TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 15, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: Archive through February 15, 2016 users admin

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Mr. Carson must be having a blast playing these scenes! Not only his attitude towards Mrs. Carson, but towards Thomas too. I really do want to throw a shoe at him!

Mary is just such a snob, even when she is being nice to Anna.

Daisy, Daisy, Daisy!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Wasn't Molesly the Dowager's butler for a bit? Maybe that's why he's a Mr? (Or is my memory wrong?)

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Mosley was Matthew Crawley's butler but lost his job when Mathew died.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Here is Mosely's back story:

http://downtonabbey.wikia.com/wiki/Joseph_Molesley

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Oophs .... spoiler in that link! Must be from the BBC broadcast.

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I have a hard time believing that anyone coming in to see the opulence of that house would criticize it for not being cozy. The reactions of the villagers seemed really off to me.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
They're British.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
OG said: If Mosley goes maybe that will save Thomas from having to leave.

I am hoping the same thing!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Sorry about there being a spoiler, I didn't notice it/

Csnog

07-18-2002

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
I just don't see Daisy as being jealous of Mrs. Patmore. I see it more as an extension of her job she fears, and being ordered about in front of Mr. Mason. Daisy dresses differently when with Mr. Mason, and she see's him as a father figure, not a love interest.

Mr. Mason has always encouraged Daisy, and I see her as feeling Mrs. Patmore thinks of Daisy as below her and taking over, thus making Daisy feel and look small.
I don't think that this will go into a storyline as Mrs. Patmore has her B&B to look forward to. She even has a phone installed so the future with Mr. Mason could be dead in the water.

I do agree that Daisy is acting brattish. She just needs to figure out why. Perhaps her 6 tests will put her on to a future of opening a shop on her own, with her education skills as she finds confidence in herself.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I see Daisy as like the child of a single parent. She's used to having all his attention and doesn't want to share him. She doesn't see him as a romantic interest at all. He's a father figure and she loves that!

I would love to see a happy ending for Mrs. Patmore and Mr. Mason. Two lonely people who could be happy together. What's not to like? Daisy needs to get over herself.

And Mr. Molesley was Matthew's valet, not his butler.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
BJ'sMom...Um, you just put an Air Supply song in my head. LOL! I'll be heading back to the 80's for a while now.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
You are right Gurliegirl. He was Matthew's valet which was one reason he was not needed after Matthew's death.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Credit where it's due...BabyJax mom said that, not me. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, BJsmom hit the nail on the head about Daisy. She doesn't want the old man to herself because of a romantic interest, it's because of a parental interest. She doesn't want to share him! Just huge insecurity on her part. She's too old to be acting this way.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Gurliegirl, what 80s Air Supply song??? I have to know.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Two Less Lonely People In the World.
There...now it's in your head too, isn't it? LOL.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Ogradma, I know that was a bit of a spoiler but I was so glad to read it..Mosley is a good man.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Gosh I didn't expect a story narrator tonight.
Mr. Carson got shot down tonight thanks to Mrs. Patmore and Mrs. Carson.
I have to digest and watch this episode over again.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Story narrator?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I loved Mrs. Hughes getting the upper hand with Mr. Carson. Loved watching his discomfort.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Csnog...I am not sure what you mean by "story narrator".

The was fun with Mr. Carson!

Will Edith ever tell he new suitor the truth about Marigold? She should, but I guess in those days, this would cause a problem.

Yay for Mosley! Maybe (as someone else mentioned) Thomas could step in. Mr. Carson has been especially cruel to him. At least Daisy admitted she was being selfish about Mr. Mason because she wanted to keep him to herself.

And the.puppy!!!!!

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Maybe you accidentally activated "described or narrated programming" on your tv, Csnog.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
have we seen the last of Violet...lets hope not.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm worried something will happen to the Dowager in the South of France and we won't see her again.

And yes, Reenie!!!! The puppy!!! As they were going down the stairs I said out loud, "It's a puppy!!!" So glad I was right. Of course, I burst into tears at the sight of the little angel. It's been an emotional day. My mother is in assisted living. I had lunch with her today, but she called me this afternoon and asked me how she's supposed to pay for her dinner. She has dementia and has lived there for a year and a half. I told her to just go to the dining room and order whatever she wants. They know her and it's included with her rent. She seems to be deteriorating quickly the past couple of months. It was pretty upsetting. I've been teary every since.