TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 08, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Colony - on USA & Bravo (Canada): Archive through February 08, 2016 users admin

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I wasnt expecting Will's boss to get killed off! Just when she had his wife in her power, too. Will's wife thinks she is so clever setting that fire but everyone knew she did it!

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I don't understand why Will didn't just lie and say that he knew the guy they caught was Geronimo and ask for his son while he still had leverage.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Good point Scout!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
You know what bothers me most about this show? Katie riding around on her bike when she's almost always wearing a skirt or dress! Drives me bonkers because it's so much more practical to be wearing pants, shorts or capris.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I imagine after they interrogated the bomb guy that Will had previously arrested, and he was surprised at how much they got out of him, Will knew that if they questioned this guy the same way they'd find out soon enough he wasn't Geronimo.

And had Will lied, then he'd be exposed and off to the camps.

Scout

01-19-2005

Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
But how do they torture him into finding out he's NOT Geronimo?
If they start out saying, "Are you Geronimo?"
Answer "Yes"
More torture, "Are you you Geronimo?"
Answer, "Yes",
Still more torture, "Are you Geronimo?" answer "No, I"m not him". But that doesn't mean he wasn't' just saying the lie to get the torture to stop.

And even if Will did think that they would find out he wasn't Geronimo, I'm still curious why he's not making some kind of deal as to when he gets his son. He's not even asking for proof he's still alive - his capture of not-Geronimo should have at least had them convinced of his loyalty for the moment. I'm just surprised he's not making more of a deal of exactly what he needs to do or not do.
Although, I get they always have the threat to the rest of his family if he doesn't comply, it still seems he would be negotiating more.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think he knows he can't deal yet. He tried when they first hired him on and was told not yet. I also think that they would have found out without him that he wasn't Geronimo.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Scout, how did they torture the guy into actually telling them not only who else was in his cell, but also where to find them? Why wouldn't he give them false info to make them stop?

That's the thing about torture. And... we really don't know what they do to them. For all we know, they can read their minds.

And Will doesn't know either, he was told he couldn't watch the first time, and then he chose not to with the radio guy.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love that this show is less about "aliens invade the earth" and more about everyone trying to get the upper hand on everyone else! The writing in this show so far is awesome. I love that I can't predict what's going to happen. I was so surprised that they killed Will's boss off so quickly, just when it seemed like she was going to get Katie to work for her.

And yes, Mameblanche, now we know Maddie is actually Will's SIL! (Not that I need to be right, but I do love to be right. )

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love that this show is less about "aliens invade the earth" and more about everyone trying to get the upper hand on everyone else! The writing in this show so far is awesome. I love that I can't predict what's going to happen. I was so surprised that they killed Will's boss off so quickly, just when it seemed like she was going to get Katie to work for her.

And yes, Mameblanche, now we know Maddie is actually Will's SIL! (Not that I need to be right, but I do love to be right. )

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Heh, you love it so much, you said it twice!

I like the actress that played Will's boss, so I'm sorry to see her go, but this series does keep you guessing!

Scout

01-19-2005

Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Karuuna - that's true. We don't actually know what techniques they used to get the info and possibly they are using some type of alien advantage. Good point.

So maybe Will isn't yet in a position to demand a timeline of when he gets his son, but it still seems at the very least that he would ask for proof his son is okay.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was starting to like Will's boss so I was sad to see her get shot. Good writing though.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Scout, perhaps. I think he's just being careful because he was rebuffed so thoroughly previously.

Pushing could jeopardize his position and his son. I think he was just trying to win his boss' trust, and now that's over.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I was starting to like her too. Oh crap, are his son's tapes still in her desk drawer? And those pix of his wife as a rebel... someone is bound to find this stuff. <worried frown>

ETA, I figure the double-agent who killed her PROBABLY grabbed those pix off her before he left. (hoping)

And hopefully if they do find the kid's tapes they wont know he made them.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
She said she destroyed the tapes.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, that is the debate - she SAID she destroyed the tapes, She SAID a lot of things. who do you trust?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm with you, Sadiesmom. I heard her say she destroyed the tapes, but do we really believe her? Hopefully they didn't have his name on them.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
That actress was the mom on Picket Fences. I enjoyed her character on Colony.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh why did they kill the woman?? To me she was the only one able to warn Katie about the 'false' resistance get some sense into her and also warn her husband to keep an eye on her...

Resistance can be good, as we've seen in past history, but it can be just evil when the wrong people get involved for the wrong motives.

Maybe I'm missing the real point... I was snoozing but woke up and started to like the show, then, zap! the woman is dead..

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, February 08, 2016 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It was so sad when she told her killer to 'Shoot him too'.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, February 08, 2016 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just checked IMDb and it shows Kathy Baker on only 3 episodes with all the other important characters with 10 episodes. So, the handwriting was on the wall if only we'd looked.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 08, 2016 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's why I try not to look at that stuff for spoilers, OG. I like to be surprised!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 08, 2016 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I do also occasionally like to check out IMDB or WIKI for that kind of info.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 08, 2016 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
One thing for sure, this show sure gives us lots to discuss. Kind of like LOST - which I think is the idea. I'm guessing that they are hoping to strike lightening twice with this one. But I doubt it's gonna happen. It's just too dark and grim for me. Not enough lightness or humour to balance.