TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 11, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: People vs OJ Simpson: Archive through February 11, 2016 users admin

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
His daughter lives in St. Pete, Florida now. Don't know about his son.

I think that fact he left his two, very young children alone in that house after butchering their mother says more about the man than anything else. They could easily have found her lying in a pool of blood, almost decapitated. Thank God the dog's barking didn't wake Sydney and bring her downstairs that night.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree - I kept seeing pictures of Cuba Gooding, Jr. and wondering "who is he playing?"

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Totally agree, too. Gooding has a high-pitched, squealy-type voice when playing the O.J. agitated scenes and that is so far away from Simpson's rich baritone. I don't know what they were thinking when they chose to go with Gooding - maybe they were able to hire him on the cheap?

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Yes, Uncle_ricky, I forgot to mention the voice. I kept waiting for him to yell out "Show me the Money!" I like Cuba but he is just BADLY miscast in this, whereas the rest of them are perfect in the parts. For example, the actor playing the cop, Mark Fuhrman, is dead on, as are Johnny, Marcia, Keto and Chris. But OJ...no, no, no.

Also, Travolta is doing a strangely super Shapiro. I only hope the rest of the Kardashians are not given any more airtime. We don't need to see the kids or hear about 'Kimmie's room". That along with Kourtney and Khloe running around playing in the church during the funeral service, seemed over the top contrived to me. They have no reason whatsoever to be in this at all, imo.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What a shame that Cuba is miscast.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
There are two sorts of justice-one for the rich and celebrities, the other for the rest of us. Watched the trial non-stop when it was on and read Toobin's book when it first came out.

The entire affair was a fiasco from beginning to end and it makes me upset to think he got away with it. I won't be watching this, either.

He's supposed to serve 30 years for robbery & kidnapping but may possibly get out next year!

http://tinyurl.com/jl62jd5

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Finally got around to watching this today. Found it gripping right from the opening scene, but agree Cuba is miscast as OJ. In addition to what everyone else has said, he also looks too old.
The biggest surprise to me as far as casting was how good David Schwimmer was as Robert Kardashian!
I'm one of the few people in the country that did not pay a lot of attention to the trial when it was going on.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Marcia Clark recently appeared on "The View" -- the link below features her time with the panel, split into two clips. Very interesting stuff. I can only imagine how incredibly frustrating it had to have been to deal with the fame-and-attention-obsessed Judge Ito.

http://deadline.com/2016/02/marcia-clark-talks-the-people-vs-o-j-simpson-on-the-view-video-1201695877/

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
i think one of the most impressionable scenes from last night's episode - as subtle as it was - was seeing Marcia Clark walk through the office, seeing everyone (EVERYONE) glued to TVs.

also i forgot the NBA finals were going on the night of the chase- the only sport i dont fanatically follow.

and interesting that there were TWO white broncos... also, lets see how Chris Darden gets placed on the case. Maybe for image??

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I agree about Cuba, OJ is so much taller. I am also impressed with David Schwimmer as Robert Kardashian.

I'll never forget the Bronco chase because we were watching the NBA finals. It was NY Knicks vs Houston Rockets. My husband (just boyfriend at the time) and I are big Knick fans and we were watching the game with friends and yelling at the tv!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was in Munich for an international meeting. Cable was in its infancy then, so there was only 1 English news channel on the hotel tv. All the Americans were so interested to watch from afar, we didn't want to go to the group dinner but we had to go. I remember talking about it at dinner. The Europeans just could not understand what was going on. It was a bit surreal.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
June 1994 - it was after my first year of college and I was interning with the Navy back home in Maryland...I don't think I started paying for cable yet at home but watched abc until it ended.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Oh I kept looking for Malcolm Jamal Warner ...didn't realize it was AC ...:-) I also find the reviews of each episode hilarious to read...but accurate.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Legal where can I see the reviews for the episodes?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was clueless about the whole mess. I was camping my way across North Carolina with a friend. We were on Ocracoke on Friday night in a bar and people were talking about the white Bronco chase and filled us in.

My daughter said OJ should have been arrested simply for the Bronco chase.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Last nights recap. https://www.yahoo.com/tv/the-people-v-oj-simpson-american-crime-story-122013231.html

Last week's recap. https://www.yahoo.com/tv/the-people-v-oj-simpson-american-crime-story-151114642.html

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
unbelievable they let him dictate where he would be arrested. Really shows how cos bent over backwards for him...makes it hard to believe they would frame him

I coulda done without the K girls chanting their freaking name! waste of a scene!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
My daughter said OJ should have been arrested simply for the Bronco chase.

Absolutely. Most people would have gone to prison just for that. Failing to stop for the police in that situation was wrong.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Al Cowlings should have been arrested too! I dont remember anything happening to him for being the driver

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Legal, pls post links to those recaps weekly, they are hysterical!!!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Pamy, he (Cowlings) was arrested and charged with a felony (aiding a fugitive). He was released on bail and Garcetti (the D.A.) opted not to charge him due to lack of evidence.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Yes Legal, you really need to post those weekly recaps, they are a fun read. Thanks for sharing!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Cowlings

Forgot to include the source in my 9:22 p.m. post - sorry about that.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Loved the recaps Legal.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 3:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
No charges due to lack of evidence? Shaking my head, that is all I can do......

Will do with the recaps! They definitely are a fun read - especially to offset the seriousness of events at the time.