TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Containment

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Containment users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 13, 2016Kitt25 07-13-16  8:15 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
heh, I took a great hint that they keep the subheading S1 Ep XX - seriously, if you want to be limited, why have a season in the title?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
because that's the only way the networks track the shows? I don't know if they can do it any other way. There's a definite one season miniseries I'm watching on BBC America that doesn't have episode names or season number, but BBC America has labelled the S1En for every show and called each episode the show name (Thirteen). They have to do something so they just do the thing that fits.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 18, 2016 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well I guess I'm wrong, they say they did want to continue, but they wrapped it up pretty well.

http://tvline.com/2016/07/18/containment-spoilers-season-1-finale-series-finale/

Muffin

08-29-2007

Monday, July 18, 2016 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
What? Are you saying that the show that I watched tonight.......I'm a day earlier than the US........was the finale??
Can't wait for anyone's comments after you watch it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 18, 2016 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was the final episode ever!

From your reaction, it doesn't sound like it wrapped much up at all!

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I'll wait for you to watch it before I say anything at all.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought it ended really well. Nothing ever happens quickly in those sort of things, and the open ended "hope" approach seemed to be somehow realistic, or at least as good as we could get.

Very bittersweet about the old couple though.

Here's another link from the same place about the "limited series" label, it was basically a marketing ploy they used because the series had been filmed with an almost-conclusion, so could be limited if it didn't get picked up. I guess now we know for sure for future series.

http://tvline.com/2016/07/19/containment-recap-season-1-finale-series-finale/

Muffin

08-29-2007

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was bittersweet about the old couple. Once she hurt her leg, I expected them to die like this.
I would have preferred to see more closure. Not be left with them still in containment and no cure.
I see the point where people did find closure, but I didn't. I do hope it gets picked up for another year.
Thanks for that link, it did make some sense for me.
I think you, Kitt, and I are the only people watching this show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A lot of people were turned off it right at the beginning, but I thought it was pretty good all through, at least enough to make me stop multi-tasking which is how I watch most shows on tv nowadays.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I stuck it out and was okay with the ending even if it felt a bit rushed. For me the 'hope' came when people showed up voluntarily to do blood tests to see if they carried the anti-bodies.

I like the idea of a limited series and see it as an extended mini series. I prefer that over taking shows like The Dome and Zoo and trying to create more seasons which don't work.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Me too, it worked well as it was. The Dome was a great example of a one-season idea extended into a failure.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: