TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 16, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: People vs OJ Simpson: Archive through March 16, 2016 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It really is. He died a few years ago, and I wonder if he was alive whether he'd let them show him like that (or maybe he wouldn't have a say?).

The thing with emptying Nicole's house and redecorating OJ's house was so bad. The whole show is really aggravating me, if they really did what it seems like they did then it was even more of a miscarriage of justice than it appeared at the time, because it as so manipulated.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
In the book, Jeffrey Toobin reports on Cochran's philandering, so there's a good chance we'll see that portrayed in an upcoming episode. He apparently kept a mistress for many years while still married to Mrs. Cochran.

The redecorating of the Rockingham house actually happened (Toobin reported on that in the book, too).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I heard EW does recaps and also puts what really happened vs what they are showing. Its so hard to find articles on their site so if anyone finds those recaps pls share. ty!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I found it

http://www.ew.com/recap/the-people-v-oj-simpson-american-crime-story-episode-5/2

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Pamy. I just do not understand how ITO allowed the jury to still visit the 'crime scene' once it had been staged and items removed and replaced, once Marcia brought it to his attention. What a farce! Ito was useless. Couldn't someone have called for a mistrial or whatever and asked for the case to go to the Supreme Court or whatever?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link, very interesting and useful. I wonder how much Toobin can be trusted though?!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 12:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That's an excellent point Kitt. Marcia Clark seems okay with this version so it must be fairly accurate, is how I see it.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Toobin covered the trial from start to finish for the New Yorker magazine, which historically has had a respected reputation for being very vigorous with their fact-checking. That doesn't mean everything he wrote was 100% accurate, but I'm guessing he got pretty close to that.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Good to know, thanks! I was still in the UK when the trial was on, we saw parts of it on tv but I can't even remember how, it seems like there was a show on it daily but can't think what it would have been. Then of course the big highlights (like the glove and "if it doesn't fit you must acquit") were on our news.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
and WHY did the jurors need to go to both houses?? Is that done in trials? I think Ito just wanted to go there

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
This is an interesting developmnt
http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/03/04/oj-simpson-knife-found-murders-nicole-brown/

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I heard that this morning. Wow. just wow. 1998.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
looking at crime scenes can be allowed but it definitely is NOT the norm - and its ridiculous that they allowed it after the scene(s) were cleaned up (not that you want to see the blood etc but still - see what was actually there) ... i can see going to OJ's house to see the outside where they found one glove but to look at the whole house???? no reasoning there.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Legal. I REALLY appreciate your expertise and input.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I said at the time of the trial that whether I believed he did it or not, he was getting off because the prosecution had too many holes not to meet that beyond a reasonable doubt threshold. Watching the series you wonder how did he get off but that is why there are lawyers on both sides. You can have the same facts but how you deliver them to the target audience is what it's really about. Johnnie Cochran had that gift of being a good storyteller...something I think the great lawyers possess.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
As just an ordinary person watching it on TV daily for pretty much the entire trial, I had no problem with the prosecution's case and was shocked shitless when he got off. I hate that it's not about justice but who has the fancier, faster-talking lawyer and the slanted demographics of jury selection.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... what Mame said...

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Recap https://www.yahoo.com/tv/the-people-v-oj-simpson-american-crime-story-164820443.html

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Love those recaps. Thx again Legal. :-)

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Yup they are good to read.

Sarah Paulson is sooo good in this role.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I guess they needed the humor in the episode's title..was not a easy few days for Marcia, Marcia, Marcia..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'm actually going to be depressed when this show ends. I almost wish they would have filmed it to watch daily for 8 mo!!

Legal, love those recaps, The captions to the pics LMAO! its Razzle dazzle hour bwhoahahhahaaa

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
When is the series over?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mame, it's ten episodes, and finishes on April 5 with an episode titled "The Verdict".

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/the-people-v-oj-simpson-american-crime-story-141903608.html