TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 05, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: People vs OJ Simpson: Archive through February 05, 2016 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
10 part series started tonite. I thought it was put together well. Seems true to the facts so far.
Nicole was such a beautiful woman and such a great mom

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Didn't record it but watched online today. i am hooked.

I wasn't alive for "where were you when Kennedy was shot" but John Lennon's death, the Challenger, 9/11, and the Bronco chase are those moments for me... enjoying the small details (if true) especially the scene between Johnnie Cochran and Chris Darden

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We were glued to the O.J. Simpson coverage. We watched hours and hours of it. Best reality TV ever.

I wasn't planning to watch this but I may now because I'm hearing it's very good. For some reason it seems less exploitive to me if it's well made. I just feel discomfort at being entertained by something that involved real people dying but then again I watch war movies and the like all the time.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The Goldmans were on Dr. Phil yesterday and are not happy about this series (nor are the Browns). The developers of the series didn't speak to them at all.

Kato Kaelin was also interviewed and he said that he saw the first show and saw several discrepancies.

The author of the book (Jeffrey Toobin (sp?) was also on and he said it was not that they wanted to disrespect the families, but simply that the series was not about the murders but about the behind-the-scenes manipulations that happened in this case.

It made me almost interested enough to watch...maybe it will be reshown at another time this week.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
it was on 3 times in a row last night so i would think it will repeat again before ep 2

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I saw that as well Roxip. I understand if there was not a NEED to interview the families but common decency would have been to give them a heads up. Was heartbreaking that Ron's mother found out about it because she was just relaxing in front of a tv when she saw the commercial.

In a normal situation I would say there does come a point where the families cannot expect to be consulted every time the case comes up in the media but this is different since they never did get the closure they deserve. Anyone know if Simpson ever settled the civil judgement after his latest arrest? Or is the bulk of his money still safely hidden off shore?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Rissa I saw an article or read something online that said the Goldman's had gotten some minimal amount of the judgment. Unfortunately, somehow many of OJ's assets are somehow protected from the judgment...I thought because they were needed to support the kids, but it seems like that should be over by now.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree. Common decency doesn't seem to be too common these days! It is unfortunate that they have to keep reliving this pain over and over again.

I always wonder how his and Nicole's children are doing. They have been very well protected apparently.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
that message from their daughter from the police station was heart-breaking - i assume it was accurate because its too heart wrenching to listen to if just made up for TV

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Yes, Legal, that phone call did happen. Over the weekend, I read Toobin's book (upon which the FX series is based), and he included that phone call in the book.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
can i get this on demand?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the actor playing Kato is spot on LOL

I found it interesting that Darden and Cochran knew each other prior, i dont think I knew that back then.

They cast everyone perfectly, they all look so much like the people in real life, esp Dearden and Kato!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Does it air weekly?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Tuesdays at 10pm.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wish I could binge watch all 10 eps this weekend!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Browns live just south of me and were interviewed for our paper and one of Nicole's sisters pointed out that it seemed not a coincidence that the series started on Nicole and OJ's wedding anniversary.

I have it recorded.

I watched the entire trial.

and I will never forget the bronco chase because we had just come home from the hospital where I was with my dad when he died.. my brother flipped on the tv and there was the bronco chase, so we watched.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I just cannot watch it. I saw a couple of minutes as I channel surfed. I believe they were trying to make oj look somehow vulnerable. It was the stupid gun scene. OJ is too egotistical to harm himself. That was enough for me.
Now, reading from above, that the victims' families were not involved or consulted, forget it. That murderer does not deserve any attention. He needs to be forgotten and disappear into the history books as well as somewhere else.
Can you tell I watched that farce of a trial? lol

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Cmom. The trial was quite enough for me.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
i understand how some will not want to watch the mini-series. At the same time, i would not judge the actual show on just a few minutes of viewing. In my view, the mini-series is portraying OJ as likely guilty and acting as such - i didn't see the suicidal scene as making him look vulnerable - but as one critic said, a moment where he knew he was guilty and didn't think he could get through the trial... i personally thought he had no chance of being found guilty based on the trial but that doesn't mean i didn't think he was guilty and the first ep gave several indications that he likely was guilty. I don't think i saw him as vulnerable at all in the first episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I don't think OJ's being painted in a good light at all. I didn't follow the trial that avidly so I've already seen things that (if they're accurate) make it more obvious he's guilty than I knew.

They have said they want to show how the result of the trial came out how it did, i.e. show the mistakes made in the trial and evidence collection process, show how OJ got star treatment that lost the opportunity to get fresh evidence, show the social climate that made people suspicious of police treatment of African Americans. They claim to not make any judgement on guilt or innocence.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I did see that it was going to be on at 1 or 2am this morning, LOL.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was preggers during the trial and not wking. I watched it 9 hrs a day, I was obsessed and I am LOVING this mini series!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Day of the verdict, I went in for the THIRD time to be induced, nurses were all in my room watching tv and after the verdict they turned up the pitocin and said if I dont go into labor they would send me home again! I lost it, cried hysterical and said OJ IS OUT, IWANT THIS BABY OUT TODAY! they scheduled csection for 6pm and thank god, cord was wrapped around his neck. Dylan was born the day the verdict came out. He is lucky I didnt name him Cochran! haha

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's funny Pamy! All I could think of reading that was the infamous "If it doesn't fit ...."

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I think Cuba Gooding Jnr. is badly miscast as OJ. He looks *nothing* like him on top of being way too short. Cuba looks so angry and mean all the time, whereas Simpson was well known as a charmer, having an affable, charismatic personality, one of the reasons why women fell for him all the time. I was once in his company and can attest to his charisma.