TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 01, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Catch : Archive through May 01, 2016 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Not quite sure what to make of producer Shonda Rhimes new frothy mishmash The Catch. I liked it enough to tune in next week to see what direction it's heading, if it has one.

I found myself obsessing about the fact that the stars Mireille Enos and Peter Krause look uncannily like Julianne Moore and Colin Firth.

Firth & Moore

Krause & Enos

So... anyone else 'catch' this show tonight?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I will be watching it this weekend, but one thing I have to say is that I am thrilled to finally see Mireille Enos get a big role where she gets to dress up and wear make-up. That poor girl was so plained down for her major roles on Big Love and The Killing. It was almost hard realize she was so beautiful.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I love both these actors from the previous work I've seen them do so I hope this one works. The premise reminds me of the old Cary Grant movie To Catch a Thief or possibly even more like The Thomas Crown Affair.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
If there ever was a pair on TV -- Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman. Those two!! She doesn't need make-up and fancy clothes. Mireille and Peter don't work for me. I watched a little of The Catch last night and then went to Shades of Blue without recording the rest of The Catch. I may try again . . . or not.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it. I like Peter Krause playing a rather bad character. Naja, I thought the same thing when I saw her.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ITA Kappy! It also has a bit of a RomCom feel to it.
When I griped that the initial dialogue was ridiculously fast, DH said it was an homage to old movies with Katherine Hepburn-esque speedy banter.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I liked it.

Mireille Enos must be having a blast playing this type of character after the darkness of The Killing (I didn't see Big love). I wouldn't have ever thought of Peter Krause as similar to Colin Firth, but he is with this character.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 12:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I liked it, too, but I thought the background music in spots was annoyingly distracting (and loud, too). Enos and Krause are really too good, so I'll put up with the music just to enjoy their latest venture.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I wasn't going to watch this because I didn't want to watch a show about a weak woman, but your comments make me want to give it a chance

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was telling Dipo in another thread, that I have the hots for Peter Krause especially as a bad boy. I loved it.
I agree about that background music Ricky

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I also agree about the background music. It seems to be a trend these days on a lot of shows, sometimes to the detriment of the dialogue. I hate it. But I think the shows are trying to compete with the music videos. I'm too old to appreciate it. I want my background music IN THE BACKGROUND!

I love Peter Krause. It's so hard to see him be a bad guy after watching him be the stand-up dad on Parenthood. The female lead reminds me a lot of Jessica Chastaine, but not as pretty. She should never wear her hair behind her ears like that. Not attractive.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I liked the show enough to set it up on my PVR, but that could change after a couple of weeks. I was away for 3 weeks, with no DVR and all shows were an hour earlier than on the east coast so I missed most of my shows. I am still trying to catch up, but getting bored with some of them.
The only show that I have been watching for the past month is NCIS LA, and that was only because my daughter-in-law was on the last 6 of them. She played the gorgeous Russian girl Anna who looks like she might hook up with Callan, if she is asked back again. She doesn't know what will happen with the rest of the show. It's been fun watching her though.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy moly! pretty erotic sex play. Is that the guy that was in numbers???? I just now recognized him.

LOL, off to google to check on him.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It is him, the beard threw me off, LOL. Alimi Ballard, I really like him.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Alimi Ballard ~ I looked him up the first night to make sure he was who I thought he was - the guy from Numbers. I love him being on this show because he gets so much more air time!

I'm still not sure how I feel about the show but I do love the entire cast!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I are enjoying it a lot.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I like this show, but I had a hard time hearing some of the dialogue. The background music was drowning it out. This particular episode I had to keep rewinding to catch what was being said.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I like it too, seems that maybe the "bad guy" really isn't a bad guy. He is just stuck with those other people owing someone a bunch of money and would like to get out.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I have loved the Princess Zara character. Thought she added a LOT to the show and hoping against hope they will bring her back again. Has anyone seen her in any other shows? Her interactions with Ben/Christopher/Michael were delightful, and often left me wondering who was learning from whom.
Thought last week's episode was the best, especially the scene where body language spoke louder than words with the 2 main characters. So am looking forward to tonight, though will definitely miss the Princess!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I really thought this show was bad. Running one of the best security companies she does not check out the guy she is going to marry. The one mention stillof checking him out is googling. Really I could do that. He hires her company to keet her and she does not check out clients. Really. And that is the smallest part of silly. I am out on this. Was just bored and binge watched.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
He didn't hire her, that's why they didn't check him out.

But you are correct it is a little crazy that she wouldn't check out the guys she dates.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
not dates - is marrying!

No family. no friends. who is this guy?

don't even think of that, how does her company run after all those losses? clients keep getting robbed and you stay in business as a security firm?
How do the crooks succeed when they hook up a random thumb drive to their main computer with all their bank passwords etc?

First of all, I store no bankpasswords online, can't log in unless I input the needed data. While not the bast security, I don't sign into a bank until I have done at least 2 different scans, after I log into banks,I1. don't let data be stored permanently, and I do a cache cleaning. and I am not a super thief, just a bland paranoid senior citizen who once programs parts of the ATM system and knows how bad programmers can be thus does not possess an ATM card.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Seems to be a lot of mixed opinions on this show: it's almost a love or hate scenario. I was all the way in the LOVE category, especially the last 2 episodes which exceeded expectations.

However, last night this light-toned caper program took a sudden turn to darkness and I am not sure I can recover. I loved the light caper feel and could even deal with that one killing of the guy in the car early on, but the character they killed at the end was so much a part of the light-hearted fun (that tango last week was delicious!) and even though she was designated a "killer" in the script, she never came across that way. I LOVED the last 2 episodes, but I am not sure I can recover from this dark change in tone (because it looks like more ahead). Unless they change the tone and remove Rhys SOON, I may not be able to stick with this show that I loved.
Color me sad.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I still like it ,but I'd prefer another leading lady. She bugs me, I can't put my finger on it. Maybe I don't think she's attractive. One thing, her eye lashes are over whelming.
It was good to see Poussey from Orange Is The New Black.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
They are bringing back Reggie (Almi Ballard) in next episode (about time!) so I have a glimmer of hope.

Interesting how many comments are out there re the overwhelming eyelashes! Such a simple fix; would hope the makeup department would listen!

I haven't rooted for a network series (other than Nashville) in a long time, so am hoping we get at least the full 10-episode run for first season. But please keep it "caper light" not "murder dark".