TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Vinyl on HBO

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Vinyl on HBO users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Who's watching Vinyl tonight on HBO? I can stream it live on HBONOW. A radio host in Chicago interviewed Max Casella last night / this morning at 2:30 a.m.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Starts tonight 8:00 - 10:00 Central.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I'm excited about this series. I'll be watching. :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Just noticed that Jack Quaid is in it. Jack -- son of Dennis and Meg. He'll be 24 next month.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I just looked up Jack Quaid to see what he looked like and my first thought was that he looks more like a son of Josh Duhamel than Meg or Dennis! :-)

jackquaid
image from:LINK to imdb.com

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This show was great! I just finished watching the premiere. But I think I love any show Bobby Cannivale is in.

When the show ended, I got online to search about the band in the first and last scenes, and found this interesting tidbit.

So, as those of you who watched the pilot saw, Cannavale's Richie Finestra is entranced by a New York Dolls concert at the Mercer Arts Center in lower Manhattan when the entire building starts coming apart at the seams, collapsing on all the concert-goers but somehow sparing Richie any serious harm.

The Mercer Arts Center did, indeed, fall down in the summer of 1973, as part of the larger collapse of the University Hotel, which killed four people. But (as this article lays out) it was at 5 p.m. on a Friday, not in the middle of a rock show. The New York Dolls had played the Mercer stage before, but weren't there that particular day."

They talk a little more about it in this interview with the creator.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/did-all-the-mayhem-at-the-end-of-the-vinyl-pilot-really-happen

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I ended up dropping this show since I already have so much to watch that night. Maybe I will do a marathon during the summer slowdown.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: