TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 31, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Last Ship: Archive through August 31, 2015 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 3:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Looks like this might make it? Figured I would take a chance on it meriting it's own thread. LOL

I am enjoying it with the exception of one casting choice... the captain! I only know the actor from commercials about the prime time soap opera he has been on. Don't have anything particular against him, just doesn't seem to be as forceful/intimidating as I would like to see in the last American commander. :-) Hard to put finger on it, he is kinda bemused and out of his league? Maybe he will grow into the character. On the other hand, his XO (Adam Baldwin) would make a fantastic captain and seems really under utilized in a minor role that I hope will grow.

Had a question though. Was drifting off towards the end of last episode. Who is the guy on the Russian ship? I gather he is also doing vaccine/cure work but the relationship with the Russian captain confused me. The Captain seemed to be affectionate? respectful? He didn't seem to be there against his will. Did I miss something before that last scene that explained it or what I saw was what there was?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I tried but gave up. Didn't care for the cast. Couldn't identify with them.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Not wild about the Captain either, liked him better on Grey's Anatomy. He looks better tho, at the end of Grey's he was painfully thin.

I'm not sure what guy you are talking about on the Russian ship. But it's clear the male scientist on the US ship is working with the Russians.

Mangosquirrel

06-25-2013

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mangosquirrel a private message Print Post    
I think the scientist on the Russian ship has an immunity to the virus. He is the something else that they need to find cure that the Russian captain alluded to. I agree they seem to have a friendly relationship. Maybe because he could contaminate the entire crew. Looked like he was purposely blowing on the mouse at the end.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, I was referring to the man with the American (?) accent that was in quarantine on the Russian ship.

Mangosquireel, I thought the same thing. Tried to make it look like he may eat the poor thing but clearly was just breathing on it.

Now I have another question (gotta stop watching tv at the same time I am falling asleep LOLOL). Did the virus kill 100%? I thought there were survivors all over the world (so others with a natural immunity or were exposed/got sick and recovered). I know there were groups that were never exposed (like the guy they picked up in Cuba) as well. ETA: just checked wikipedia and it says approx. half the earth's population is still alive so that can't be why the guy is so valuable?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, Rissa, I realized afterwards that I am an episode behind.

Sorry for confusing everyone!

Mangosquirrel

06-25-2013

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mangosquirrel a private message Print Post    
I think the ones still alive were isolated and never contracted the virus and the reason the guy on the Russian ship did contract it and survived. Or, he is just a carrier. Can't wait to see had it plays out.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching although I haven't seen this week's episode. It's not a great show but it keeps me entertained while I do other things - kind of like Hawaii Five 0.

Horsemom2

05-09-2011

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Horsemom2 a private message Print Post    
WOW is all I can say after this last week's episode. So glad I continued to watch it!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, wrong thread.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 24, 2014 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Dramatic finale! I've really enjoyed this season, it'll be a long wait for the next one.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 2:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying it too, more as the season went on, but, my comments about the casting of the captain still hold. For me, he still seems like a poser and Baldwin still seems under utilized. LOVED seeing Alfre Woodard join the cast, but she is a regular on the upcoming 'State of Affairs' so guessing it won't be a long term appearance.

Horsemom2

05-09-2011

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Horsemom2 a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to its second season.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I thought this was a very entertaining show. I have no issues with the captain as I never watched Grey's. The finale was ahhhh! How can they leave it hanging like that. I hope it comes back sooner than the summer. I just knew Alfre Woodward was going to be the baddie.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I like the captain in this roll too. Calm, cool and collected. Perfect way to lead. I also never watched Grey's.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
So THAT'S who the Captain is. I knew he was someone familiar, but just didn't put two and two together.

I did recognize Adam Baldwin, from Chuck though.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The season 2 trailer is very dramatic!

https://youtu.be/fbz1CLcQ51Q

Starts Jun 21st.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Returns tonight!

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
Was very good!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was surprised by how quickly they seemed to clear up the situation with the evil leader woman. I get the impression next week we're going to start a whole new chapter with the underground people.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I guess I should catch up on -demand, last year the plot was getting a bit off the original point, so I dropped it this year.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought it was very good!

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I thnk this season has been even better than last year. I like that they are on the mainland some of the time now and can interact with other people

I guess I understand (and admire) his sense of duty, but I don't know how the captain could have left his family. I think I would have invoked special privileges and brought them with me.

It's interesting that there is a whole group of immune people who have banded together. And that Russian guy who infected the entire beach. What kind of monster could play with a child knowing he was going to kill him?
I can't remember his backstory, though. We saw him on the Russian ship and now he's on an American beach. Do we know how that happened? If so, I missed it.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Is no one watching this. It really is an excellent show. It is pretty intense.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I am Lazylu! It's one of the few I watch almost immediately after the DVR is through recording it.