimmer said up there!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
We constantly giggle throughout the show at some of the absurdities but it doesn't stop us from watching!

Gidget

07-28-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I thought the cat was a serval. Now I am going to have to go back and watch it again.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
now if only I can get all you reality fans to watch America's next weatherman.

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Friday, September 04, 2015 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
American's next weatherman? Is that really a show? ha ha ha! That's cute.

I watched Tuesday's episode and it looks like I will be arriving in Africa before they do! :-)

I enjoyed the episode, but I am with Karuuna on the relationship being kind of flat. I did say in during the first episode that they would get together, just seemed obvious. I haven't seen the "next week" trailer, what are they saying is going to happen? Do they find the leopard?

Where would I look to see when season 2 starts? i I looked on the CBS site, but didn't find anything. I hope I don't have to wait until next year! There is what, three more episodes left? Or only 2?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, September 04, 2015 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Sadies ~ I gave 'weatherman' a shot as I do most reality shows but couldn't get past 10 minutes, lol!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, September 04, 2015 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
you just have to accept that most reality shows are a joke and that show accepts it, While on Zoo they are playing for serious - so they need he mother cell to make a cure (still don't see why since "it is everywhere" but it is spread by a virus rather than something eaten?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 04, 2015 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Double episode next week and then finale the week after, Sillypickles.

Apparently this was the highest viewed of CBS's summer shows and therefore could well be renewed, despite its craziness. No decision yet.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
The cat was a serval.

I'm enjoying it, I agree it's kind of dumb. I wish the writing was better because the premise is intriguing to me. I think it has a lot of potential if the writing was better especially having the characters repeat the same phrase over and over. I just have to enjoy it in spite of the unrealistic kind of dumb crazy stuff. I did the same with Prison Break.