TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
2016 Tony' Awards

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: 2016 Tony' Awards users admin

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching? I am thoroughly enjoying it!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It starts soon here on the west coast. Looking forward to it!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Really great opening (actually there were two and both were awesome!)
The featured musicals are so good. I have always loved the Tony's not only because I love musicals, but the actors seems to have such a sense of community.

Happygal

11-15-2004

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happygal a private message Print Post    
Good show this year - fast paced and entertaining. James is doing a great job as host and his opening number was great fun. I particularly enjoyed the Bright Star number that was just on - I've got tickets for Bright Star on Broadway in October and can't wait to see it live!!!

Abby7

07-17-2002

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Ty for reminder.....just set dvr, James corden....♥️

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Law and Order! LOL

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I had seen it, but Broadway Carpool Karaoke rocks!!!!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Excellent opening in how he addressed last night's tragedy. Well done Mr. Corden.

The rest is starting pretty great as well!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Loved the opening musical, especially with all the nominated actors on stage together at the end and the theme of the young boy dreaming of being on stage.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Loved the opening, loved the law and order joke, loved the joke about "you have to wait" when Hamilton cast went close to the tony award in the opening....

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Favorite moment tonight: performance of "Celie" in Color Purple, which earned a standing ovation!!! (Actress later won the Tony!)

Overall, loved it, but one they could have done better: the in Memoriam segment--why do they insist on pulling back the camera periodically so that you can't read the name of the person(s) who has/have died until they zoom in again? Happened at least 3 times.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
WOW, that was great! I really didn't know much about James Corden before this so it was a great chance to see his talent. He rocked it! And so many good shows. Even if Hamilton took most of the honors, it made me want to see others as well. What a good year for Broadway!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 4:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Beth, that bothered me too!

Completely loved the show. It couldn't have come at a better time.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
At the last minute, Hamilton decided to do the dance number without muskets.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I LOVED this year's show!!!! I first "knew" James Corden from his two episodes on Doctor Who. I loved him then and I love him even more now. I hope he hosts again next year. I like NPH but James' hosting seemed more "comfortable".

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I saw the beginning, was amazed at James Corden performance, he was amazing.

Loved when his Dad said it was running a bit long, haha.

And I did see the last hour or so.

Wonder if CBS will show it again.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, "The Book of xxxxx" starting Trump. Well crap it red dots.

And "A Clinton Line", two good jokes.

I just love Bebe Neuerth (sp).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, I didn't realize Barbra Streisand was going to be on the show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And what the heck is Neil Patrick Harris doing with a shaved head, LOL?

Abby7

07-17-2002

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
One of my fav of corden's carpool karaoke (in case anyone missed it and/or interested):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qqrvm2XDvpQ

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Neil Patrick Harris made a reference to a film he is currently doing in Canada and then rubbed his head as if to explain that was why it was shaved.

I will watch Bebe Neuerth in anything!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: